Author Topic: blocking website  (Read 3203 times)

Offline ardi_sugianto

blocking website
« on: May 15, 2008, 10:08:02 AM »
help me, i don't know how to blocking a website with comodo firewall ?(for example an adult website)

sded

Re: blocking website
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 10:14:34 AM »
Couple of simple ways to block websites:
1) add the URL to your HOSTS file at "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc" which doesn't use Comodo at all.
2) add the URL to firewall/common tasks/my blocked network zones in CFP3

Offline Ragwing

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 02:52:50 PM »
Greetings!

Couple of simple ways to block websites:
1) add the URL to your HOSTS file at "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc" which doesn't use Comodo at all.

Don't forget to write it like this:
127.0.0.1       <URL>

2) add the URL to firewall/common tasks/my blocked network zones in CFP3

It won't work. You can only add IP, MAC or hostname. If you want to block just a specific website, use the HOSTS-file. If you want to block multiply websites, Comodo isn't made for that. Better use some other software that supports keywords and wildcards.

Cheers,
Ragwing

sded

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 03:03:09 PM »
I just successfully blocked "forums.comodo.com" by adding it as a host name under "my blocked network zones".  Threw in "my.yahoo.com" and it blocked that too.  Latest version does seem to support urls as hostnames.  Always have to check because I am not sure what the developers have done in the latest upgrade.
BTW, there is a bug report that CFP3 won't log these blocks.  But I think it logs OK if you just make them into a network zone called "block", and block and log the zone in network security policy.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 03:29:59 PM by sded »

Offline fazio93

• Comodo Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 12:28:21 PM »
also, you can go to command prompt and ping the site you want to block. you'll get the ip and enter it into CFP's single ip address. (just a harder way  (:NRD))
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CIS 5.12.256249.2599
Please remember to follow the Forum Policy.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek