Author Topic: Anti Virus companies are protecting Criminals - not anymore thanks to DACS!  (Read 115906 times)

Offline elliotcroft

• Presto User
  • Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I draw strength from my HIPS.
Re: Anti Virus companies are protecting Criminals - not anymore thanks to DACS!
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2011, 11:33:44 AM »
When is the CIS with DACS coming out, Melih? I would love to see the whole antivirus industry working together to combat threats in real time.
Though I don't like the sound of AVG being an included engine, they have really out of control false positives and low detection rate.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 12:55:05 PM by elliotcroft »

Offline SiberLynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2011, 03:16:57 AM »
When is the CIS with DACS coming out, Melih? I would love to see the whole antivirus industry working together to combat threats in real time.
Though I don't like the sound of AVG being an included engine, they have really out of control false positives and low detection rate.
Hi elliotcroft,

1st, I hope you would carry some research a bit about DACS and other AV's (AVG included).

Please do not pay attention to my opinion that I expressed straight the same day  the "big secret of DACSide of ..." was  revealed

In brief:  "will not work;  cannot work by definition!; will not increase  poor detection rate of Comodo's  AV by any means. The same apply to any AV as a matter of fact

Please read other "reviews" & opinions.

Keep in mind that in this context I do not touch any privacy and legal issues (important!).
At this point I mean only the essence of scanning by many engines - that is hopeless and can never give any certainty or something even close to that
Needless to say, that that is impossible to improve the detection rate of this or that AV, having any number of the results by many others .... It's just a fairy tail.
88) No , the latter at least has a positive outcome in order to teach kids about "good & bad" or an existence of a constant fight against evil forces...  

==============
Then, what about AVG actually? Are you using it? I do
Well, it's still is amongst 3-4 best by the detection rate  and it does not have many FPs. Running AVG for many years on many client PCs.

On my own PC I've got 3 FPs for 4 years. The issues was resolved in a matter of hours after reporting. And currently I do have ~900 installations of different Software
+ shhh!  (do not tell anybody, please  ;))  tested many cracked Software packages here on my PC ... no Virtualization  / no SandBoxie ... Just ignored those stupid deliberate fake detection by few AVs

At the same time, have a look at FP threads(s) and daily requests here in this forum.
Isn't that amusing? Can you compare that ridiculous amount with what AVG can produce? Sure not!

My regards
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 03:25:08 AM by SiberLynx »
Main OS - Ubuntu
XP Pro, SP3 (32bit), Admin; Comodo Firewall 3.14.130099.587; Proactive with Defense+; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 x64, Admin (UAC off); Win7 advanced FW +TinyWall; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 Ultimate 32bit (UAC off); Emsisoft Internet Security v9 beta

Offline Valentin N

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Usability Study Group
    • My homepage at the moment
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2011, 06:38:48 AM »
May I ask why you are so against CAV? CAV has extremely good detection rate for only beginning om CIS for usability purpose, don't you think?

FP's are far better than have FN. That's my opinion.

I am curious to know.

Take care and have a nice Siber :)

Regards,
            Valentin N

CEVPN: Valentin N

CIS 6.3

Keep CTM alive by voting

Offline AyeAyeCaptain

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2011, 07:06:59 AM »
Cannot wait for this to be included in CIS, a really good idea.... Comodo is the leader in new ideas!!
Film Scum Remake
Comodo: Where is your Tool
User: What Tool?
Comodo: This f****** Tool.
Protect Yourself With Comodo...... lol

Offline cis.fan

• Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo's Hero Eternal forever
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2011, 08:33:00 AM »
Well , it is good to hear that Comodo in a innovative company. This is for sure , no doubt about it.  :-La
But new solutions require patience and long tests , hasten is not advisable. Greetings.
War against malware.
War against cyber crime.

Offline elliotcroft

• Presto User
  • Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2011, 10:47:35 AM »
[at]SiberLynx Comodo's antivirus happens to be very good, do you have it? I do. (Well, it's the cloud scanner, but it's just a cloud version of the antivirus)
For what you said about AVG, please have a look at this thread and this youtube video.
I have had 0 false positives in the time that I have had comodo (both the antivirus and the cloud scanner) so far.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2011, 03:54:59 PM »
At this point I mean only the essence of scanning by many engines - that is hopeless and can never give any certainty or something even close to that
Then, what about AVG actually? Are you using it? I do
Well, it's still is amongst 3-4 best by the detection rate  and it does not have many FPs. Running AVG for many years on many client PCs.
If scanning by many scanners is hopeless something close to that? Then why do you use a single one? That doesn't make logical sense.

What doesn't make logical sense is that elliotcroft never stated in this topic that he thinks DACS will bring certainty or anything close to that. Please don't put words in people's mouth.

Offline SiberLynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2011, 11:05:28 PM »
If scanning by many scanners is hopeless something close to that? Then why do you use a single one? That doesn't make logical sense.
??? Please re-read your sentence because that one does not have any logic whatsoever
... woW!  :o

As for multi-AV scanners or on-demand scanners I have here:
I do use them. I do have many on-demand scanners ... just name them - they are here
I do Use VT & its latest additions
I do use NoVirusPlease & its services
I do use Jotti and recently released JottiQ and even helped the developer to pin-point a bug reklated to .NET Framework v4 Now it is working fine.
I do use AVG  purposely on my XP but I do have EAM - the best of the best again purpusly the free addition, but! having  Mamutu BB at the same time ...Ha!

On win 7 x64 I do have full EAM and Avira as on-demand. Few on-demand scanners installed as well on several client computers

The latest Avast is in place as well

The use of multi-AV does give you some picture about what's going on. I never denied that . That is you personally how's constantly pouring a load of crap over any post of mine... Continue! I cannot care less  :D

Well, back to business...  but ... when using multi-AV in any shape you have to be very careful and recheck several or many times

At the end of the day there is nothing more reliable than the AV chosen!  That was my bloody freaking point! Do you understand?
Only that particular AV (rather its developers) can give you an answer ... whether it's right or wrong flagging.

The use of multiple AV cannot possibly add anything positive to the detection rate of any given AV ...any ! CAV included

I do not see anything wrong by doing this and I do not have any personal issues with elliotcroft regarding the matter

What doesn't make logical sense is that elliotcroft never stated in this topic that he thinks DACS will bring certainty or anything close to that. Please don't put words in people's mouth.
a side note: "Doesn't" was used second time by you (see your previous line), which is an addition to a complete irrelevance of you post.

I know, that was "probably" an honest mistake, but it was done out of an extreme anger. That happens, when people have an attitude similar to yours

There is a good  Russian saying.  I will try to translate it:

"If you cannot s*h*i*t at the moment - do not torment your ass"

Now,..  coming back from the ass to the mouth - I did not put  words into anyone's mouth!

==============

Sorry guys.
I know that I have to answer some Q asked by Valentin , elliotcroft ; cis.fan,  but that's all time I have now
Forgive me ... I gotta run ... Next time  ;)

That was just a lil addition to this one

Cheers!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 03:40:44 PM by SiberLynx »
Main OS - Ubuntu
XP Pro, SP3 (32bit), Admin; Comodo Firewall 3.14.130099.587; Proactive with Defense+; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 x64, Admin (UAC off); Win7 advanced FW +TinyWall; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie

Offline cis.fan

• Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo's Hero Eternal forever
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2011, 06:07:34 AM »
[at] Siber : If that was just a addition what will be when You will write full statement?  :D
Finally I begin to understand Your opinions , I agree with You sometimes and I even begin to like Yours special sense of humor.  :o
P.S. Maybe this is a little bit  !ot!
War against malware.
War against cyber crime.

Offline elliotcroft

• Presto User
  • Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2011, 06:11:33 AM »
I am glad that things seem to be sorted now, however I think that these kinds of posts are becoming rather off topic, and that any addition to this discussion should be dealt with in the form of PMs.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2011, 12:22:25 PM »
I do not see anything wrong by doing this and I do not have any personal issues with elliotcroft regarding the matter
I did not say such thing.
a side note: "Doesn't" was used second time by you (see your previous line), which is an addition to a complete irrelevance of you post.

I know, that was "probably" an honest mistake, but it was done out of an extreme anger. That happens, when people have an attitude similar to yours
I simply forgot the word also; it should have said "what also doesn't make logical sense". Not convinced that extreme anger is the only possible explanation for this mistake. Attitude? I admit to being the worst forum nazi ever..... ;) !ot!

Now,..  coming back from the ass to the mouth - I did not put  words into anyone's mouth!
You did by implication. You talked to him as if he had talked about the added detection DACS could bring. Instead he said " I would love to see the whole antivirus industry working together to combat threats in real time.". That's a different topic.

Offline pazsion

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2011, 05:47:15 AM »
 ???

you mean i don't have to spend $1200+ on a wifiethernetswitch thingy mabober / laptop with a desktop board smashed into it? And then learn tons of code to counter anything the software i get to put in it..to exclusively scan traffic.. for home use..

oh wait you mean software =c

wait this is p2p...someone's gotta have old school and new school hardware scanning? oh goody my dream machine may still be possible and worth it.. heck i could contribute one day xD

Offline SiberLynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2011, 06:34:32 AM »
Hi pazsion ,

The only question I have at the moment re: your post in this particular thread is

Huh?  :o
Main OS - Ubuntu

Offline Valentin N

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Usability Study Group
    • My homepage at the moment
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2011, 07:26:07 AM »
???

you mean i don't have to spend $1200+ on a wifiethernetswitch thingy mabober / laptop with a desktop board smashed into it? And then learn tons of code to counter anything the software i get to put in it..to exclusively scan traffic.. for home use..

oh wait you mean software =c

wait this is p2p...someone's gotta have old school and new school hardware scanning? oh goody my dream machine may still be possible and worth it.. heck i could contribute one day xD

I don't see how this post belongs to the topic. It's surely interesting but within its own thread :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 07:36:52 AM by Valentin N »

CEVPN: Valentin N

CIS 6.3

Keep CTM alive by voting

Offline SiberLynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2011, 09:47:41 PM »
I don't see how this post belongs to the topic.
indeed ... as above ...or below :)

It's surely interesting but within its own thread...

Before that interesting thread is created can you please clarify why "wifie"   :D hehehe! Oh boy!  was involved ...

I know what "mabober" means. So, what kinda mabober that woman did with mabober ? ...
Was she nasty when using Wi-Fi inappropriately ?

Oh!  I see she did  nothing wrong - it's wifi {ethernet} {switch} not a "wifie" 88)

Hi pazsion ,
The only question I have at the moment re: your post in this particular thread is Huh?  :o

Relax. Cheers!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 10:03:29 PM by SiberLynx »
Main OS - Ubuntu

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek