Author Topic: I can't update comodo: stuck in copying framework.dll  (Read 3143 times)

Offline Janne36

I can't update comodo: stuck in copying framework.dll
« on: June 25, 2010, 06:11:54 AM »
I have had this problem for a quite while now and I don't really know what to do for it.

My Comodo version is 4.1.1 and OS is Windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

EDIT: Strange, I did some research and according to release notes it seems like I actually have the latest version of comodo (4.1.150349.920). I think just disabling auto update for a moment.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 07:00:28 AM by Janne36 »

Offline Mors Victrix

• Comodo Member
Re: I can't update comodo: stuck in copying framework.dll
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 09:27:21 AM »

Probably like it is said in the stcky, the official pages are usually several days behind with both providing the latest version and release notes. As for your update problem, I don't know. I have comodo 4.1.150349.921 and when i press 'check for updates' it says I have the latest version...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 09:34:33 AM by Mors Victrix »
What do you know and how do you know it?

Offline Heaby

Re: I can't update comodo: stuck in copying framework.dll
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 11:58:50 PM »
I too have been stuck on copying framework.dll for a long time but I'm gonna take a guess as to what the solution might be.

First, even if you cancel the update when you get that message, your version in about says 920.

Recently, I uninstalled microsoft visual c++ redistributable because I had some notion that I didn't need it. Of course some programs started behaving weird, some wouldn't even start.

First, I thought net framework, in my case 2.0, was damaged so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. If you don't know, visual c++ 2008 installs with net framework 2.0, atleast to my knowledge so after the reinstall everything was fine and dandy.

Then I figured, why not update visual c++ to the 2010 version? Did that and then out of nowhere comodo said updates were available, I clicked ok and it updated without a hitch!

I think visual c++ is the key but it's just a guess, nothing scientifically proven :)

If you don't have it, download it from microsofts download center and try the updater again.

Hopefully it'll work!

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek