There are a number of ways to disable this service and port, either by making changes to some registry keys, or by using one of the many utilities available:
The manual way:
1. Run "Dcomcnfg.exe" from the Start menu "Run." item.
2. Select the following: Component Services -> Computers -> My Computer
3. Right Click and select the Properties menu item
4. Select the Default Properties tab
Uncheck "Enable Distributed COM on this computer" option.
5. Select the Default Protocols tab
Remove "Connection-oriented TCP/IP" from the list of DCOM protocols.
It is also possible do the same directly by editing the registry.
1. Run "regedt32.exe" from the Start menu "Run." item.
2. Select the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Ole"
Set the value "EnableDCOM" to "N".
3. Select the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc"
Edit the value "DCOM Protocols". This may contain a number of strings.
Delete the string "ncacn_ip_tcp"
The utility way:
Download either of the following:
Seaconfig XP : Download
Security and Privacy Complete : Downloads