COMODO Backup 4.1.4.0 Bug Reports

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.
Be sure to describe the problem and include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them)
  • if the issue is a crash, program stops responding or freezes please see this topic
  • if the issue is an error (not program crash or freeze) please run the dbgInfo.bat in installation folder and post the resulting cbu file.
  • Any other Additional Information (for example, any non-default settings used);

Will restart my bug reports with this version if that’s OK (ie not post those that occurred after server fix and before this version fix).

Best wishes

Mouse

It’s ok :slight_smile:

Thanks

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit)
    Win 7, Prof, 32bit
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
    SyncBack, CIS, CTM
  • How you produced the problem;
    I tried to ‘Clean’ restore a folder. CB 4.1.4.0 made my comp to continually restart for restoration of the backup. After backup is ‘successfully finished’ comp goes to restart and makes restoration again without leaving this circle.
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
    Manual restart does not help. Only going to other CTM snapshot helped.

Thank’s to God we have CTM for trying other software though imho it doesn’t get due attention from developers.

Problem: During CB online backup process, CB was unable to reconnect after 100 retries. Initial comms error which caused the retries was : “an error occurred when sending data to Comodo Cloud” (no number). Checked for server response twice during the retry process by accessing the cloud directory containing the backup file using CCLoud Windows client. Access was possible on both occasions though slow (20-30 seconds for initial access).

Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Win7 x64

• Other Backup & Security Software Installed; CIS, Keepass
  • How you produced the problem; ran my standard backup, for settings see below
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; N/A
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); Appended. Also appended screenshot of CIS active connections during retry process.
  • if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them): Appended mini-dump made during retry process, just in case it helps
  • if the issue is a crash, program stops responding or freezes please see this topic: N/A
  • if the issue is an error (not program crash or freeze) please run the dbgInfo.bat in installation folder and post the resulting cbu file. See last backup on appended file: https://server.backup.comodo.com/json/direct/default/DebugInfo_11_08_2012_08_37_45.cbu?key=4d4b0147-d88d-4e9d-8ef9-77aa2e32c4ec
  • Any other Additional Information (for example, any non-default settings used); Backup includes file and folder filters, log is now on APPEND, b/u was encrypted and on max compression. Not yet attempted to replicate on VM, but will do so if asked. [edit: Have now replicated on production system - ie this has happened twice].

[attachment deleted by admin]

Did the folder you restored contained \Windows\System32?
If yes and you still have the backup file, does the restoration process include a file named \Windows\System32\CBU_job_0.bin?

Thanks

No, it wasn’t any system partition folder. It was just a folder in another drive. I deleted the snapshot with CBU but if it is necessary for CBU development I can reproduce the problem.

Please try to reproduce it.
Before you restart for restore please check to see if a file “\Windows\System32\CBU_job_0.bin” exists, if so please post it for analysis.

Thanks

It seems the error was caused by a temporary server side issue. Since the issue happened on Friday, the server logs were overwritten and we can’t say for sure what caused it. If it happens again, please re-post it as it happens so we can check the server logs then.

Thanks

Well, I did my best to reproduce. All was ok, the only buggy result was windows said something like ‘termination of previous session was incorrect’ and offered to make windows restoration. I refused and successfully resumed windows.

Thanks for the feedback.

Please note that I was able to access the data directory via CCloud client twice whilst the failure to reconnect errors were occurring. Of course you may be using different application servers for CB and CCloud client.

Log which includes a separate occurrence of the failure to correct errors is appended - you’ll have to go back a bit in the log to find it. Think it occurred on Sat 11th. But I guess it could be the same server failure if the error lasted several days. Will now do a separate report on the more recent error in that log. Got to 9% this time which is a great improvement!

Will try my best to post while the errors are still occurring, but this is not always practical. Any chance of setting up server logging not to over-write logs, to to take a (shadow?) copy of the logs? (I use CB for this sort of thing! Very handy!)

Log which includes second occurrence is: here.

Best wishes

Mouse

Problem: During CB online backup process, 9% completed on MOnday 9 August, after one successful retry, backup failed because “too much data was lost”. Error number was: 90412 (Internal Error)

-Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Win7 x64

• Screen-shots with the error (if any); Appended.
  • if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them): Appended mini-dumps of Cosservice and CB client made after failure, just in case it helps
  • if the issue is a crash, program stops responding or freezes please see this topic: N/A
  • if the issue is an error (not program crash or freeze) please run the dbgInfo.bat in installation folder and post the resulting cbu file. See last backup on appended file: here.
  • Any other Additional Information (for example, any non-default settings used); Backup includes file and folder filters, log is now on APPEND, b/u was encrypted and on max compression. Not yet attempted to replicate on VM, but will do so if asked.

Problem: Given that CB and CCloud Client are not supposed to interact, the following behavior was unanticipated. CCloud client failed to log on with error 100 on Sunday 12 August, the subject of a forthcoming bug report. With the CCloud logon error dialog still showing I started CB and commenced my standard backup. CCloud, without me touching it, immediately (within a fraction of a second) logged on successfully. CB by contrast failed to backup giving a ‘no logon credentials’ error. On re-trying CB it logged on successfully, with no additional credentials supplied. In other words it looked like CB caused CCloud client to retry it’s login and succeed, and CB failed because CCloud client was logging in

• if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them): N/A
  • if the issue is an error (not program crash or freeze) please run the dbgInfo.bat in installation folder and post the resulting cbu file. See Sunday backups on appended file: here.
  • Any other Additional Information (for example, any non-default settings used); Backup includes file and folder filters, log is now on APPEND, b/u was encrypted and on max compression. Not yet attempted to replicate on VM, but will do so if asked.

Problem: CB declined to logon with error 100 on Sunday morning, however the logins supplied were the normal ones on file and were correct.

• if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them): N/A
  • if the issue is an error (not program crash or freeze) please run the dbgInfo.bat in installation folder and post the resulting cbu file. See Sunday backups on appended file: here.

Problem: After the Online backup which reached 9% had failed, on pressing the re-try button, I hoped that CB would recommence the backup and add to the old online .cbu file. This would be possible if each write was constrained to be transactional (in the commit/rollback sense) and after every transaction left the file in a state that allowed it to be added to. Instead CB deleted the old file and started again from the beginning. Of course it may be that CB is not yet intended to work in this way, in which case this is not a bug as such. On a positive note re-try succeeded this time, whereas it had failed previously on occasions.

• Screen-shots with the error (if any); Appended shows re-tried .cbu file at 325MB (formery observed at 50MB), whereas deleted file would have been around 2GB (9% of 26GB)
  • if the issue is an error (not program crash or freeze) please run the dbgInfo.bat in installation folder and post the resulting cbu file. [Edit: File is here.]

It’s ok if you post the errors as soon as you can, within 24 hours after they happen. We’ll improve server logging in the future.

The errors found in log are 90412 and 177. They will be fixed in next CB & CCloud release.

Thanks

Error 90412 will be fixed in next CB & CCloud release.

Thanks

This bug “Cannot navigate back to backup in progress screen” still occurring, plus on restarting CBU after going through same process as reported in previous bug report, then closing CBU in order to abort backup (so getting abort backup Y/N dialog), got path invalid error (see appended). Possibly due to the fact that closing in order to abort (when paused) instead of pressing abort button left backup file unexpectedly present in Cloud.

OK will do this when I can. Sometimes I just have to take a screenshot & debug info and return to it later if otherwise pressed. But will do my best. Sorry about couple of delayed reports this morning, to clear backlog.

Error 100 means that a request took longer than expected to complete.
The debug info file was created Saturday 11th of August, so it doesn’t contain any info about the errors that occurred Sunday. I need the Sunday debug logs to be certain what caused the errors.

Thanks