Author Topic: COMODO Backup 4.1.4.0 Bug Reports  (Read 35419 times)

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
Re: COMODO Backup 4.1.4.0 Bug Reports
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 02:47:50 AM »
Will try my best to post while the errors are still occurring, but this is not always practical. Any chance of setting up server logging not to over-write logs, to to take a (shadow?) copy of the logs? (I use CB for this sort of thing! Very handy!)
It's ok if you post the errors as soon as you can, within 24 hours after they happen. We'll improve server logging in the future.

Log which includes second occurrence is: here.
The errors found in log are 90412 and 177. They will be fixed in next CB & CCloud release.

Thanks
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 02:48:51 AM »
Problem: During CB online backup process, 9% completed on MOnday 9 August, after one successful retry, backup failed because "too much data was lost". Error number was: 90412 (Internal Error)
Error 90412 will be fixed in next CB & CCloud release.

Thanks
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 02:59:53 AM »
This bug "Cannot navigate back to backup in progress screen" still occurring, plus on restarting CBU after going through same process as reported in previous bug report, then closing CBU in order to abort backup (so getting abort backup Y/N dialog), got path invalid error (see appended). Possibly due to the fact that closing in order to abort (when paused) instead of pressing abort button left backup file unexpectedly present in Cloud.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 03:02:36 AM by mouse1 »

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 03:05:09 AM »
It's ok if you post the errors as soon as you can, within 24 hours after they happen. We'll improve server logging in the future.
The errors found in log are 90412 and 177. They will be fixed in next CB & CCloud release.

Thanks

OK will do this when I can. Sometimes I just have to take a screenshot & debug info and return to it later if otherwise pressed. But will do my best. Sorry about couple of delayed reports this morning, to clear backlog.

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 06:48:01 AM »
Problem: Given that CB and CCloud Client are not supposed to interact, the following behavior was unanticipated. CCloud client failed to log on with error 100 on Sunday 12 August, the subject of a forthcoming bug report. With the CCloud logon error dialog still showing I started CB and commenced my standard backup. CCloud, without me touching it, immediately (within a fraction of a second) logged on successfully. CB by contrast failed to backup giving a 'no logon credentials' error. On re-trying CB it logged on successfully, with no additional credentials supplied. In other words it looked like CB caused CCloud client to retry it's login and succeed, and CB failed because CCloud client was logging in
[...]
See Sunday backups on appended file: here.
Error 100 means that a request took longer than expected to complete.
The debug info file was created Saturday 11th of August, so it doesn't contain any info about the errors that occurred Sunday. I need the Sunday debug logs to be certain what caused the errors.

Thanks
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 06:55:33 AM »
Problem: CB declined to logon with error 100 on Sunday morning, however the logins supplied were the normal ones on file and were correct.
Error 100 is timeout error. It's recommended that debug logs are collected as soon as the error happens.
In this case, error happened Sunday and the logs were collected Monday, so they were overwritten because they have size limitation to avoid using too much disk space.
You can increase the size of the debug logs in registry here, to avoid this issue in the future: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComodoGroup\Common\Settings

Thanks
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 07:21:19 AM »
Error 100 is timeout error. It's recommended that debug logs are collected as soon as the error happens.
In this case, error happened Sunday and the logs were collected Monday, so they were overwritten because they have size limitation to avoid using too much disk space.
You can increase the size of the debug logs in registry here, to avoid this issue in the future: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComodoGroup\Common\Settings

Thanks

Sorry did not realise history on client was deleted daily. Sunday was my wife's birthday, so I was a bit distracted by other priorities. So sorry have no debug logs from Sun

I will reset registry key. I have backups logs if that is any good, as they are set on append.

Best wishes

MOuse

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 07:48:16 AM »
Problem: After the Online backup which reached 9% had failed, on pressing the re-try button, I hoped that CB would recommence the backup and add to the old online .cbu file. This would be possible if each write was constrained to be transactional (in the commit/rollback sense) and after every transaction left the file in a state that allowed it to be added to. Instead CB deleted the old file and started again from the beginning. Of course it may be that CB is not yet intended to work in this way, in which case this is not a bug as such. On a positive note re-try succeeded this time, whereas it had failed previously on occasions.
We are currently working on improving the server side so it would allow CB to resume where it left off.

Thanks
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 07:51:39 AM »
This bug "Cannot navigate back to backup in progress screen" still occurring, plus on restarting CBU after going through same process as reported in previous bug report, then closing CBU in order to abort backup (so getting abort backup Y/N dialog), got path invalid error (see appended). Possibly due to the fact that closing in order to abort (when paused) instead of pressing abort button left backup file unexpectedly present in Cloud.

The last minor update did not fix these bugs, only some cos-core-lib issues were fixed
What's fixed:
----------------------------------------
- some requests that took more than expected to complete or returned error 100 (timeout)
- errors 91221, 91222 and 90409
- added more debug information in logs to determine cause of errors.
The rest will be fixed in next release.

Thanks
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 07:53:25 AM »
Sorry did not realise history on client was deleted daily. Sunday was my wife's birthday, so I was a bit distracted by other priorities. So sorry have no debug logs from Sun

I will reset registry key. I have backups logs if that is any good, as they are set on append.

No problem. Thank you for taking the time to describe these issues.
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 08:01:11 AM »
We are currently working on improving the server side so it would allow CB to resume where it left off.

Thanks

That's excellent news.

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 08:04:24 AM »
The last minor update did not fix these bugs, only some cos-core-lib issues were fixedThe rest will be fixed in next release.

Thanks

Again Excellent news. Can I take it that your release note fix lists are comprehensive w.r.t posted bugs then? If so that is very very welcome, and I'll not re-post any previous ones, unless they are thought to be fixed.

:)

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 02:51:09 AM »
Again Excellent news. Can I take it that your release note fix lists are comprehensive w.r.t posted bugs then? If so that is very very welcome, and I'll not re-post any previous ones, unless they are thought to be fixed.

:)
Yes, the bugs list will be detailed and will contain each bug fixed.
When I usually say that a bug will be fixed in next release I mean in CB 4.2

A CB 4.2 or CB 5.0 version would contain beside bug fixes, new functionality and user interface changes (minor or major), while a CB 4.1.5 version would contain only some bug fixes without any changes or new functionality.

Thanks
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2012, 12:10:52 PM »

A CB 4.2 or CB 5.0 version would contain beside bug fixes, new functionality and user interface changes (minor or major), while a CB 4.1.5 version would contain only some bug fixes without any changes or new functionality.

Thanks

That's excellent thanks for the clarification.

Best wishes

Mouse

Offline casachit

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2012, 10:20:30 PM »

Thanks
:-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek