Author Topic: Full Removal of Comodo Firewall Pro 3 with SafeSurf Toolbar (If Regular Uninstall Method Fails)  (Read 357767 times)

Offline Ragwing

• Comodo's Hero
Found the following registry keys and updates the batch file:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\CFP_Setup_3.0.14.276_XP_Vista_x32

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\CFP_Setup_3.0.14.276_XP_Vista_x64

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\CFPLog

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\CPFFileSubmission

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro

Cheers,
Ragwing

Offline bopro54

I'm sorry but I can't seem to find the bat file, CFP3 File+Registry Cleaner.bat that you say is attached.  Am I missing something?  Please advise.

Thanks

Bopro54

Offline Ragwing

• Comodo's Hero
I'm sorry but I can't seem to find the bat file, CFP3 File+Registry Cleaner.bat that you say is attached.  Am I missing something?  Please advise.

Thanks

Bopro54

At the bottom of the post it says CFP3 File+Registry Cleaner.rar. Click it to download.
Will also work if you click the text in this post.

Cheers,
Ragwing
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 05:18:30 PM by Ragwing »

Offline SW

[ at ]USSS and Ragwing

Thanks for the great .BAT file.  The only thing I had a problem with is needing quotes around any paths and keys with spaces in them.  E.g.,:

CD "%homepath%\someotherdir\andanotherone"        (%homepath% probably has spaces in it)
    RD "this subdir has spaces"
    REG DELETE "HKLM\This Key Has Spaces" /F

I also added:
    NET START WINMGMT
after deleteing the subdir.

-SW
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 02:46:40 PM by SW »

Offline Ragwing

• Comodo's Hero
    CD "%homepath%\someotherdir\andanotherone"        (%homepath% probably has spaces in it)

Yes it has spaces, since %homepath% is \Documents and Settings\Username.

RD "this subdir has spaces"
    REG DELETE "HKLM\This Key Has Spaces" /F

NET START WINMGMT
after deleteing the subdir.

Yeah, I'll add that. Seems like I forgot it. And I'll also use quotation marks for the paths so that no one will get problems with that in the future.

Cheers,
Ragwing

Offline Como-newb

Hmmm

Great product but caused me some frustration today...

I didn't want to de-install it, I wanted to install it.

After using it successfuly on a laptop I wanted it on my desktop. The notebook was a very simple setup; one hard drive, English XP Pro.
But the PC was more difficult - Lots of drives (Network, chip based and the spinning kind), and using XP SP2 Home in German.

I kept getting the same thing as I think is the "Installation Directory bug".  https://forums.comodo.com/bug_reports/installation_fails_no_config_screen_v3012268_x32bugreport-t15141.0.html;msg105334#msg105334 describes my problem exactly.

I fixed it by copying everything I could find in the working notebooks registry, editing those entries for the new installation (the Program FIles directory was different), and adding those exported reg files to the new install registry.

I did have to temporarly change the registry permissions for a few of the entries. and there were about 21 total different keys.

But it works now.

Thought you'd like to know.

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
Welcome to the forums, Como-newb.  Glad the removal instructions helped you get it installed!  That's a fun role reversal... :D

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline Coolio10

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
I can confirm the latest release 3.0.15 cleans even better. It even deleted its own folder with defence+ on. What needs to be implemented is a kill alert warning similar to ZA so when you install or update you are warned the cpf process is being killed which results in a clean/easy uninstall. Because defence+ asks about the cpf uninstall which could mess it up if you accidentally press deny.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
('')_('')

Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Offline Byteman

At the bottom of the post it says CFP3 File+Registry Cleaner.rar. Click it to download.
I recieve the message: "You are not allowed to access this section" Why?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 05:13:12 PM by Byteman »

Offline Ragwing

• Comodo's Hero
I recieve the message: "You are not allowed to access this section" Why?

I have no idea why this happened, but I've updated the link to a new one now.

Cheers,
Ragwing

Offline manxman

hi  im  struggling  since  the  uninstall  crash  my  comp....

i  have  used  comodo  fw  for  ages  and  always  recommended  it  to anyone  i  meet  on  forums...

however  this  has  been  a  shambles  ...no  other  word  for  it....

still  here  we  are  are ...  and thats  the  reality....

ragwing  you  know  your  stuff  m8....and  between  crashes  and  reboots  im  at the  stage  where  im  left  with  the  legacy  keys  and  the  002  keys  non  will  delete...

i  would  like  to  download  you    bat  rar  or  exe  file  to  finish  off  ..  so  i  can  do  a  clean  install  
again.....and  get  windows  firewall  binned.....

i  have  look  at  the  thread  in  great  detail  and  for  the  life  of  me  i  cannot  see  a  link  at  the  bottom  of  any  post.....or  infact  anywhere  in  any  post  to  your  uninstaller....

do  you  think  you  could  make  a  post  with  it  on  please  it  would  be  greatly  appreciated...
ive  spent  nearly  2  days  messing  about  with  this....and  my patience  is wearing  extremly  thin....

its  been  an  education  mind  so  not  all  in  vain....but  i  have  better  things  to  do  with  my  weekend....
anyway  i  will  use  windows  firewall  for  the next  couple  of  days....and  if  you  cannot  help  me  it  looks  like  i  will  have  to  use  another  highly  rated  product  until  i  reformat  in  the  spring  to  vista.....that  seems the  only  option  for  a  clean  install....

im  not  going  thru  all  this  again  on  the  off  chance  that  comodo  may  work  properly  if  i  install  it  again....i  have  uninstalled  all  4  products  at  the  moment  boc/memory  fw/hacker  guard  and  the  site  verifier....i  know  i  didnt  have  to  really  but  i  just  wanted  anything  with  comodo  on  it  out  of  my  machine.......and  that  way  i  didnt  miss  anything....i  can  always  re-install  and  indeed  im  going  to  do  just  that....when  this  god  almighty  mess  is  sorted....

thanks  for  all  the  volunteers  hard  work  it  is  much  appreciated....

and  fingers  crossed  that  the  comodo  team  will  have  all  the  bugs  ironed  out  over  the  next  couple  of  months......

Offline manxman

found  the  link  in  a  quote  on  this  page....

be  lucky......and  thanks.........from  the  isle  of  man....

Offline Ragwing

• Comodo's Hero
ragwing  you  know  your  stuff  m8....and  between  crashes  and  reboots  im  at the  stage  where  im  left  with  the  legacy  keys  and  the  002  keys  non  will  delete...

Well, for some it can't be deleted, I think only SYSTEM has access to it actually.
Here's how to do it:
Open regedit/regedt32, nighlight the key and select the Security\Permissions menu option. Turn on Replace Permission on Existing Subkeys. Highlight the group Everyone and  set the type of access to Full Control. Now you'll be able to delete it. The legacy is stored under the 00x keys, and is used for the Last Known Good Configuration in boot menu. It not meant to be deleted if you still have the driver installed, because if you do, you might mess up your system. But if it's uninstalled, there's no danger in doing that.
I think batch files doesn't bypass this, so they might not be able to delete those keys, as they most likely will use the current user's access rights, and not the one for SYSTEM.

Cheers,
Ragwing

Offline manxman

obviously  a  reader  of  the  forum  cannot see  the  links  until  he  or she  logs-in  onto  the  forum.
as  now  i  have  registered  the  link  is  easy  to  spot  at  the  bottom  of  your  post..
i  have  a  query  while  i  have  your  attention  please....and  that  is  i  noticed  some  left  over  registry  entries  from  other  programs  i  have  used  on  a  trial  basis  example  being  acronis 
security  suite....will  it  be  ok  to  delete  these  leftovers  as  well  do  you  think....

anyway  i  tried  the  uninstaller  and  no  joy  with  the  legacy  entries  so  will  do  as  you  suggest  above  thanks....

i will  report  back  even  if  successful  i  owe  you  that....

thanks  again  from  manxland....

Offline Ragwing

• Comodo's Hero
and  that  is  i  noticed  some  left  over  registry  entries  from  other  programs  i  have  used  on  a  trial  basis  example  being  acronis 
security  suite....will  it  be  ok  to  delete  these  leftovers  as  well  do  you  think....

Yes, they're safe to delete.

anyway  i  tried  the  uninstaller  and  no  joy  with  the  legacy  entries  so  will  do  as  you  suggest  above  thanks....

i will  report  back  even  if  successful  i  owe  you  that....

Yeah, seems like the protection prevents that.

Cheers,
Ragwing

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek