COMODO BackUp 2.2.127000.12 BUG REPORTS

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • file system (FAT32/NTFS/…)
  • All log files;
  • does Diagnose in Settings tab says the application is installed correctly?
  • Any other Additional Information;

I get error code 550 when I try to use the online backup I just signed up for.
I get error code 10061 when I try to backup across the network.

Windows Vista Business Servioce Pack 1. F-Protect is the antivirus software, but I get the error codes even with it turned off. I added comodo backup to the list of exceptions on the windoes firewall, but still get the error codes. I set the program to run as an administrator, and still get these error codes. Please help!

• Your Operating System - XP-Home - 32bit
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed; Comodo Backup 1. CIS 3.13
  • How you produced the problem; When Skype is loaded in the notification area and scheduled backup is run, then BU 2.2 freezes computer and hard shutdown is required.
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; Unloading Skype from memory corrects the problem.
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); none
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; none
  • file system (FAT32/NTFS/…) NTFS
  • All log files; none
  • does Diagnose in Settings tab says the application is installed correctly? Yes
  • Any other Additional Information; This also happened on CBU 2.0 On CBU 2.0 the backup did not complete. On CBU 2.2 backup is complete but I do not wish to test the b/u file.

This was on disk partition and mbr backup for C: drive

John

Tested again this morning - ended with error code 29

John

Just installed latest release of COMODO Backup on Windows Server 2008 64-bit. I run the program as Administrator, Backup Source is Disks, Partitions and MBR, I click NEXT:

Get message: “You do not have any hard disk installed.”

I go to Settings tab and click Diagnose/Repair. Problems detected.

Diagnose Report.txt

Checking if restart is needed…
No restart needed… OK!
Verifying your windows version…
Unable to determine your windows version!

Hi

Please post a screen-shot with error codes above.
Then, try to disable firewall.

Thanks

Hi

Thank you for reporting this.
We will investigate the issue.

Thanks

Hello,

I’m not sure I understand the scenario. You had a scheduled backup for C partition and it didn’t work(freezed) “When Skype is loaded in the notification area”? And then when you uninstalled skype the scheduled(or manual?) backup failed with error code 29?

Hi

Please export the following registry keys into .reg files and post them for analysis.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment

Thanks

When Skype is removed from memory CB works fine. When loaded into memory I get error code 29. All are scheduled and run on demand.

John

Hello,

If you can please perform a diagnose operation while skype is running and see if problems appear.

Hi, with synchronised back up scheduled the computer will freeze up and become unresponsive for a couple minutes while CBU.exe starts running the task. My computer will then run quite slow until CBU.exe has finished it job and is no longer running. Computer will then return to normal. CBU.exe will be using about 40% cpu when running task.

AMD Athlon x2 3ghz
Windows 7 home premium 64bit
CIS 3.13 full suite

The operating system is Windows Server 2008 R2.

Selected registry entries:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment]
“FP_NO_HOST_CHECK”=“NO”
“NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS”=“4”
“OS”=“Windows_NT”
“PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE”=“AMD64”
“PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER”=“Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11, GenuineIntel”
“PROCESSOR_LEVEL”=“6”
“PROCESSOR_REVISION”=“0f0b”
“USERNAME”=“SYSTEM”

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]
“CurrentVersion”=“6.1”
“CurrentBuild”=“7600”
“SoftwareType”=“System”
“CurrentType”=“Multiprocessor Free”
“SystemRoot”=“C:\Windows”
“InstallationType”=“Server”
“EditionID”=“ServerStandard”
“ProductName”=“Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard”
“CurrentBuildNumber”=“7600”
“BuildLab”=“7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255”
“BuildLabEx”=“7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255”
“CSDBuildNumber”=“1”
“PathName”=“C:\Windows”

Thanks for your feedback.
We will fix the problem in the next release.

Hi Emanuel Sescu,

I don’t suppose you have an ETA on the next release?

I’m having a very similar problem as tiger3609 but I’m unable to create a schedule task of any kind as well as Comodo not reconising the Hard Drives. If you need more detail let me know. Screen shots should be attached.

Spec:

File System: NTFS
Software: Comodo Backup 2.2.127000.12

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi

We found the issue that is causing this problem.
It will be fixed in the next release.
I’m not sure about the next release date, it could be in a few months.
Meanwhile, you can open regedit “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion” open key value named “ProductName” and set it to “Windows Server (R) 2008” while using Comodo BackUp, then change it back to original value as some programs might need this key value.

Thanks

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
    Windows 7 32bit

• Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
    None

• How you produced the problem;
    Tried so set up a synchronised backup of files and directories in my C drive.
    STEP 1: Selected ‘documents and settings’ ONLY - from the drop down list.
    STEP 2: No filters but changed to Synchronized copy under advanced settings. Left at update every 5 minutes - no option for days?
    STEP 3: Set destination as ‘My Computer’ and identified drive E:/ (separate drive)
    STEP 4: Left as default
    STEP 6: can not change or tick box
    STEP 7: displays details of Collecting info, Starting process, processing C:/ documents and settings, backup process complete. - HOWEVER step 7 happens instantly WITHOUT creating the backup.

• How you tried to resolve the problem;
    Read the instruction manual but that just repeats the process I have completed above

• Screen-shots with the error (if any);
    None

• Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
    None

• file system (FAT32/NTFS/…)
    NTFS

• does Diagnose in Settings tab says the application is installed correctly?
    YES

• Any other Additional Information;

I have having difficulty with the command line interface.

I am using Windows 7 32 bit Task Scheduled and the Command Line to schedule my jobs.

I need more control granularity than what the scheduler in the GUI offers… (I want a log file for example)

I get my job to run successfully, but the application never quits after the job ends.

I am specifying /guiRunMode 5 (and tried all the others), but the application never exits. If I log in with the account that I am scheduling the task as, the GUI is there, and it’s wanting me to push the finish button and close the application. it seems as if the /runGuimode parameter is being ignored. I have tried both numbers and strings /guiRunModeServiceModeRun. No difference… I have tried most all of teh number choices ( 1- 6 ) with no difference in the GUI behavior.

Here is my command string…

“C:\Program Files\comodo\comodo backup\cbu.exe” /backup_operation /type filesandfolders /source “C:\test” /exclusionFilter “.tmp|Pagefile.sys|hiberfil.sys|.dmp” /destinationType 1 /destinationPath “E:\360Comodo\Tuesday\cdrive.cbu” /backupNow /guiRunMode 5 /log “E:\360Comodo\Tuesday\cdrive.log”

Thanks, Jim

On Windows 7 the key should have the value: Windows 7
Some customized versions got other values, no harm in changing them back to original.

Hi

Please enable logging to file in Settings TAB and post the content of the log file.
Do you have any costumized paths like “My documents” folder set in other place than default?

Thanks

Hello,

The /guiRunMode command is valid for scheduled backups only (see /scheduleTask). If you want to perform a backup operation silently use the /silentrun command.