Author Topic: Scan Schedule  (Read 4331 times)

Offline Mark2

Scan Schedule
« on: November 24, 2006, 01:51:52 PM »
Greetings.  I've set two scan schedules, one at 2:30 am and one at 3:00 pm, both set to run daily.  Intermittently the schedules work but not regularly, as scheduled.  Both are set to scan fixed drives.  Help please, thanks.
-Mark

Offline hookbill

Re: Scan Schedule
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 01:56:29 PM »
I'm having the same problem.  Can anyone help?

Offline FinGerS

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 07:35:11 AM »
that makes 3 of us then... mine's set to scan every 2 days and hasn't for a while

Offline Justin L.

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 09:55:15 AM »
Seems like a bug in the program, it will most likely be fixed with the next major beta release (being version 3).

Justin
Windows 8 64-bit; Intel Core i3 2350 [at] 2.30 GHz w/ 6GB RAM
CIS 6.1.276867.2813 - Complete

Offline hookbill

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 09:11:06 AM »
I've discovered that the scan does not occurre if you schedule it for a time when you have your hard drives shut down.  For now the best way to work with this is set it for about 15 minutes after you usually go to bed.  Take your computer off of sleep and it will work fine.

Not what it should do, but it is a work around until they get a fix.

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 01:02:35 PM »
I know I've posted about this issue before.  For some reason, CAVS cannot wake the computer.  You may have some success by using Windows' Scheduler to wake the computer and run CAVS for its scans.

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline FinGerS

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 06:20:53 PM »
I've discovered that the scan does not occurre if you schedule it for a time when you have your hard drives shut down.  For now the best way to work with this is set it for about 15 minutes after you usually go to bed.  Take your computer off of sleep and it will work fine.

Not what it should do, but it is a work around until they get a fix.

i have my hdd's set to not shut down, and the scheduled scan doesn't work

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 11:34:27 AM »
i have my hdd's set to not shut down, and the scheduled scan doesn't work
It's not just the HD shutting down, but also if the computer goes into sleep/standby.  Basically, everything has to be active in order for CAVS to run its own scan.

I have used Windows' Scheduler to wake the computer and run CAVS, with some success; you might try that as a work-around.

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek