Author Topic: What happened???? Forum or fanpage?  (Read 3806 times)

Offline spainach_12

• Comodo's Hero
What happened???? Forum or fanpage?
« on: April 28, 2012, 09:53:39 AM »
I've been inactive for quite some time and getting back, I get this strange unfamiliar, almost hostile environment in the forums... A lot of uhm...I dislike the term fanboyism; it's a little degrading...well, let's just say comodo gained a lot of fans. While this ought to sound good, it's really getting scary now. Lots of requests that make no sense to me at all (but are getting crowd support nonetheless), and hostility all around for people criticizing comodo with not even considering on what has been said or presenting any sensible arguments.

(I'm) Quite concerned really. A bit saddening, too since this forums was one of the most welcoming and constructive few. But now, it pretty much looks like a fanpage.

Hm...Maybe I'm just overthinking it. Let me see...a lot of people asking for comodo to make an alternative for everything. I've found:
1. requests for office
2. other browser variant
3. an all-in-one suite (which is getting a lot of support, surprisingly. A few months ago people hated bloated software but now people are demanding it. :o)
4. an os
5. hardware
6. other security product (though this is still acceptable. Alright, I'll let it slip)
7. a few others I couldn't quite get what they wanted to happen.

and there are also meaningless vents/responses/ungrounded statements against critics of aforementioned products and current products including but not limited to:
1. Dragon
2. CCE
3. CIS
4. Comodo itself

while there are heavy criticisms on other security products such as
1. Norton
2. TrendMicro
3. AVG
4. other firewalls
with some of them being a little too obvious that they have not even tried these  products.

Maybe I'm just seeing too much of the bad side(s). I don't know. Strange day today.
If you want to change the system, you need to learn how to break it.

Windows 7 Starter dualboot BodhiLinux | BitDefender AV Free| Windows Firewall | NTFS File Permissions | Commandline | Spider Senses

Offline kail

• Mostly Benevolent
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
Re: What happened???? Forum or fanpage?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 01:36:55 PM »
Moderator note: A members post/reply to this topic was considered to be in violation of the forum policy (8.2 Unacceptable behaviours and content - Flaming). As such that post was split from this topic and moved to the Forum Policy Violation Board.

mod edit: clarification
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 05:40:21 PM by kail »
My System Details: W8Px64 with CIS 6, Firefox 26 & Becky! 2.65
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline Upholder

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 03:54:22 PM »
I find Spainach's post to be both polite and well presented.
As a newcomer (I've been using CAV for about 3 weeks) but as someone who's been roaming this forums with attention, it's a bit off putting to see a (what I consider) constructive criticism being jailed.

Just my two cents.
Happy people are here to deceive us

Offline John Buchanan

• The greatest victory comes from the battle within.
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Personal Dragons can be defeated. Improve yourself
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 04:16:21 PM »
Please read Forum Policy. This decision is upheld and final!
Please follow Comodo Forum Policy

Online captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 05:03:44 PM »
I find Spainach's post to be both polite and well presented.
As a newcomer (I've been using CAV for about 3 weeks) but as someone who's been roaming this forums with attention, it's a bit off putting to see a (what I consider) constructive criticism being jailed.

Just my two cents.
Hi and welcome upholder,
Please note the above Moderator note (From Kail) was not aimed at the opening poster, it was in regards to the reply to the opening post found here.
Thanks.
Edit: Removed unnecessary content.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 06:50:40 PM by captainsticks »
A good read guaranteed.
Forum Policy - Updated on January 3, 2013
PrivDog: The Dog that not only barks at uninvited guests, but rather destroys the intruder.

Offline Upholder

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 05:34:23 PM »
Thanks Captainsticks for the clarification.
Thanks John for the exclamation mark.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 05:38:05 PM by upholder »
Happy people are here to deceive us

Online captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 05:37:32 PM »
Thanks Captainsticks for the clarification.
You are welcome. :)
A good read guaranteed.
Forum Policy - Updated on January 3, 2013
PrivDog: The Dog that not only barks at uninvited guests, but rather destroys the intruder.

Offline kail

• Mostly Benevolent
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 03:59:04 PM »
Moderator note: Yet another members post/reply to this topic was considered to be in violation of the forum policy (8.2 Unacceptable behaviours and content - Flaming). As such that post was split from this topic and moved to the Forum Policy Violation Board.

This time a direct link is included because the member seemed to be unaware of certain facts that implied that he hadn't seen his previous removed post.

How to appeal against Moderators decisions
My System Details: W8Px64 with CIS 6, Firefox 26 & Becky! 2.65
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline spainach_12

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 08:40:57 AM »
If I may be so frank, I would like to make a remark on my post (seeing that it did spew an uncalled for dilemma among member(s) and moderators).

First and foremost, what this post indicates are observations and as such, commentaries are welcomed however:

1. This post was mostly rhetorical. To agree or not to agree was merely one point. The general intention was to promote change (if and only if it is needed).
2. I do not, by all intents and purposes, make a general statement, much worse a conclusion, that all members of this forum is a fan of comodo (of course, I am well aware that the moderators were not pertaining to me, but nonetheless, to prevent any confusion should there be any existing or will be).
3. If I may be so bold as to propose to all readers to avoid flaming and unnecessary debates that should your statement be misunderstood (since, of course, it was your statement and therefore, what you thought it meant --  regardless of what grammar and syntax dictates it means -- your intention and meaning must rationally be the correct meaning, and any other meaning deviating from the intended meaning is a misunderstanding), you must be the first to understand that perhaps it is language that is causing the misunderstanding. The wisest thing to do is to rephrase your statement as you see it fit. PMing a moderator or any other person you deem knowledgeable in such concerns and asking for help in rephrasing is your best option.
4. Despite the seemingly imposing rules of a forum, the idea of a forum does not contradict the idea of democracy or free speech in particular. The idea of free speech is to be able to voice out opinions openly. However, being a concept born out of Democracy, it must not under any circumstance limit the rights of others to free speech. It is therefore necessary that free speech be granted only to those that abide by the concept of democracy and that is to honor the RIGHTS (as opposed to freedom which is highly contradictory) of a person, including his right to uphold his dignity. Therefore, one must care not to demoralize, degrade, accuse or bear false witness to another should one wish to be granted his right to free speech.
5. One cannot make a conclusion without making any attempt to experience what has been claimed and basing off only on comments found elsewhere. YOUR opinion is needed and not others'.

The length of my post is perhaps intimidating, but reading everything helps and is greatly appreciated.

Have a good day.
If you want to change the system, you need to learn how to break it.

Windows 7 Starter dualboot BodhiLinux | BitDefender AV Free| Windows Firewall | NTFS File Permissions | Commandline | Spider Senses

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek