Unable to access users folder on mounted backup

I used CBU to backup my Win7 laptop to a NAS. Through my new computer, running Win8.1, I mounted the .cbu file so that I could access a specific file that I needed from the backup. However, when I try to access anything within the “users” folder I get an error message that “You don’t currently have permission to access this folder. Click continue to permanently get access to this folder.”
Doing so results in “You have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder you will need to access the security tab.”
Next error message “You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this object. Click advanced to continue.”
Following through brings me to the advanced tab which again shows “You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this object. Click continue to attempt the operation with administrative permissions”
This brings up a final message titled “Security” It says “Can’t open access control editor. Unable to perform a security operation on an object that has no associated security.”
Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
Thanks

Ditto for me. Backed up a partition, mounted the backup - now can’t access any of the user files or folders. Anyone got a workaround for this?