Author Topic: COMODO BackUp 2.0.108800.9 released!  (Read 41240 times)

Offline donnyd

• Comodo Loves me
Re: COMODO BackUp 2.0.108800.9 released!
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2009, 08:53:11 AM »
There is the ability to do a complete image of a partition or hard disk.

The bootable media will take a bit more time.

Thank you

Will the bootable media also include the use of a usb flash drive?

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2009, 02:18:21 PM »
Will the bootable media also include the use of a usb flash drive?

Yes it will, in a later version
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline donnyd

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2009, 03:32:21 PM »
Yes it will, in a later version
Thanks, that's good to know.....

Offline russman7

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2009, 11:46:02 AM »
So far, I'm not impressed.  CB 1.x is better.  I like the new interface, but there are too many omissions and quirks for this to be useful.  All I want to do is a simple copy backup to an external HD scheduled daily at a specific time.  Here are my 2 cents.  Once you create a backup, you can not go back and edit it.  You have to delete it and create a new backup.  There is not an incremental backup option - it reruns the entire backup.  That might be necessary for a .CBU file, but for a simple copy backup, it is extremely inefficient.  Also, I set up 3 scheduled back up jobs - the first with a password.  I walked away from the PC for a few hours and when I came back, CB was asking for the PW for the first job.  That blocked the other backups from running at the scheduled time.  It would be nice if each backup ran in a separate thread.

CB 2.0 is nice looking and easy to use, but I think it is too simple - it just doesn't have all the necessary features to be of any real use.

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2009, 04:42:59 PM »
So far, I'm not impressed.  CB 1.x is better.  I like the new interface, but there are too many omissions and quirks for this to be useful.  All I want to do is a simple copy backup to an external HD scheduled daily at a specific time.  Here are my 2 cents.  Once you create a backup, you can not go back and edit it.  You have to delete it and create a new backup.  There is not an incremental backup option - it reruns the entire backup.  That might be necessary for a .CBU file, but for a simple copy backup, it is extremely inefficient.  Also, I set up 3 scheduled back up jobs - the first with a password.  I walked away from the PC for a few hours and when I came back, CB was asking for the PW for the first job.  That blocked the other backups from running at the scheduled time.  It would be nice if each backup ran in a separate thread.

CB 2.0 is nice looking and easy to use, but I think it is too simple - it just doesn't have all the necessary features to be of any real use.

Hey russman7,

Incremental backups and full editing of scheduled jobs will be introduced into a (hopefully) near release.

Good point about the password protected backup blocking subsequent jobs. Wouldn't it better if it only asked for the password on restore and not on create?

Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2009, 04:48:30 AM »
Hey russman7,

Incremental backups and full editing of scheduled jobs will be introduced into a (hopefully) near release.

Good point about the password protected backup blocking subsequent jobs. Wouldn't it better if it only asked for the password on restore and not on create?

Ewen :-)

Hi

Actually it can do that, if you check "Remember backup password" and "Remember connection informations" checkboxes in backup step 5
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2009, 06:11:02 AM »
Hi

Actually it can do that, if you check "Remember backup password" and "Remember connection informations" checkboxes in backup step 5

TY!!  :-TU
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline ret74

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2009, 04:22:00 AM »
hello,
escuse my poor english (French)

Actually with cb1 you can save network folder (ex \\serv01\appli\toto\*.*)
or z:\toto (z is map disk)

impossible with cb2 ? don't see map disk or network on the backup ! ?

Very important for me because i have a server NAS, and with cb1 all night a lot of schedule backup run to find and copy with revision all my over server and some "important" computer. (only files)

It's the best software i have found schedule stable, mail, very fast... the best

if it's impossible with cb2... no cb2 for me

and when i have a new schedule, i make a backup of the "comodo registry" so very easy for me to uninstall cb1 and install on a another NAS

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2009, 08:18:50 AM »
hello,
escuse my poor english (French)

Actually with cb1 you can save network folder (ex \\serv01\appli\toto\*.*)
or z:\toto (z is map disk)

impossible with cb2 ? don't see map disk or network on the backup ! ?

Very important for me because i have a server NAS, and with cb1 all night a lot of schedule backup run to find and copy with revision all my over server and some "important" computer. (only files)

It's the best software i have found schedule stable, mail, very fast... the best

if it's impossible with cb2... no cb2 for me

and when i have a new schedule, i make a backup of the "comodo registry" so very easy for me to uninstall cb1 and install on a another NAS

Thank you for the hint.
We will add this feature in a near release.
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline neiyold

When can we expect the next release?
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2009, 06:41:03 PM »
Is there a timeframe that we can expect for the next release?  I have currently resorted to version 1.x.  A rough time line would be appreciated so I can plan out an upgrade schedule.

Thanks

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek