Author Topic: COMODO BackUp 2.1.118414.11 BUG REPORTS  (Read 55737 times)

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
Re: COMODO BackUp 2.1.118414.11 BUG REPORTS
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2009, 02:32:06 PM »
Adding a few more details on transparent screen concerns.

I am running a custom Firefox theme and style.... not sure how that could affect CB.
Windows background is a custom image, with black color, standard Windows fare

Screen resolution on the notebook is 1280x800, more when using an external monitor
DPI is 96, on the notebook

Adapter is an Intel Mobile GMA 4500MHD

I believe that Janez had the same or similar issue on revsion 2.0.108800.9

A 'resolution' on this would be great, pun intended. 

Hi

Does this problem exist with CSC (Comodo System Cleaner v2)?

Thanks
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline neiyold

« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2009, 11:18:29 PM »
Hi, sorry about the delay, I was out of town.  I am not running any other Comodo products. 

Offline SS26

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2009, 01:21:36 PM »
Windows XP Home SP3 x86, Comodo Time Machine, Comodo Backup, Comodo CIS (latest versions on the time of writing),

After CB installed it requests for reboot to complete installation.  After reboot BSoD (attached pic - delete it after viewing, it is large).  No minidump created.

Previously, when Comodo Time Machine was not installed, installation of same version of CB did not cause bsods.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2009, 05:39:43 AM »
Windows XP Home SP3 x86, Comodo Time Machine, Comodo Backup, Comodo CIS (latest versions on the time of writing),

After CB installed it requests for reboot to complete installation.  After reboot BSoD (attached pic - delete it after viewing, it is large).  No minidump created.

Previously, when Comodo Time Machine was not installed, installation of same version of CB did not cause bsods.

Hi

It must be a conflict between CTM and CB.
Did the bsod occurr with 2.1.117500.10 or 2.1.118414.11 ?

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 05:41:18 AM by Emanuel Sescu »
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline AnTwanChi

« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2009, 06:15:03 AM »
- Win 7 Pro - 64 bit
- Comodo Firewall / Defense+, AVG Anti-Virus (latest one)
- Hooking up my iPod and then when iTunes starts to sync, a few minutes in, the system BSOD's. I can also get they system to BSOD if I quit iTunes as it's syncing (be it 2 seconds after it starts or 2 minutes after it starts.
- UNINSTALLED COMODO BACKUP and it all worked perfectly.
- No screen shots (BSOD, remember?) but the offending program was CBUFS.SYS

I'm assuming the problem has to do with Comodo Backup and the iPod file system or Comodo Backup is trying to access the iPod in some unkosher manner. Guess I'll stick to Win 7 Pro's backup feature until you guys can fix this program.

This has also happened to me on an identical system. Instant restart (no BSOD) when either editing a filename on a USB stick or when synching my iPod either through iTunes or jRiver Media Center.

Uninstalling CB fixes the problem.

I'm running Avira antivirus and Malwarebytes anti Malware. As 18Bravo mentioned, there's no dump report, but using bluescreenview the last 2 programs to run were exfat.SYS and CBUFS.sys

Sorry I can't be more helpful.  :)

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2009, 06:30:49 AM »
This has also happened to me on an identical system. Instant restart (no BSOD) when either editing a filename on a USB stick or when synching my iPod either through iTunes or jRiver Media Center.

Uninstalling CB fixes the problem.

I'm running Avira antivirus and Malwarebytes anti Malware. As 18Bravo mentioned, there's no dump report, but using bluescreenview the last 2 programs to run were exfat.SYS and CBUFS.sys

Sorry I can't be more helpful.  :)

Hi

Unfortunately, the instant restart is actually a BSOD.
You can "see" it if you disable automatic restart on system failure in Control Panel.
This issue will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline maffud

« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2009, 10:08:38 AM »
I have been attempting to get a successful backup of my files and settings to complete, and I keep getting a failure with "Error Code 4" reported.
I have tried it several times with brand new backup settings, without ever editing them, and the same thing always happens.  The backup runs for about 15 minutes, then fails with the "Error Code 4" message while it is trying to copy Firefox profile files.

Comodo Backup 2.1.118414.11
Backup is set as a "Files and Directories" backup, and I manually selected the folders I want to be backed up.
Backup destination is Local "E:" drive (which is actually an external hard drive connected via eSATA). Destination drive has over 50 GB of free space. The entire backup should be less than 10 GB.

I really like this program, but this persistent problem is extremely frustrating.

Offline SS26

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2009, 10:20:55 AM »
Did the bsod occurr with 2.1.117500.10 or 2.1.118414.11 ?

Offline viperiii

« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2009, 02:29:20 AM »
Vista 32 Sp1 Ultimate

Started directly on install didn't know why...
2.1.118414.11 - Or whatever was current on Dec 17th in Afternoon...

CBUFS.sys mentioned in minidump and attaching 3 dumps of about 30 when it was trying to backup a missed backup.... every 15-30 mins crash BSOD.

Also using Webroot
Current Average Load System - Nothing special and not great but not crashing before Comodo Backup

BSOD's occur with FAT32 Formatted devices even just deleting or editing / viewing files on those devices when attached causes issues even when comodo not being used.

Dec 17 Mini dump after install
Dec 20 Mini dump during comodo catchup tries - disconnected External Drive BSOD's stopped
Dec 21 mini dump plugged in thumbdrive and tried to run backup of Quickbooks from within quickbooks bsod's until thumb drive is removed.

removed comodo will test tomorrow for crashes...  Attached drive to another machine and shared across network files touched managed no issue.  Wasn't local to machine so uninstalled Comodo installed fbackup... not as clean of interface / file system but doesn't crash or cause BSODs at moment...

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2009, 02:52:26 AM »
Vista 32 Sp1 Ultimate

Started directly on install didn't know why...
2.1.118414.11 - Or whatever was current on Dec 17th in Afternoon...

CBUFS.sys mentioned in minidump and attaching 3 dumps of about 30 when it was trying to backup a missed backup.... every 15-30 mins crash BSOD.

Also using Webroot
Current Average Load System - Nothing special and not great but not crashing before Comodo Backup

BSOD's occur with FAT32 Formatted devices even just deleting or editing / viewing files on those devices when attached causes issues even when comodo not being used.

Dec 17 Mini dump after install
Dec 20 Mini dump during comodo catchup tries - disconnected External Drive BSOD's stopped
Dec 21 mini dump plugged in thumbdrive and tried to run backup of Quickbooks from within quickbooks bsod's until thumb drive is removed.

removed comodo will test tomorrow for crashes...  Attached drive to another machine and shared across network files touched managed no issue.  Wasn't local to machine so uninstalled Comodo installed fbackup... not as clean of interface / file system but doesn't crash or cause BSODs at moment...

Hi

Thank you for the feedback.
The next release will have this problem fixed.
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2009, 03:15:20 AM »
Had same issue. Looking forward to next release!

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 32 bit Windows Vista SP3
Realtime Protection:CIS 6 / CMS

Offline viperiii

« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2009, 05:40:08 PM »
Un-Installed Installed Other Brand...

When Quickbooks fires up and does a backup (from itself) the darn CBUFS.sys file still there...

However not sure if the system had been rebooted yet before another attempt was made... just need to make sure that the CBUFS.sys is un-registered and removed and not going to cause additional BSODs!

Offline keng

« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2009, 01:57:35 AM »
My computer will auto restart itself.

OS Platform: Windows XP Pro SP3
Schedule job to run backup into NAS with password protected, and auto shut down computer after backup job have done!

1) I found that my computer will restart itself without any job done.

2) When edit the scheduled job, the password protection will be removed.

Anyone can help me?

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2009, 02:46:01 AM »
My computer will auto restart itself.

OS Platform: Windows XP Pro SP3
Schedule job to run backup into NAS with password protected, and auto shut down computer after backup job have done!

1) I found that my computer will restart itself without any job done.

2) When edit the scheduled job, the password protection will be removed.

Anyone can help me?

Hi

These issues will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks.
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline deckard6

« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2010, 05:21:04 PM »
Initial Backup worked as expected, schedule on a daily backup.

I.m using Windows 7 x64 Bits Ultimate on a Quad Core Q8200 with 8 Gig Ram, the backup drive is an external USB drive with 120 Gig (the backup requires less than 10 Gig).
Antivirus: Avast
File System: NTFS
Diagnostic:

Following backups failed with the code 2 and 47, and can't backup anymore.

The image include the data in the log.

The image include the data in the log.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek