Author Topic: Comodo Firewall Installer not working with Windows 8.1 (compatibility problem)  (Read 13217 times)

Offline Wandrer

At this time the latest comodo firewall from the comodo.com (version 6.2) can't be installed under Windows 8.1 RTM (TechNet), because Windows 8.1 says there are compatibility issues.

Compatibility Mode does not do the trick, nether with Windows 8 nor Windows 7.
This is even more strange, because version 6.2 works with Windows 7.

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Professional SP1 to Windows 8 Professional to Windows 8.1 Professional.

Offline Chiron

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
At the moment the most recent version of CIS (6.2) does not support Windows 8.1. However, I expect this support to be added soon, perhaps in the next release, which shouldn't be too far away.

For now then I will move this post to a section of the forum where you may receive some advice which may help you to get CIS working on Windows 8.1. I seem to remember that there is a workaround, but cannot remember what it is.

Thank you.

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Mrreow~
At the moment the most recent version of CIS (6.2) does not support Windows 8.1. However, I expect this support to be added soon, perhaps in the next release, which shouldn't be too far away.

For now then I will move this post to a section of the forum where you may receive some advice which may help you to get CIS working on Windows 8.1. I seem to remember that there is a workaround, but cannot remember what it is.

Thank you.
There was a regedit 'hack' for maxfilters or something like that, however it only worked for Windows 8.1 preview, not Windows 8.1 RTM, however there is one report here on the forum that the unofficial beta, which got its link removed, did in fact work on Windows 8.1 RTM however I do not use Windows 8.1 RTM so I can not confirm. If the unofficial beta does indeed work on Windows 8.1 RTM then I'd assume the next stable release will work on Windows 8.1 RTM.
Even though the unofficial beta might work, it is still rather unstable from my testing with it, I had to revert to an earlier image due to some issues with it.

Offline Sartre

• Comodo Family Member
You can install 6.2 by renaming the installer (once installed you have to rename the application files and make symbolic links with the original names). The best option is to get the 6.3 beta which works mostly fine.

Offline Dennis2

• Awaiting Admin Approval Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Please note Version 6.3 is a ALPHA not beta, and as such can cause serious problems.
Moderator: Aims Forum a friendly place. Any concerns? Please PM me and/or review the Forum Policy 2012Updated.
System:Windows 7 SP1(UAC)x32,LUA, CIS7.0.4132Upgrade,Sandboxie4.08
Vista Home P.(UAC)x32 SP2, LUA, CIS.7.0.4132

Offline hawkhater84

Just wanted to let everyone know,  I downloaded the official release of windows 8.1 this morning and the firewall still doesn't work, even with the registry hack.  Save everyone a little time from trying.  Hopefully there will be an update sometime soon.  I will patiently look forward to it  ;D

Offline Chiron

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Just wanted to let everyone know,  I downloaded the official release of windows 8.1 this morning and the firewall still doesn't work, even with the registry hack.  Save everyone a little time from trying.  Hopefully there will be an update sometime soon.  I will patiently look forward to it  ;D
Please try reinstalling by following the advice I give in this topic and see if that helps.

Offline Mad Clown

• Comodo Member

Comodo isn't working right for me either after installing Windows 8.1. I have no idea why, but after I rebooted my computer, Comodo said I installed 'Internet Security Premium', which I didn't. Looks like it erased all my previous settings also or at least can't load them correctly. Comodo was running fine until I installed Windows 8.1. Not sure if I should reinstall Comodo or wait for a possible fix.

Offline Chiron

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Please try reinstalling by following the methods I suggest in this post.

Offline hawkhater84

Hi Chiron,

Thanks for the response.  I tried everything in your thread but didn't have any luck getting the firewall to work.  I'll go through it again but it looks like I might just have to wait until an update comes out.

Offline Bolt1955

Comodo free firewall didn't work for me after I upgraded to Windows 8.1 on Thursday (shortly after the update became available).  I reinstalled Comodo 6.3, but it blocked my wi-fi internet connection -- I couldn't communicate with the router's IP address (for instance, by entering it in the URL field of my browser).  I tried what I could think of, but then uninstalled Comodo (including deep search for registry and other remnants), and installed another free firewall at least temporarily.

Has anyone else encountered a problem with Comodo blocking wireless internet connectivity?

Offline Chiron

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
The problem will likely be solved if you reinstall by following the methods I suggest in this post. Also, run the removal tool in Safe Mode.

Offline bv4pr

The problem will likely be solved if you reinstall by following the methods I suggest in this post. Also, run the removal tool in Safe Mode.

I have removed and cleaned and reinstalled the CIS 6.3 several times. But Firewall still does not work. Again. Again....

Offline Chiron

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
I have removed and cleaned and reinstalled the CIS 6.3 several times. But Firewall still does not work. Again. Again....
For each of those times did you run the Removal Tool in Safe Mode? If not then please try that and see if it helps.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek