Author Topic: How to uninstall Comodo Firewall?  (Read 203610 times)

Offline Mauro C.

• Comodo Family Member
How to uninstall Comodo Firewall?
« on: July 23, 2006, 03:32:07 AM »
No way to uninstall firewall because the REMOVE button is unavailable in "ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS". Some weeks ago I've tried to uninstall it manually but registry was corrupted and XP don't starts anymore (tanks to Acronis Trueimage I've saved my data).
My question is: how can I do to safely remove (and reinstall) Comodo Personal Firewall if the REMOVE button isn't available? I heard somewhere about a script...

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: How to uninstall Comodo Firewall?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 03:37:01 AM »
No way to uninstall firewall because the REMOVE button is unavailable in "ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS". Some weeks ago I've tried to uninstall it manually but registry was corrupted and XP don't starts anymore (tanks to Acronis Trueimage I've saved my data).
My question is: how can I do to safely remove (and reinstall) Comodo Personal Firewall if the REMOVE button isn't available? I heard somewhere about a script...

1- CD to personal firewall installation folder
2- type "fwconfig -uninstall" from the command line
3- restart Windows
4- Manually delete all files

Offline central

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 09:08:43 PM »
I have a situation where the folders no longer exist and some registry entries have been removed but system still thinks the Firewall is running. I can't connect to internet and I can't figure out what else to remove. Please help! I esentially have a non-internet system now.

In deep do

Offline dooplex

• Comodo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 08:01:21 PM »
I have been in similar situations with other software (not from Comodo), an have resolved it by doing the following:

(1)  Installing the software again, and reboot.  This should then recreate the filesystem and registry entries.

(2)  Uninstalling the software.  First try the Add/Remove Programs screen; otherwise try egemen's advice above.

Hope this helps.

dooplex

Offline BullHorn

• Comodo's Hero
  • Nexus23
    • Nexus23 Corp. Ltd.
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 11:50:08 AM »
I hate to bump and old thread, but I don't want to flood the forums with 214532 threads with the same cause. I have installed the latest version of CPF and used my .reg backup file from the 2.3Beta version of CPF, which caused lots of problems and I had to uninstall it. I don't see "Comodo" anywhere in the Add/Remove and when I try to reinstall, it says that CPF is already installed and asks if I want to uninstall it. When I press YES, nothing happens. I tried this:

1- CD to personal firewall installation folder
2- type "fwconfig -uninstall" from the command line
3- restart Windows
4- Manually delete all files

It asked me if I want to uninstall CPF, I answered YES, rebooted and when I came back it was still considered as installed and I couldn't reinstall it.

What do I do?
Windows XP SP2
Comodo Personal Firewall 3.0.7.208
NOD32 2.7

Offline BullHorn

• Comodo's Hero
  • Nexus23
    • Nexus23 Corp. Ltd.
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 12:06:19 PM »
Oh, nevermind.

I just opened up regedit, searched for all "Comodo" and removed it all.

Reinstalling Comodo PF as we speak. :)
Windows XP SP2
Comodo Personal Firewall 3.0.7.208
NOD32 2.7

Offline braindrained

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 02:13:37 AM »
Don't know if this is of any help, but i use CrapCleaner to check out inconsistencies in the registry & its Tools>Uninstall interface to uninstall programs. So far it works for me.

Cheers,
braindrained  (R)

Offline kouroubel

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 03:22:41 AM »
I also have trouble uninstalling CPF. The situation in my case is like this:

a) Cannot see the Comodo entry in Add/Remove Programs
b) When I try to reinstall I get a message saying that CPF is already installed and asks if I want to uninstall it. When I press yes, NOTHING happens
c) There is no Comodo Folder in Program Files. I have deleted it as it was empty anyway.

From what I have figured out by reading relative posts, I have to manually delete some registry entries. Since I don't want to do that blindly, can anyone tell me what those registry entries might be?

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 03:06:55 PM »
I also have trouble uninstalling CPF. The situation in my case is like this:

a) Cannot see the Comodo entry in Add/Remove Programs
b) When I try to reinstall I get a message saying that CPF is already installed and asks if I want to uninstall it. When I press yes, NOTHING happens
c) There is no Comodo Folder in Program Files. I have deleted it as it was empty anyway.

From what I have figured out by reading relative posts, I have to manually delete some registry entries. Since I don't want to do that blindly, can anyone tell me what those registry entries might be?

Do you still have this issue?  (I ask since we were discussing GRC in the other topic)

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline kouroubel

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 04:06:24 PM »
No problem is solved.  I manually deleted all comodo entries from the registry and reinstalled. Now it works fine.

Offline bigbyte

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 09:45:13 AM »
I am having the same problem have used regedit to search for comodo it only came up with 2 files which I deleted and I still have the problem when trying to reinstall it says program already installed do I want to uninstall and when selected nothing happens. ???

Offline kouroubel

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 12:06:34 PM »
I am not an expert but there should have been a lot more than 2 entries....

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 12:14:17 PM »
I am having the same problem have used regedit to search for comodo it only came up with 2 files which I deleted and I still have the problem when trying to reinstall it says program already installed do I want to uninstall and when selected nothing happens. ???
Have you tried Egemen's steps from his reply (reply #1) in this thread?

LM

PS:  And yes, there are a lot more registry entries than just two...  What were you using as the search field in regedit?  (ie, Comodo, CPF, etc)
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline thanatosades

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 04:26:34 PM »
greetings mates!

My problem with comodo firewall is a little different! I tried to uninstall comodo , but when the comodo's  uninstaller started the uninstallation process , it told me that it can not stop comodo's service and it stopped! I installed it again and tried to uninstall it in safe mode! The uninstall process completed , but still windows think that the program is running! I installed it again and tried to uninstall it using uninstallers , such as smarty uninstaller , ashampoo and your uninstaller! But some traces left and I used some registry editors to remove comodo files manually! Although I have searched and deleted  everything related to comodo , windows still think that comodo is running! Need some help here , I am going crazy with this firewall!

Regards!

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 04:29:40 PM »
greetings mates!

My problem with comodo firewall is a little different! I tried to uninstall comodo , but when the comodo's  uninstaller started the uninstallation process , it told me that it can not stop comodo's service and it stopped! I installed it again and tried to uninstall it in safe mode! The uninstall process completed , but still windows think that the program is running! I installed it again and tried to uninstall it using uninstallers , such as smarty uninstaller , ashampoo and your uninstaller! But some traces left and I used some registry editors to remove comodo files manually! Although I have searched and deleted  everything related to comodo , windows still think that comodo is running! Need some help here , I am going crazy with this firewall!

Regards!

thanatosades,

I see no one replied to you, and I apologize.  Are you still hanging in limbo, or have you been able to resolve the problem?

I'm here to help, if you are still in need.

LM
Forum Policy

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek