Author Topic: Uninstall procedures?  (Read 27758 times)

Offline mandilon

Re: Uninstall procedures?
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2010, 03:18:48 PM »
I'm trying to instal AVG after uninstalling commodo and AVG **KEEPS** instructing me 'to uninstall commodo' to proceed????  (I rebooted after each uninstall)

I even went into program files and lo and behold, i found a commodo folder 'with caca in it.' After wipping this rubbish* out I was expecting for AVG to install. NO LUCK! Same instructions from AVG!

I hate this commodo rubbish*!

How can I UNINSTALL THIS TRASH?

THX & od Bless

Offline mandilon

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2010, 03:30:41 PM »
I wish I could've seen this BEFORE I install this *rubbish* comodo trash!:

http://www.howtogeek.com/forum/topic/comodo-uninstall

i've commented on c/net about comodo being one of the worse programs and possibly the most uninstalled program ever made. it's a horrible program and will fight you until the end. c/net loves to push garbage-ware off because it's sponsored by the maker and they pay them. most comments made on c/net, in my opinion are planted. check out rising antivirus. look at all the 5 star rating on a program that is 100% trash. they all attacked my opinion on the program. i rated it 1 star and called it garbage.
have you tried regedit to remove what's left of comodo? i'm not a moderator but i understand your problem completely.

I think it should be illegal to supply a product, albeit free, that invades your computer like a virus and worms its way everywhere and amateurs like myself just cannot get rid of it. Comodo should be held responsible to supply a product that can be removed at the press of a key like most downloads. I have since my last post, followed advice supplied on Comodo's forum and gone into regedit and manually deleted all the registeries that would allow me to. Took me almost an hour and guess what ?.... yes! its still there ! It deleted my internet settings and I had to use system restore yet again. Guess I'm stuck with it unless I get professional help and I don't suppose Comodo will offer reimbursement. It's annoying as the laptop is only 4 months old.
Still............ guess you get what you pay for with software!

BEWARE of this *rubbish*y comodo TRASH!

Offline Strive Engineering

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2010, 02:47:50 AM »
I have a new problem with CTM. After taking a new baseline, at the re-initialization CTM crashed and would not start after a reboot. I then uninstalled CTM with the idea of re-installing it to get it to work again.

After numerous reboots, the installer always comes up with a message to restart the pc finish the uninstall. Even a windows system restore does not work. How do I get CTM to install again?

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2010, 08:10:12 AM »
I have a new problem with CTM. After taking a new baseline, at the re-initialization CTM crashed and would not start after a reboot. I then uninstalled CTM with the idea of re-installing it to get it to work again.

After numerous reboots, the installer always comes up with a message to restart the pc finish the uninstall. Even a windows system restore does not work. How do I get CTM to install again?
The 166 version has a bug that could be easily solved by running a small executable to fix it.
It's called ClearMulOs.exe and should be sent to you by email from the developers.
avast! team member
Save freeware snapshot technology of Comodo Time Machine. Vote!

Offline mandilon

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2010, 09:44:08 AM »
AND how do ***I*** uninstall this commode????

I will blackball this trashy *commode* all over the internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Terepin

• Comodo's Hero
    • My Jamendo page
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2010, 01:33:07 PM »
As I can see, CTM is still breaking things instead of protecting them.
But if Comodo thinks the best protection is to destroy system, then by all means, continue in great work so far.
My level of sarcasm is proportional to your stupidity.

Offline Zero3K

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2010, 01:09:54 AM »
Well, its working fine for me. So, I'm going to keep using it. At least COMODO now knows that there are some issues with it (which should be fixed in the next version or versions).

Offline Greg S

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2010, 03:56:33 PM »
Well, its working fine for me. So, I'm going to keep using it. At least COMODO now knows that there are some issues with it (which should be fixed in the next version or versions).
I have to go along with this. I've used it more than most folks would or could. No problems here thankfully

Offline doffen

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2010, 05:43:52 PM »
Zero3K:
Have you tried uninstalling an earlier version of CTM?

Just my 2 cents worth, but a company that develops security programs and messes with root directories etc. should be able to prevent at least its own programs from creating such a mess. Does Comodo have a bunch of high school drop outs banging away on the keyboards in the hope something will be stable.

If a program doesn't work right, at the very least, it should do no harm!

Offline mandilon

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2010, 07:09:31 PM »
.......The 166 version has a bug that could be easily solved by running a small executable to fix it.
It's called ClearMulOs.exe and should be sent to you by email from the developers.

AND what about for the ****REST**** of us idiots??????????????????????????????????????

............WE bite THE BULLET????????????????????????????????????????

COMMODE, piece of CACA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Zero3K

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2010, 12:39:25 AM »
Zero3K:
Have you tried uninstalling an earlier version of CTM?

Yes, I have had no issues with uninstalling it.

Offline Terepin

• Comodo's Hero
    • My Jamendo page
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2010, 10:37:41 AM »
AND what about for the ****REST**** of us idiots??????????????????????????????????????

............WE bite THE BULLET????????????????????????????????????????

COMMODE, piece of CACA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are OK?

Yes, I have had no issues with uninstalling it.
Lucky you. I tried CTM, then uninstall it. And my system was dead. Literaly. Since then CTM won't put a foot to my system.
My level of sarcasm is proportional to your stupidity.

Offline Alice2

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2010, 11:46:47 AM »
Well, I returned b/c I got a bunch of notices in my inbox about this topic having posts.  Comodo is water under the bridge to me now, EXCEPT!

When I use the address bar to type in an address that doesn't exist, guess who is behind the error reply--- COMODO!

It is truly a virus that never goes away. . . . .

I am now on Zonealarm and Avast.  Not that crazy about Zonealarm but hey, it works and I seem to be safe using it.

If Comodo makes some major improvements I for one would like to hear about it having suffered many hours trying to climb out of the muck, with only 99.9% success. 

People should not have to be COMPUTER EXPERTS to deal with free software that is highly touted on CNET.  If you must be an expert to deal with the software you should be FOREWARNED, as I for one (of many) would have kept my now-mucky little paws off of this one.

(I was here in March and it's now July and the song from the product's maker is " too bad you're so dumb!)

Getting smarter every day   ;)

Offline NWReader

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2011, 01:01:52 PM »
Be VERY aware.
I installed CTM on 2 computers. I tried to uninstall it from the CTM console on one of them. This produced several error messages and a freeze. Upon boot up, I get a blank screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner. It trashed my computer. I had to reformat!!
I contacted tech support and asked them how to get this d**n thing off my other computer. They couldn't help then just stopped contacting me.
The program that was supposed to save my data has destroyed it and they cannot help me.
This sucks!!

BTW, I am a registered user of Rollback RX/EAZ-FIX. I have installed and uninstalled these programs many times from the console and never had problems.

Hi, I agree with you that this is a dangerous program.  It keeps asking me for a Username & Password and I've tried everything I can to enter the Username (I know the password), but was never asked to input a Username.  I've tried stopping this program from running on my system and nothing works.  I am glad you are posting the problems you have had with CTM and to heck with anyone who criticizes you.  I'm not getting any help from "Support" either; they send me to the Forums and I cannot find an answer to my problem.  I want this program off of my computer, but without a Username & Password, it won't work.  But, now, reading all the problems everyone is having uninstalling CTM, I'm afraid to remove it, too. I don't have Windows discs since my software came already installed on this computer.  I can't do a System Restore because there are no restore points!  This software is dangerous and I'm so sorry I found it.  If anyone has any idea what Username the CTM program is looking for, I'd be most appreciative.  (I was logged on as System Administrator (HP_Administrator) for Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2.  Thanks so much.  Vicki

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek