Author Topic: conflicts with age of empires 3  (Read 12363 times)

Offline d2003

conflicts with age of empires 3
« on: June 13, 2008, 02:21:39 AM »
It seems the firewall has some problem with age of empires 3.

When I using the firewall , it will block me to find the game rooms on LAN or by typing IP address even through I set the application to trust application ,and I also tried to set the firewall mode to disabled ,it also not work.

I tried to uninstall the firewall then I can find the game room again.

It seems the firewall block the UDP packet received from other host because when using the firewall I see the network usage in the firewall, port 2299 either UDP in /UDP out, one of it must be 0 bytes usage.

Does anyone know how to solve the problem? Or is it a bug of the firewall that wrongly blocked the UDP packet?
I am using Win XP Pro SP3 and the firewall version is 3.0.25.378.
Thanks.

Offline d2003

Re: conflicts with age of empires 3
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 03:35:36 AM »
Bump

Offline JJasper

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 10:03:31 AM »
Hi d2003

Welcome to the Comodo forums

Have you tried all the suggestions in this thread.  Post back and let us know.

John

Offline d2003

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 11:05:35 AM »
I disabled defense+ when I install Comodo Firewall and I also tried training mode or disable the firewall but it doesn't work, I also tried to right click and exit the firewall ,however after I uninstall the firewall the aoe3 woks again.
So I wonder Comodo firewall "disabled mode" is it really disable all the protection.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 11:07:31 AM by d2003 »

WaterWall

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 11:07:28 AM »
I disabled defense+ when I install Comodo Firewall and I also tried training mode or disable the firewall but it doesn't work, however after I uninstall the firewall the aoe3 woks again.
So I wonder Comodo firewall "disabled mode" is it really disable all the protection.

You are right. When you disable or even Exit the firewall - a process cmdagent is still running and it can be a cause of the blocking  :(

Offline d2003

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 11:14:40 AM »
You are right. When you disable or even Exit the firewall - a process cmdagent is still running and it can be a cause of the blocking  :(
But is there any way to let me play the game without uninstall the firewall?
I can play other games but not aoe3 and I already trust that application.
Thanks.

WaterWall

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 11:18:37 AM »
But your problem is strange  88) I have Comodo's CFP 3 and play AOE 3 and it's extension without any problems  :) I just use the Vettetech mode  ;D (Set the firewall to training mode before launching the game). But you already tried that, so it's odd that it didn't worked  :(

Try deleting the rules for AOE 3, set the Firewall and Defense + to Training mode and launch the game again  :)

Offline d2003

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 12:11:16 PM »
But your problem is strange  88) I have Comodo's CFP 3 and play AOE 3 and it's extension without any problems  :) I just use the Vettetech mode  ;D (Set the firewall to training mode before launching the game). But you already tried that, so it's odd that it didn't worked  :(

Try deleting the rules for AOE 3, set the Firewall and Defense + to Training mode and launch the game again  :)
Can you play LAN games with the firewall or you are playing ESO Online?
I can't play the aoe3 LAN games with vLan (a VPN software for playing LAN games) while using firewall,but I can use  vLan play other game while using firewall.So I just don't know how to solve this problem. :(

WaterWall

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 12:22:50 PM »
Odd  88) I can play LAN and Online games with no probs  :) (Though I have another problem with CFP 3 - constant internet loss  :()

You can try deleting the rules for AOE and vLan and then lauch them again in Training mode. Or you can try Hamachi https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/vpn.asp?lang=en

Offline d2003

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 12:41:11 AM »
Odd  88) I can play LAN and Online games with no probs  :) (Though I have another problem with CFP 3 - constant internet loss  :()

You can try deleting the rules for AOE and vLan and then lauch them again in Training mode. Or you can try Hamachi https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/vpn.asp?lang=en
I reinstall the firewall and set to training mode but it doesn't work (including using Direct IP to connect) . :(

Offline jedom

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 12:50:35 AM »
Hi, regarding the AOE3 lack of network connectivity.

I ran AOE3 in a XP 64-bit and noticed the following:
the machine static IP address is 192.168.0.5;
the multiplayer screen shows address as 192.168.5.1

Then, I ran AOE in a XP 32-bit SP3 and noticed the following:
this machine DHCP allocated address is   192.168.0.131;
the multiplayer screen shows address as 192.168.0.131

The XP 64-bit machine uses Comodo CFP 3, the XP 32-bit machine does not. (:NRD)

Is CFP 3 the culprit?!

Offline jedom

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 02:23:03 AM »
Hi, sorry for the rush comment!

As mentioned above, I was puzzle by the different IP addresses in my XP 64-bit machine. The reason...
I have installed VMware workstation in this machine, it creates two virtual network adapters and two additional networks internal to my PC. AOE3 was picking out one of these network addresses. (:WAV)

But the lack of network connectivity persisted after fixing the IP address problem.
When CFP3 exits the CoMoDo Helper Service, cmdagent, remain running; no way to stop it, only can be disabled  which requires PC reboot. After rebooting the PC: CFP3 indicates CoMoDo Application Agent is not running; AOE3 connectivity problem remains--I should have experimented further.

I decided to uninstall CFP3 and voila! network connectivity achieved!...

Vettetech

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 06:01:25 AM »
I can make any game work with Comodo. Did you read my thread? Did you try putting the firewall a and D+ in training mode?

http://forums.comodo.com/frequently_asked_questions_faq_for_comodo_firewall/a_note_to_gamers-t20008.0.html

Offline Kyle

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 06:49:38 AM »
You may have previous entry's that's stopping changes being made while in training mode.

Delete the old entry's, and then go into training mode and try again.

Firewall -> Advanced -> Network Security Policy
Windows 7 x64
AMD FX 8120, 8gb ram, ATI 6870 1gb

Offline warchief_ryan

• Comodo Member
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 07:42:33 PM »
I had this problem also, I just read the "A Note To Gamers" thread and might try that some time, but im not sure if that will work sense I even disabled the firewall to try to get the game working and it didn't, so for now ive uninstalled comodo...

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek