Author Topic: Comodo Agrees to pay $50,000 to AV-Comparatives.org.....  (Read 129977 times)

Offline lordraiden

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Alarmed by PCMAG Review [Merged]
« Reply #345 on: February 05, 2012, 09:49:16 AM »
Then since it's related post there asking your questions.

That won't fix anynthing, he has written too much post related with the other issue here none of them dedicated to what I answer so it will be the same if I post them in the other thread, is not a problem of where is located the post, is a problem of actitude.

Offline kail

• Mostly Benevolent
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
« Reply #346 on: February 05, 2012, 09:59:31 AM »
That won't fix anynthing, he has written too much post related with the other issue here none of them dedicated to what I answer so it will be the same if I post them in the other thread, is not a problem of where is located the post, is a problem of actitude.
Attitude? Anyway, (a) it doesn't matter, your objections are not valid since you're dealing with the same person anyway (!) and (b), it is a problem, since posting in here is considered topic pollution or hijacking. But, you surely you must know this by now.. which is certainly making me wonder about your objectives here.
My System Details: W8Px64 with CIS 6, Firefox 26 & Becky! 2.65
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline lordraiden

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #347 on: February 05, 2012, 10:03:25 AM »
Attitude? Anyway, (a) it doesn't matter, your objections are not valid since you're dealing with the same person anyway (!) and (b), it is a problem, since posting in here is considered topic pollution or hijacking. But, you surely you must know this by now.. which is certainly making me wonder about your objectives here.

Then move the posts to the other one and give a warning to both, it was not my intention to hijacking a anything, we could simply have ended the discussion in 2 posts , but Melih didn't want to answer any questions and he just kept repeating the same post again and again.

So funny are you telling me that if I post the same questions in the other thread he will answer... xD

Offline kail

• Mostly Benevolent
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #348 on: February 05, 2012, 10:09:37 AM »
Then move the posts to the other one and give a warning to both, it was not my intention to hijacking a anything, we could simply have ended the discussion in 2 posts , but Melih didn't what to answer any questions and just kept repeating the same post again and again.
Then I will move this whole off-topic discussion.

So funny are you telling me that if I post the same questions in the other thread he will answer... xD
Agreed it's funny. Your determined and continue disregard for the forums rules is mildly comical, it's certainly not helping your creditability any. If you continued to post here, despite my best efforts to dissuade you from doing so, it would merely result in your banning. Funny. :-\
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline kail

• Mostly Benevolent
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Agrees to pay $50,000 to AV-Comparatives.org.....
« Reply #349 on: February 05, 2012, 10:11:34 AM »
Moderator note: Merged Topic.
Forum Policy.
____

Offline languy99

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #350 on: February 05, 2012, 10:34:09 AM »
I'm jumping in here seeing as I am not part of the conversation. I am only giving you one warning Lordraiden, if you insult anyone for any reason I will take action. Stop being confrontational, insulting and watch what your type. I don't give any leeway, period.
http://www.youtube.com/languy99

Software Reviews for all.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/languy99

Offline kail

• Mostly Benevolent
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #351 on: February 05, 2012, 12:49:31 PM »
^^ Result in the users banning for asking questions? Questions that were not directly answerd, nothing short of a joke on both Comodo, it's ceo and the moderators of this forum. ..
No, this is not the case. Please read the posts and not make inflammatory posts. I'd also appreciate if you were less confrontational and rude yourself. Please refer to the Forum Policy, you agreed to abide by it on registration. Thanks.
Forum Policy.
____

Offline foxman

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #352 on: February 05, 2012, 12:50:33 PM »
I have been using comodo since ...version 2.0? and am a big fan of the product. I have reading the forums for as long as I can remember.  Sad to noticed that many supporters here are indeed getting fanatical about the product rather than being factual...   :(

Offline kail

• Mostly Benevolent
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #353 on: February 05, 2012, 12:54:48 PM »
 !ot!
Please stay on topic guys. Thanks.

PS diesel779, I considered your second post in topic in violation of the forums policy (which you'd better read sooner, rather than later) and I moved it here.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 12:58:10 PM by kail »
Forum Policy.
____

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #354 on: February 05, 2012, 01:03:46 PM »

Regardless of any response I may recieve, feel free to delete my account for me and as an Tech youcan rest assured I'll do anything with in my power to steer as many people away from comodo as posible.
Trembling with fear now..... ;) We don't ban lightly for bad behaviour. In fact this cannot be done by one moderator only it is a decision that can only be made by agreement of multiple mods.

Meliah, from what I've seen over the last year is nothing but a liar and deceiver, who prefers to attack the person rather than face the problems with his own product. Yes comodo is great, but theres room for lots more improovement and clearly a few courses in both customer service and behaving like an adult for meliah.
Of course you dont give leway, your nothing but a glorified fan boy and the whole net know it! As I said please remove my account I'm done with the lying deceptive comodo aka meliah
Please stop this type of inflammatory and rude comments. They are in violation of the Forum Policy.

Comodo Forums are an open place where a lot of conversation about a broad spectrum of topics is allowed. However we are not fond of all sorts of rude behaviour.
Then move the posts to the other one and give a warning to both, it was not my intention to hijacking a anything, we could simply have ended the discussion in 2 posts , but Melih didn't want to answer any questions and he just kept repeating the same post again and again.

In short, lordraiden is not getting the answers he wants from Melih.

Offline kail

• Mostly Benevolent
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #355 on: February 05, 2012, 01:04:05 PM »
diesel779, your third post was also considered to be in violation of the forums policy and moved here. Any further such posts shall be regarded less kindly.

edit: typo
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 01:14:41 PM by kail »
Forum Policy.
____

Offline kail

• Mostly Benevolent
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #356 on: February 05, 2012, 02:00:30 PM »
:D diesel779, this is some real poor quality trolling you're doing here. You're now post-banned whilst the Mods consider what action to take (if any).

edit: Post removed pending further investigation.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 02:03:48 PM by kail »
Forum Policy.
____

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #357 on: February 05, 2012, 02:38:32 PM »
-AV-Comparatives.org gets money from AV-Vendors for their tests, how much from each vendor, we don't know.

-AV-Comparatives.org is NOT certified (other wellknown testing organisations like ICSA are certified by ISO).

-AV-Comparatives.org is NOT audited

-AV-Comparatives.org test results are NOT validated by anyone.

-AV-Comparatives.org tries to muzzle AntiVirus vendors by bullying them (see my blog for proof)

-AV-Comparatives.org tries to make the users think they are independent and do not provide transparency about  their financial relationship with Antivirus companies.

Offline Valentin N

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Usability Study Group
    • My homepage at the moment
« Reply #358 on: February 05, 2012, 03:02:13 PM »
-AV-Comparatives.org gets money from AV-Vendors for their tests, how much from each vendor, we don't know.

-AV-Comparatives.org is NOT certified (other wellknown testing organisations like ICSA are certified by ISO).

-AV-Comparatives.org is NOT audited

-AV-Comparatives.org test results are NOT validated by anyone.

-AV-Comparatives.org tries to muzzle AntiVirus vendors by bullying them (see my blog for proof)

-AV-Comparatives.org tries to make the users think they are independent and do not provide transparency about  their financial relationship with Antivirus companies.

Good summary. Not to go offtopic but how is AV-test for instance? are they fulfilling the requestments of being independent?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 03:22:40 PM by Valentin N »

CEVPN: Valentin N

CIS 6.3

Keep CTM alive by voting

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #359 on: February 05, 2012, 03:08:19 PM »
Good summary. No to go offtopic but how is AV-test for instance? are they fulfilling the requestments of being independent?

we find working with AV-test to be a professional experience so far. I can see us using them again in future. We find working with ICSA (ISO certified) and VB100 also a very professional experience and looking forward to continuing to work with them.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek