Author Topic: More spam, it makes me wonder.  (Read 5945 times)

Offline Anando

More spam, it makes me wonder.
« on: August 18, 2006, 04:00:15 AM »
Since a short while I installed CPF. Of course I left my e-mailadres with Comodo.
A few days later I started to receive a lot of spam, while in the past I received hardly any.
3 questions;
Is this maybe just coincidence?
Does Comodo deliver my e-mailadres to others?
What is Comodo's policy with the privacy of my e-mailadres?

I hope someone can enlighten this newbe.

http://

Offline DoomScythe

• Comodo's Hero
Re: More spam, it makes me wonder.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 05:42:12 AM »
Hi Anando,

I think it is more probably a coincidence. I gave Comodo my e-mail address as well but I don't notice any spike in the amount of spam that I received. I don't think Comodo will ever sell our e-mail address as their main aim is to sell TRUST to consumers. If they do sell our e-mail address, I bet 90% or may be 100% of the people in this forum will leave Comodo and I will probably be the first.

As for Comodo's privacy policy, I am not too sure about it.

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 07:45:20 AM »
Since a short while I installed CPF. Of course I left my e-mailadres with Comodo.
A few days later I started to receive a lot of spam, while in the past I received hardly any.
3 questions;

We would never do such a thing!!!!

Melih

Offline Justin L.

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 10:46:09 AM »
We would never do such a thing!!!!

Melih

There you have it, right from the CEO.
Windows 8 64-bit; Intel Core i3 2350 [at] 2.30 GHz w/ 6GB RAM
CIS 6.1.276867.2813 - Complete

comicfan2000

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 01:03:07 AM »
3 questions;

Just a note from me, I have been using Comodo for a time now and I don't recieve any spam besides the typical ones that I have gotten over the last year, nothing new, nothing more. I don't think Comodo would have an anti-spam program if they intended delivery of it.  ;)

Cheers,

Paul

Offline DoomScythe

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 11:16:14 AM »
Just a note from me, I have been using Comodo for a time now and I don't recieve any spam besides the typical ones that I have gotten over the last year, nothing new, nothing more. I don't think Comodo would have an anti-spam program if they intended delivery of it.  ;)

Cheers,

Paul

Hahah Paul, who knows? May be Comodo is sending all those spams to get people to download their anti-spam program. This way, they are able to jack up the number of downloads of their products.  ;D

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

p/s: Of course I'm joking.  ;) Anyway, really miss this forum. Just got my Visa done today. Damn tired after 4 hours of bus ride.

comicfan2000

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 02:54:05 PM »
Hahah Paul, who knows? May be Comodo is sending all those spams to get people to download their anti-spam program. This way, they are able to jack up the number of downloads of their products.  ;D

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

p/s: Of course I'm joking.  ;) Anyway, really miss this forum. Just got my Visa done today. Damn tired after 4 hours of bus ride.

That's alright, I have way more posts than you now, lollll.  ;) (kidding) Welcome back Doomspice!  ;)
I couldn't start college yet due to a flaw in my financial papers, have to wait till next week. loll, yes the ummm....marketing scheme to get some to use a FREE product must be working, lol. I did in fact get spam yesterday, I opened it, cut it up, put it on bread, and slathered it with mustard...I wonder what that stuff is made of anyway?  ;)

Cheers,

Paul
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 02:58:29 PM by comicfan2000 »

Offline DoomScythe

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 10:20:42 AM »
Damn, your post counts are ahead of mine by so much. Really must be more active. Heheheheh. :D

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek