Author Topic: How to Protect Your Online Privacy  (Read 16940 times)

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: How to Protect Your Online Privacy
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 08:54:05 PM »
At 5718Dewey. Please don't cross post. If your topic does not get attention you can bump it every 24 hrs to keep it visible.

Offline 5718Dewey

• Comodo Member
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 09:16:54 PM »
Sorry re; that I did not do it to be malicious . I am a newbie at this . I will look before I leap next ttime . Thank you for the heads up 5718Dewey :P0l :P

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 12:34:07 PM »
Thank you for understanding and enjoy your time here at the Comodo forums.  :-TU :)

Offline q4knowledge

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 04:18:30 PM »
Can these services prevent against scripts tracking you? Don't say disable all scripts because 90%+ of the websites I visit use them.

Offline Chiron

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 04:35:02 PM »
Can these services prevent against scripts tracking you? Don't say disable all scripts because 90%+ of the websites I visit use them.
DNT+ may help with that, but for the truly paranoid it's necessary to use ScriptNo or NotScripts. Both of these services allow you to relatively easily make a whitelist of necessary scripts.

If anyone knows of another method please let me know.

Offline turnorburn

• Comodo's Hero
  • Saved by grace and grace alone
    • the4gospels.net
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2012, 11:54:09 AM »
You might find this extension interesting, call it a multipurpose application..

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/notrace/?src=search

About this Add-on

NoTrace implements a supportive, comprehensive and improved approach for privacy protection to allow users to be aware of the risks of their navigation and to give them full control on effective actions to address online privacy threats.
NoTrace exhibits the following features:
1) Supportive privacy protection: it provides support for (novice and expert) users, awareness about privacy loss and personalized recommendations to limit it.
2) Comprehensiveness: it addresses several malicious activities by providing, all in one, opportune countermeasures, whereas each of them is singularly provided by other popular extensions in this field. It also provides techniques to discover harmful activities through content-based filtering mechanisms and to limit the diffusion of personal identifiable information.
3) Effectiveness: Detection of malicious objects and awareness about their privacy infringements. The tool is based on a detailed analysis and implementation of different privacy protection techniques to limit the diffusion of various bits of information to third party sites.

turnorburn

Psalm 16:11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Offline treefrogs

• Comodo's Hero
  • Money.... it's a crime
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2012, 07:45:26 AM »
Until very recently I stayed away from chromium browsers cos of the lack of cookie control and not having an effective NoScript alternative.
Since CIS 6's release and seeing how well CD fits within it I decided to take another look at CD
ScriptNo has now been ugdated/upgraded to ScriptSafe and I gotta say I'm impressed  :-TU
with ScriptSafe I can now get a relatively good score at panopticlick https://panopticlick.eff.org/ which previously always showed CD as been unique.
I have also added Vanila and Tab Cookies https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search-extensions/cookies?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon along with bookmarking cookies and site data for easy access I feel I can finally be confident of my privacy using CD routed through a non-logging VPN
I also use Ghostery and Ad block
Windows 7 x64
CIS 6 - fully virtual/HIPS enabled
Virtual Dragon
Cyberfox

Offline Chiron

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2012, 12:30:46 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. I've now added ScriptSafe instead of ScriptNo.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek