Author Topic: Comodo running with Avast - any conflicts?  (Read 8548 times)

Offline martink

Comodo running with Avast - any conflicts?
« on: July 17, 2008, 12:38:41 PM »
I would like to test out Comodo Firewall protection on my Windows/XP SP2 machine. Up to now I have not bothered with a firewall, because I am running on a home network behind an SMC router/firewall with NAT and SPI protection, but lately I have been thinking that I ought to check outgoing traffic as well just in case. However, I have a few questions before I install it since this kind of software always makes me a bit nervous :-\
  • I'm currently running Avast antivirus (version 4.8) and this has so far worked perfectly well for me, occasionally catching viruses brought in on other people's USB keys. Can I install Comodo firewall with Avast happily or is the one likely to interfere with the other?
  • Can I ensure that I get my system back if something goes wrong by creating a backup safepoint before starting?
  • Does Comodo firewall come with an antivirus of its own and if so can I disable it on installation?
  • Have you heard that the German and French governments are trying to get a law passed so that they can install Trojan horses legally on people's computers? What do you think of this?
Many thanks for your help and advice

Vettetech

Re: Comodo running with Avast - any conflicts?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 12:46:07 PM »
Avast and Comod run great together. Comodo doesnt have a built in av. Read about it here. And I live in the US so I do not know about Germany or France.Why dont you just Google it and see what you come up with.

http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/benefits.html

Offline Oriour

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 04:20:14 PM »
1. I use both and can tell you that I've experienced no conflicts.
2. I dunno.
3. It has a built in scanner, but it's only for on demand, so you never have to touch it. It hardly takes up space besides.
4. They can try. It'll be a test for the security softwares.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter." -Gilbran Quail

Vettetech

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 04:32:57 PM »
If you want to back up just make a System Restore point before doing anything which is what you always should do before making any changes to your pc.

Offline uSerKey

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 10:13:21 PM »
Hi martink,
I am running XP SP2++ w/Avast Home and just recently intalled Comodo Firewall v3 a couple of weeks ago and as far as I can tell these all run fine together (no apparent confilicts or issues.)
This setup seems good overall.

Offline frogger

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 10:16:32 PM »
runs good here i use avast and comodo firewall all is well.
God Bless

3xist

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 10:53:23 PM »
Avast! & CFP 3 are probably the most common combination's.

Offline Sr Lluny

• Product Translator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I use only the best, I use Comodo firewall
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 05:47:08 AM »
Running here a lot of time yet, and no problems.

Offline Osage

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 03:19:00 PM »
Wife's computer---avast plus comodo 3---------no problems or conflicts.

My computer-------Antivirus plus comodo3------no problems or conflicts.

And you can read this forum and all back posts, and I don't recall a single post about comodo3 conflicting with either avast or avira antivirus.

3xist

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 01:10:26 AM »
There was a problem about 12 versions again (v3) that Avast! did conflict with Comodo, But not anymore. Old news, Avast! works great. ;)

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek