Author Topic: Comodo Dragon's "Dragon.exe" Possibly Deleted After DivX Install?  (Read 2127 times)

Offline Vashnik

For some reason, between the time of closing Dragon's browser (with the option to save session and open when dragon starts back up) to shortly after DivX was updated, Dragon's exe file was permanently deleted. Is there a way to find out what program deleted dragon.exe? I will be reporting this to DivX (divx.com) as well (as soon as the forum comes back up). The only activity I am was aware of between that time was DivX's updates being installed. It couldn't have lasted more than 5 minutes.

Has anyone else experienced/reported this or was I just unlucky to have this happen? I've never had a program get deleted from my computer until today.

I'm using Windows 7 SP1. I am using ESET Smart Security 5 as my security. I checked the quarantine and Dragon.exe was not moved there. ESET didn't catch anything malicious from DivX. I didn't see any suspicious processes in the Task Manager (elevated to Administration). I had to run the Dragon installer and downgrade from 9.1 to 9.0. (Upon closing Dragon so I can restart my computer from Windows Update, Dragon will be back to 9.1).

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Dragon's "Dragon.exe" Possibly Deleted After DivX Install?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 11:50:30 AM »
The only way to find out is to have the installation of Dragon up and running, then install the before last version of DivX and update it again. See if you can reproduce this.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek