Author Topic: Symantec says you should pay for your security! and I say....  (Read 187074 times)

Offline FabioTrentino

• No more viruses !
    • www.comodo.com
Re: Symantec says you should pay for your security! and I say....
« Reply #390 on: December 22, 2012, 07:00:55 PM »
Symantec finds himself the owner of the business antivirus, even if they were good ... at least have released some free product. And on top, a cart leaves the computer.
On the other hand, never forsake the Comodo antivirus my favorite and always will be, he seje paid or free. ;)

Offline Saul Luizaga

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo Loves me
« Reply #391 on: January 16, 2013, 09:52:39 AM »
I'll be honest and direct:

I live in Bolivia as you might know and this is a third world country that lacks many industries and so the local currency is far below the dollar/euro/pound so people pirate most of the software, and here home users want a free security that updates itself FOREVER, I also believe that you have to pay for your stuff but also you must give something back to the World Community, yes, the Worldwide Community, one of the the best ways to help ourselves is make sure we help our proxy within our capacity, of course, so I participate in the 'World Community Grid' hosted by IBM and they think altruism is a good business in the end with my computer and lend a hand to people around me when possible and if COMODO wants to give something back to the World with the CIS I think is OK, and they should continue, I use Avast! FREE for the same reasons.

Of course I'll encourage to pay for something if you can afford it and is not free, but I'll never ever pay for a Microsoft product if I can help it, they don't deserve it, they make prisoners work for them for free and children in third world countries and they charge high prices, making billions and giving only crappy things for free, Visio (now part of M$ Office) was a free tool now they sell if because they bought the company/rights, etc.

Offline andrei1997

• Comodo's Hero
  • Happy Veterans Day
« Reply #392 on: January 16, 2013, 05:27:04 PM »
But at the end of the day it still is the question of: Should we believe Symantec and pay $70 $80 for an AntiVirus product that will allow infection for malware it cannot recognize or use Comodo for free and enjoy security?

sorry for a late response. but Symantec has SONAR which is a Behavior Blocker. It is limited but it's something.

Offline Dch48

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #393 on: January 16, 2013, 09:44:32 PM »
Symantec/Norton is a very effective security suite IF you are willing to pay for it. I used it for 10 years and never had a problem.  Nobody can deny the contributions that company has made and continues to make in the security arena.

Sonar is effective as far as it goes. I don't think it has any sandboxing abilities yet though.
AMD FX-6300 6 core CPU
Sapphire R9-270X GPU
Windows 8.1 64 bit, IE11 & Outlook 2007
Comodo Internet Security 7.0 full package, MBAM on Demand

Offline clockwork

• Comodo's Hero
  • Oxygen requires Chuck Norris to live
« Reply #394 on: January 17, 2013, 04:30:22 AM »
Symantec/Norton is a very effective security suite IF you are willing to pay for it. I used it for 10 years and never had a problem.  Nobody can deny the contributions that company has made and continues to make in the security arena.

Sonar is effective as far as it goes. I don't think it has any sandboxing abilities yet though.

I dont need all of these.
Gimme a simple effective firewall, a simple host intrusion protection and an antivirus.
Ok, a real sandbox too.
Everything else is just marketing.

I did not use it for 10 years and never had a problem ;)
"If there is a problem, it`s something interesting. Try to circumvent or fix it.
In the old ages there was no support. That`s why we got the brain we have today.
Otherwise we would only be able to call a number and listen."

Offline Dch48

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #395 on: January 17, 2013, 04:57:38 PM »
I dont need all of these.
Gimme a simple effective firewall, a simple host intrusion protection and an antivirus.
Ok, a real sandbox too.
Everything else is just marketing.

I did not use it for 10 years and never had a problem ;)
Symantec has always made their products very silent and therefore suited for the masses. Comodo has finally done the same thing with v6 in it's default configuration. One of my first thoughts after installing the new CIS was "Wow, this is like being back with NIS but for free " and for me, that's a good thing.

The other major selling point is the Kiosk, which is like Avast's Safe Zone which was the only reason I had been paying for AIS for for the last year. Other than when in the Kiosk or Safe Zone, I never sandbox anything including my browser. I use the Kiosk only for shopping and banking where I want the added security.
AMD FX-6300 6 core CPU
Sapphire R9-270X GPU
Windows 8.1 64 bit, IE11 & Outlook 2007
Comodo Internet Security 7.0 full package, MBAM on Demand

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek