Author Topic: [Resolved] Urgent help please .  (Read 6450 times)

Offline PeaceWave

• Comodo Loves me
  • NobleArab
[Resolved] Urgent help please .
« on: December 21, 2010, 01:46:39 AM »
hello and thanx to who ever comes to the rescue

here's the thing, I used CSC 2 , and there was some tweaks with that , I used them well, so after I installed 3 all of the tweaks were lost and I don't know how to get back what was done using the previous version ,such as : locked task manager, add remove programs, explorer tweaks, and lots more, I tried using third party programs since version 3 don't have that ability anymore, donno why, but am fine with it, and I am thankful to what ever u wana over guys, but those third party software were not able to undo what 2 had done, so, am asking for your help, any program  , help of any sort is absolutely welcome, I even forgot which version of CSC 2 I used, or even if it was one??  88)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 03:49:11 AM by Jacob »

Offline Jacob

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Urgent help please .
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 02:26:28 AM »
hello and thanx to who ever comes to the rescue

here's the thing, I used CSC 2 , and there was some tweaks with that , I used them well, so after I installed 3 all of the tweaks were lost and I don't know how to get back what was done using the previous version ,such as : locked task manager, add remove programs, explorer tweaks, and lots more, I tried using third party programs since version 3 don't have that ability anymore, donno why, but am fine with it, and I am thankful to what ever u wana over guys, but those third party software were not able to undo what 2 had done, so, am asking for your help, any program  , help of any sort is absolutely welcome, I even forgot which version of CSC 2 I used, or even if it was one??  88)

Ello,

System restore would be the first thing on top of my head.
Also Possibly find CSC2 again and uninstall 3 then reinstall 2 and undo the configurations, and then apply and restart uninstall csc2 install 3 again..
or
Install CSC2 in a different directory (possible even get a portable one)

I have a portable 1 somewhere's

I'll have too look for it

You can still download a 2.0 Version
http://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-csc/comodo-system-cleaner-223356115-public-release-t53246.0.html;msg377252#msg377252

Jake
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 02:33:08 AM by Jacob »
Thanks....Jake

Please Follow The Forum Rules!

I'm Offline!

Offline PeaceWave

• Comodo Loves me
  • NobleArab
Thank You a million Jacob
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 04:58:47 PM »
Thank You a million Jacob for the quick response , I really appreciate it a lot

I do have registry backup , It just will not over command CSC , and my registry will be changed exept for those I need to be changed  :o erunt is the one am using " some of CSC backups were lost because 3 just deleted the entire folder when was installed with everything in it https://forums.comodo.com/help-csc/help-needed-t65820.0.html

great idea is the portable 2, if someone still has one, I'll appreciate it, and I wish that comodo keep all of there products available somehow ,

installing in different directories will not work with comodo , gets detected , and install aported immediately

if there's another third party program I could use, ?? that also is another choice, besides I really cannot just trust any registry editing app  , but u guys I trust,

I will leave uninstalling 3 as a last resort, because it's finally working now, and I wana know if that will continue, .

once again Jacob, can't thank you enough ....

P.S

please have a look here ,: ( "Safe" Windows XP Service Pack 3 Services Start Keyhttp://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/sc_bat.htm ) what if I applied those , will I regain access to those applets that are blocked now? I know you can't be held responsible for any miss use or not understanding that may lead to further undesired outcome that result from applying this patch
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 05:21:30 PM by PeaceWave »

Offline Jacob

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 07:01:07 PM »
Hello PeaceWave

"installing in different directories will not work with comodo , gets detected , and install aported immediately"

My Response: This is strange, because i installed 3 and 2 on the same machine and didnt detect the other installation;

"great idea is the portable 2, if someone still has one, I'll appreciate it, and I wish that comodo keep all of there products available somehow ,"

My Response: You can download the portable version here
http://download.comodo.com/csc/download/setups/CSC_SETUP_2.2.335611.5_xp_vista_server2003_win7_64bit.zip
This is the Version 2.2

Do you remember the tweaks that you have chosen to apply?

Jake

EDIT: MAJOR APOLOGY! Big Typo.. Sorry !
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 12:25:57 AM by Jacob »
Thanks....Jake

I'm Offline!

Offline PeaceWave

• Comodo Loves me
  • NobleArab
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 12:09:20 AM »
Hell PeaceWave
lol, no thank you  :o

but hellooooo to you Jake

My Response: This is strange, because i installed 3 and 2 on the same machine and didnt detect the other installation;

and this is a total shock for me too, I tried before answering here and absolutely no luck , I get a message saying that a newer version is there, and when reboot if I let the installer run , it'll delete the previous one

but I'll try with the portable version you suggested and I don't think I'll face any trouble, I just hope it will undo the changes .. and let you know of course  ....

Yes I do know the changes I made , header of ie, locked down : task manager " I only need Comodo to  control those processes < I also locked down some features and access of the control panel , and that's about all ... nothing serious, I just utilized almost every feature that CSC had to offer ... and by the way I still think that earlier versions of CSC are better than 3, they were bundled with amazing features, but of course I respect the way you guys see your future  ;D ...

oh .. and did you look at blackviper's link I posted earlier???

I don't mind the teaks in that script, in fact I want them, ... am just asking you for your personal oppinion, were you in my shoes, would you or wouldn't you use it???  !ot!

and do you know which previous version had the most tweaks ????

again and always

Thanx a lot Jake

peace man

You rock  :-TU O0

My Response: You can download the portable version here
http://download.comodo.com/csc/download/setups/CSC_SETUP_2.2.335611.5_xp_vista_server2003_win7_64bit.zip
This is the Version 2.2

I have a 32 win XP3 , and the link is for 64bit  :a0
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 12:12:05 AM by PeaceWave »

Offline Jacob

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 12:28:10 AM »
http://download.comodo.com/csc/download/setups/CSC_SETUP_2.2.335611.5_xp_vista_server2003_win7_32bit.zip
Changed for 32 bit

To unlock the  Task Manager and Regedit You can Use The Batch' That i have attached in zip file.

Did the portable version work?

Sorry for the typo.

Jake

« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 12:34:18 AM by Jacob »
Thanks....Jake

I'm Offline!

Offline PeaceWave

• Comodo Loves me
  • NobleArab
Jake?? you're simply one of Comodo's best .. I love you
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 12:59:47 AM »
http://download.comodo.com/csc/download/setups/CSC_SETUP_2.2.335611.5_xp_vista_server2003_win7_32bit.zip
Changed for 32 bit

To unlock the  Task Manager and Regedit You can Use The Batch' That i have attached in zip file.

Did the portable version work?

Sorry for the typo.

Jake

Jake .... Jake .... Jake , how can I thank you man, not only you were so patient with me , you also so elegantly address every question I ask, and swiftly , many thanx man ..

Here's the update

I got version 1.1.64946.38 and it's my absolute favourate of all of the CSC versions and it's the one that I used to make the changes, it worked, only thing is that I am terrified of rebooting because after I selected what I need, reboot, the computer kept rebooting to the reboot screen, safe mode , or start normally , that mode, I after so many scares, used " last known working .... forgot the rest  ???, well it booted fine, and changes were beautifully applied, only now I dare not shut my computer or reboot , until am sure what caused that ... I didn't ask CSC to reboot automatically or ..the Terminate application if unresponsive, so after I post this I'll restart and let you know what happens...

and

Thank you very much for the teaks, and for the portable link, " I need that " and for your time with me , I'll keep you posted

and man???!!!!! dontcha worry about any typo man, your great help and attitude were your advocates, so make as many typos as you want ....  :-La :-La

Very latest Updates:

Jake??

I have the portable version downloaded,I need that and thank you for the link ..

Rebooting was ok, hopefully from now on, I think there could've been some conflict between comodo and TweakNow software that I downloaded to fix the problems and it did absolutely nothing except for that engine running all the time in the background that CSC 1/38 uncovered for me, and deleted using CPM, and it did a great job, and I  think CPM is awesome and a cutting edge, .. Good job guys  :-TU

I am very happy now , all thanx to you Jake, I understand that you're very busy but still found the time to help me ,

p.s.

I wish that COMODO keep all their brevious versions at least those stable ones, especially of CSC available somehow at all times, because they are different in many ways, and quite useful ,

Again Jake and always Thank You so much :-La

Regards

Mazin
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 01:35:55 AM by PeaceWave »

Offline Jacob

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 02:16:49 AM »

Jake .... Jake .... Jake , how can I thank you man, not only you were so patient with me , you also so elegantly address every question I ask, and swiftly , many thanx man ..

You are most welcome, and no problem! (Anytime you need help you may post or PM a moderator)

I have the portable version downloaded,I need that and thank you for the link ..
Again Your Welcome :)

I wish that COMODO keep all their brevious versions at least those stable ones, especially of CSC available somehow at all times, because they are different in many ways, and quite useful ,
Comodo Will Introduce better tweaks in CSC later on, as of right now they are focusing on cleaning the computer first! then worrying about change configurations to increase speed or usabilty for the user.

--

I got version 1.1.64946.38 and it's my absolute favourate of all of the CSC versions and it's the one that I used to make the changes, it worked, only thing is that I am terrified of rebooting because after I selected what I need, reboot, the computer kept rebooting to the reboot screen, safe mode , or start normally , that mode, I after so many scares, used " last known working .... forgot the rest  Huh, well it booted fine, and changes were beautifully applied, only now I dare not shut my computer or reboot , until am sure what caused that ... I didn't ask CSC to reboot automatically or ..the Terminate application if unresponsive, so after I post this I'll restart and let you know what happens...

Is everything fine? or do you still have remaining issue's?
I'm unsure if all your situation was resolved...

Any other issues please dont hesitate to PM me (Also another mod if you wish) or create another topic

Jake
Thanks....Jake

I'm Offline!

Offline PeaceWave

• Comodo Loves me
  • NobleArab
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 03:09:02 AM »
Dear Jake

Is everything fine? or do you still have remaining issue's?
I'm unsure if all your situation was resolved...

I am absolutly positivly fine, and my computer is flaming hot, and working as best as ever, ( many thanks and appreciation to you dear cool guy ) reboot is under 3 second I get control on everything , and you were right, and thank you , I have both of CSC's running on my PC right now 3 and 1 , I think I missed up somewhere even though I think it might've been the same version different build that I was trying to run simultaneously ,

I also thank you for addressing every issue I presented , I wish for Comodo the best, and I can't wait to see what they'll come up with next  ;D

Any other issues please dont hesitate to PM me (Also another mod if you wish) or create another topic

Maaaan, You and the other cool moderators are some of the reasons I love COMODO
Thank you very much and I really believe that you could be an asset to comodo, and to us a life saver, and I wish ya all the best man,

I was very reluctant to PM any mod , because I understand that You guys are too busy, and I really don't post anything until I've looked every where for a solution , but you really make me feel welcomed by saying that .. so god bless you ..

Comodo Will Introduce better tweaks in CSC later on, as of right now they are focusing on cleaning the computer first! then worrying about change configurations to increase speed or usabilty for the user.

Yeeeess, Thank you for telling me that, because I was wondering, I even thought that they shifted those tweaks to another product .. because they are really great and they do better the computer, I always knew especially after this issue I had with the restrictions .. It is true, for COMODO the sky is the limit, thanks to them and people like you Jake, you're going to be winners no doubt ,.. one other thing I find really awesome that Comodo does, is the Help files, they are beautiful ,.. clutter free, informative, user friendly , I only hope they get better ...

again , always and forever

Thank you a million dear Jake

best regards

Mazin

Offline Jacob

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 03:12:44 AM »
I was very reluctant to PM any mod , because I understand that You guys are too busy, and I really don't post anything until I've looked every where for a solution , but you really make me feel welcomed by saying that .. so god bless you ..

We are not that busy! We do take time to help Comodo and their Users! but we have a wonderful and fun time doing so.

Well You Have a wonderful day! and If you are not on again;
Merry Christmas to you!

Thank You and God Bless You Too !

Jake
Thanks....Jake

I'm Offline!

Offline PeaceWave

• Comodo Loves me
  • NobleArab
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 03:21:15 AM »
We are not that busy! We do take time to help Comodo and their Users! but we have a wonderful and fun time doing so.

Well You Have a wonderful day! and If you are not on again;
Merry Christmas to you!

Thank You and God Bless You Too !

Jake

Well, You've been a whole lot fat awesome help and aid, so thank you, and dontcha ever change, don't think you'll ever well, but had to say it ..  :D :D :D

Merry Christmas Jake and the happiest of days

I was looking at your profile, so am still here  ;D ;D ;D

and I'll certainly see you around man ,.. do you think Santa is gonna get you that new computer ??

O0
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 03:23:45 AM by PeaceWave »

Offline Jacob

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 03:26:27 AM »
Well, You've been a whole lot fat awesome help and aid, so thank you, and dontcha ever change, don't think you'll ever well, but had to say it ..  :D :D :D

Merry Christmas Jake and the happiest of days

I was looking at your profile, so am still here  ;D ;D ;D

and I'll certainly see you around man ,.. do you think Santa is gonna get you that new computer ??

O0

Nope, I dont think so, lol

I'm running on 256MB Ram with 1.1Ghz CPU but the thing is i have a lot of space! (1TB HD)

New PC would be a HUGE Plus! Especially will allow me to use VM's so i can help even more users by installing different products and expanding my knowledge and know how.

also more Ebooks to study from! :)

Jake
Thanks....Jake

I'm Offline!

Offline PeaceWave

• Comodo Loves me
  • NobleArab
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 03:43:43 AM »
I just wish ya the best dude

who knows you may one day get your own Tech company, and focus on those privacy software it seems that
there's not enough around, that should give you some edge ..

Happy holiday man, and easy on those ginger bread and X-mas food, they're kinda addictive,..
 :D :D :D :D

and hit the gym more often  ;D ;D ;D

sometimes I wish I could live in the gym, but I just get lasy,..  ;D ;D

allrity, am so happy that my PC is running beautifully, now I need to make me a whole large pot of tea, and enjoy it,.. and so I will , thanx to your help, so my man, if I don't see ya today, I'll see ya soon, hopefully with NOoo PC problems ....  ;D ;D

Mazin

Offline Jacob

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 03:48:52 AM »
Ok :) Take Care!

Thread is closed!
Original Issue is Resolved!

Please Create another topic or PM a moderator!

Jake
Thanks....Jake

I'm Offline!

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek