Author Topic: Trying to upload a lot of data  (Read 9907 times)

Offline jayhitchcock

Trying to upload a lot of data
« on: April 01, 2012, 07:23:33 PM »
I need some help here because I'm fairly frustrated.  I have been trying for a few days with multiple configurations and I can't get anything backed up online.

I have about 100 GB of data that I just want to slowly trickle up to the storage but I can't get past a couple of hours of activity before I get an 175 error.

I have a Windows Home Server v1 that I'm trying to pull data off and up to this service.  Originally I was trying to run a backup job from my WHS to my desktop, then from my desktop to the online backup but that didn't work.  I was able to get the data off the WHS no problem but the upload would always fail.

Found a thread on here for the Beta that allows network shares to be backed up, perfect, saves me a step.  Everything starts fine with that, files are being backed up but after a couple of hours it just fails.  I've gotten to the point now where I have a dumb stripped down computer with nothing but XP sp3 and Comodo software on it to handle the backup and it still fails.

250GB for 100 bucks per year is very reasonable, but not if I can't use the space.

Any tips for uploading 100 GB of photos and home movies?  Some of the movies are large too (HD camera) so is there a files size limitation that may be killing this thing?

I'm sorry if I don't have enough information in here to assist you in helping but but please just ask for any detail and I'll supply them, I'm at my wits end.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
Re: Trying to upload a lot of data
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 07:44:46 AM »
Hi,

There are no file size limitations.
Please collect the debug logs when the issue happens so we can determine cause of this issue.

Thanks
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline w-e-v

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • BETA FORCE MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 10:05:12 AM »
Are your 100GB located in your PC or are they stored in an external Hard Drive?

I am asking because I found out that after a few hours, the external Hard Drive would stop by itself because it didnt detected activity (while it was really uploading huge amount of data).

I would suggest that you try to do the upload straight from your PC and see if you have the same problem.

Offline jayhitchcock

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 11:39:26 AM »
Thanks to both of you for a response.

Emanuel: I will do that as soon as I get home today and attach to a post, thanks.

w-e-v: Nope it's data sitting on a Windows Home Server (V1) that sits on my network.  I've set up a "robot" PC on my network with only Windows XP and Comodo on it.  I don't even have virus software on it because it's only purpose on my network is to run the backup program to pull the data from the server and upload it to the online backup service.

Offline jayhitchcock

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 03:59:19 PM »
Emanuel:

The backup has not failed but I am getting a lot of "cannot process..." messages after an attempt to upload, they don't error out.

Question is, are they uploading or not?

See attached screenshot.

Fingers crossed but I've never been to 3% before, hoping this is now working.  I don't want to run the debug unless it errors out so I'll wait on that.

Offline jayhitchcock

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 05:45:04 AM »
Now I need to know if I'm just wasting my time.  It hasn't progressed past 3% in the past 12 hours, which may be okay because of the large transfer but every single entry is followed by an "unable to process item"

I'm not getting any red X error messages so I want to know for sure.  Is anything being backed up at all?

Offline jayhitchcock

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 03:54:03 PM »
Still no progress past 3% and showing all files as unable to process.  No data shown as uploaded to the online storage.

Attached is the debug as requested, aborted the backup and ran the batch file.

Offline jayhitchcock

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 04:41:31 PM »
Ugh!

As you can see from the screenshot attached I think there's a problem with my storage LUN availability.

Offline wasgij6

• Volunteer Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 10:07:50 PM »
Emanuel should be responding soon. Thanks for attaching the debug information
| Win 8.1 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CFW 7.0.317799.4142 | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 16gb RAM | Samsung 840 Pro SSD |

Offline w-e-v

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • BETA FORCE MEMBER
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 09:00:05 AM »
Ugh!

As you can see from the screenshot attached I think there's a problem with my storage LUN availability.

Emanuel should give some help in this regard.
But you could also try comodo support or email them at backupsupport[at]comodo.com.

If you need further assistance or something else on where we can help, please let us know.

Offline jayhitchcock

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 09:20:32 AM »
I've had a ticket in for 4 days now.

I feel a little more comfortable that it's taking so long to get back to me knowing that I have a 30 day money back guarantee.  It's getting close to having to exercise that option unfortunately.

Offline jayhitchcock

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 09:42:34 AM »
Here's a new debug for you.  For sh1ts and giggles I decided to try and kick of another backup.  Started at 7:16, data was flowing and uploading successfully then wham-o at 7:33 failed with 175 error.

See attached debug log.

Offline w-e-v

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • BETA FORCE MEMBER
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 03:22:30 PM »
I've had a ticket in for 4 days now.

I feel a little more comfortable that it's taking so long to get back to me knowing that I have a 30 day money back guarantee.  It's getting close to having to exercise that option unfortunately.

could you please use another backup service (such as dropbox) as free version, and see if you backup goes further. That way we will know if the problem resides in the service itself or somewhere else.
I suggest you do this while you await a support response.

Offline jayhitchcock

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 05:18:17 PM »
There is nothing wrong with the software, it does backups locally perfectly and completes without issue, even across my internal network.  Any time I try to backup online it fails after some time of showing successful transactions.

I have used Skydrive and Dropbox successfully but they don't have the space I require.

EDIT: Come to think of it, now that you asked, I successfully backed up and restored to Comodo Online Backup's free trial before I made my purchase and it worked without issue.  Now that I'm trying to throw 100GB at it, it calves every time.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 05:48:00 PM by jayhitchcock »

Offline w-e-v

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • BETA FORCE MEMBER
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 08:19:15 PM »
Ok! Now we do have a reference path.
It might be the account specific, or maybe something at the internet connection level after a few GBs uploaded.

Are you interested on trying with a completely new account? If you do, send me a PM and ill send you a new key.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek