Author Topic: "The network firewall is not functioning properly" [Merged Threads]  (Read 98315 times)

sded

Re: "The network firewall is not functioning properly" [Merged Threads]
« Reply #180 on: May 09, 2008, 02:29:21 PM »
You are another victim of the installer.  See if any of the suggestions in this thread help you.

Offline gandalf94305

« Reply #181 on: May 09, 2008, 03:23:12 PM »
This thread started some time last year, but Comodo does not seem to care to provide any means of further analyzing this issue. It is still unclear what kind of problem is detected and what it is based on.

I am severely disappointed.

--gandalf.

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2008, 06:17:14 PM »
Can you please reiterate your network firewall issues that you have been experiencing so a solution can be determined.

Eric

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 32 bit Windows Vista SP3
Realtime Protection:CIS 6 / CMS

Offline gandalf94305

« Reply #183 on: May 14, 2008, 01:54:40 AM »
You must be kidding  (:CLP) There's nothing new about the situation than described in my postings already.

Comodo's tasks is to find better diagnostics than "something's wrong" messages. Then we can determine where the problem comes from and what could possibly be done to fix it... and who needs to do something (Comodo or users).

--gandalf.

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
« Reply #184 on: May 14, 2008, 02:33:41 AM »
I think it's probably when you had re-installed CPF3 or did a fresh install of one of the versions you didn't remove the leftover directories under ...Program files/Comodo & ...[all users & username]/Application Data/Comodo which tends to cause conflicts with installing new fresh versions.

So, if this is the case, then yes, it is something that the team are looking into. I'm not sure where it is on the teams priority but have you tried exporting your rules and then reinstalling having removed the aforementioned directories?

Eric

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 32 bit Windows Vista SP3
Realtime Protection:CIS 6 / CMS

Offline gandalf94305

« Reply #185 on: May 14, 2008, 11:47:34 AM »
As you could have read in one of my previous postings, this problem even occurs after manually cleaning out all leftovers in the file system and the registry.

--gandalf.

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #186 on: May 16, 2008, 10:09:27 AM »
Hi Guys,

We have identified something that could cause such an issue and fixed it. An update is coming soon. But still, if this issue persists, there is a way to remediate the problem:

Vista Instructions:
1 - Goto Start->Settings->Network Connections
2 - Right-click on one of the network connections icon and select "Properties" from the menu
3 - The connection properties menu will be opened. Click on "Install" button
4 - Select "Service" option and click on "Add" button
5 - Select "Network Service" window will be opened. Click on "Have Disk..." button
6 - "Browse" to your comodo firewall installation directory and goto look inside "Repair" folder.
7 - Select "Inspect.inf" from the menu
8 - Select "Comodo Firewall Driver" and click on "Ok" button.
9 - Reboot your computer

After following these steps, the firewall driver must be loaded successfully. If the error still persists, please try with the CFP build # 355 or later(To be released in a couple of days).

Hope this helps,
Egemen

Offline Searinox

• Comodo's Hero
  • Do you like fire? I'm full of it.
« Reply #187 on: May 16, 2008, 03:13:12 PM »
After running the Comodo updater, the Comodo control panel said "network firewall is not functioning properly", so i ran Comodo Diagnostics.

I clicked "Yes" to "fix" the firewall, and my computer bluescreened.

The bluescreen said:

driver_unloaded_without_cancelling_pending_operation

After restarting, my network card could not make a connection.

I had to restore Windows to regain network access.

Again, the Comodo control panel says "network firewall is not functioning properly".
The exact same thing happened to me after one of my episodes of trying to uninstall disfunctional CFP Miniports and, having failed, decided to run System Restore.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with all updates, UAC off + COMODO Internet Security 5.8 + Avira Free 2012 + TuneUp Utilities 2011 + Norton Ghost 15 SP1

Offline gandalf94305

« Reply #188 on: May 17, 2008, 07:17:45 AM »
[at]egemen, this sounds to me like there is an interaction between network interfaces that are added dynamically, and Comodo PFW. I use SecuRemote for VPN access, which creates a virtual network interface for the VPN. Maybe if at the time of installation this interface is not up, it won't get the Comodo instrumentation, and later the firewall complains that it is not present on all interfaces. Hmm... I'll see what I can try to figure that out.

Anyway, if this is the case, the error message could be a bit more detailed and precise than "not functioning properly".

--gandalf.

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #189 on: May 17, 2008, 07:22:09 AM »
[at] gandalf,

FYI, I've successfully run both the F5 Network VPN the Cisco soft VPN product and CFP has correctly recognised and controlled the ghost VPN adaptors they create during initialisation.

Only mention this in case it turns out to be particular VPNs, rather than VPNs that use dynamic NICs in general.

Ewen :-)

As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline cfsdoriga

« Reply #190 on: May 20, 2008, 07:52:20 PM »
It does work propery with me after those tips.   (:CLP)

Thanks!!!

Carlos.

Hi Guys,

We have identified something that could cause such an issue and fixed it. An update is coming soon. But still, if this issue persists, there is a way to remediate the problem:

Vista Instructions:
1 - Goto Start->Settings->Network Connections
2 - Right-click on one of the network connections icon and select "Properties" from the menu
3 - The connection properties menu will be opened. Click on "Install" button
4 - Select "Service" option and click on "Add" button
5 - Select "Network Service" window will be opened. Click on "Have Disk..." button
6 - "Browse" to your comodo firewall installation directory and goto look inside "Repair" folder.
7 - Select "Inspect.inf" from the menu
8 - Select "Comodo Firewall Driver" and click on "Ok" button.
9 - Reboot your computer

After following these steps, the firewall driver must be loaded successfully. If the error still persists, please try with the CFP build # 355 or later(To be released in a couple of days).

Hope this helps,
Egemen

Josh123

« Reply #191 on: May 23, 2008, 03:25:27 AM »
Hi Guys,

A new version has been released which fixes the firewall driver issue as well with many other improvements and fixes.

Can anyone confirm "The network firewall is not functioning properly" is fixed on their machine?

Josh

Offline Stormraider

« Reply #192 on: May 23, 2008, 04:49:56 AM »
Yes, the new version works for me. No errors.

Josh123

« Reply #193 on: May 23, 2008, 04:54:46 AM »
Can we have more people confirm this? :)

Josh

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #194 on: May 23, 2008, 07:44:21 AM »
I am on Vista SP1 and the driverless Comodo Wan Miniport still shows. I had the installer unisnstall the previous version and then after the reboot I instlalled the new one. The driver version that shows up is 3.0.0.1 dated 20-11-2006. Is it a remnant of one of the previous versions?

Later I will try the complete uninstall as described in the stikcy and see what happens then.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 08:01:20 AM by EricJH »

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek