Author Topic: The reason why I left - eXPerience  (Read 43987 times)

Offline Rednose

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: The reason for leaving - eXPerience
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2010, 02:15:49 PM »
IF that is what happened.

This topic is all the information we have, and as far as I can see it is Melih's word against that from Xan.

Greetz, Red.

Offline patrice58

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2010, 03:20:32 PM »
Melih tho a word to the good, you had better make sure 100 per cent if was him cause if not you have just blamed one of your better mods and to be honest he was one of your cheerleaders.  To be honest if that was me and I knew it was not me then that is a pretty bitter pill to swallow. In saying that if it was then..............
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

Offline LaserWraith

• pillow fighting fool
  • Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I'm going to go out with a bang
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2010, 04:08:56 PM »
I was talking to Xan (eXPerience) and he said he didn't do that and it was just Comodo wanting to blame someone.  :P

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2010, 04:31:29 PM »
It wasn't an easy decision of course. MRG guys confirmed that they have the confidential data from our Mod's section.

And Xan went and posted yet another confidential quote from Egemen in our Mod's section in this thread.

10) For this I'm just going to quote Egemen :
I am receiving GENUINE threat reports from people every month and we do not mind our product being bypassed.
etc, etc...

I really think its NOT ok to abuse the trust one places on the others, no matter how and when.

Melih

Offline JaMokey

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo Loves me
  • Electro-Mechanical Assembler at Hologic
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2010, 05:32:19 PM »
Wwweeeelllll....thats why you never break forum rules! If you do you asking to lose your place! : :D
I do not have time, nor the patience, to deal with people who can not use Google properly.

Offline asp

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2010, 07:34:59 PM »
I am surprised at the direction this issue is taking.  I'm a very casual participant in the ongoing dialogue on the Forum but I am a full time user of some Comodo products.  For me the greatest issue in this debate is security. If the integrity of the security product I employ is compromised due to the failure of the development team or any other associated group because they cannot work together in the best interest of the goal of achieving a secure high quality product I must be prepared to look else where.
Thanks, Comodo it been great and I appreciate the opportunity to use your products but I think I'll migrate my system to one of the alternative Security Suites. 

Offline JaMokey

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo Loves me
  • Electro-Mechanical Assembler at Hologic
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2010, 07:38:23 PM »
I am surprised at the direction this issue is taking.  I'm a very casual participant in the ongoing dialogue on the Forum but I am a full time user of some Comodo products.  For me the greatest issue in this debate is security. If the integrity of the security product I employ is compromised due to the failure of the development team or any other associated group because they cannot work together in the best interest of the goal of achieving a secure high quality product I must be prepared to look else where.
Thanks, Comodo it been great and I appreciate the opportunity to use your products but I think I'll migrate my system to one of the alternative Security Suites. 

*sigh* :/
I do not have time, nor the patience, to deal with people who can not use Google properly.

Offline patrice58

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2010, 07:59:10 PM »
It wasn't an easy decision of course. MRG guys confirmed that they have the confidential data from our Mod's section.

And Xan went and posted yet another confidential quote from Egemen in our Mod's section in this thread.
etc, etc...

I really think its NOT ok to abuse the trust one places on the others, no matter how and when.

Melih

Hopefully they have isp logs and such that you have verified.
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

Offline Guillermo391

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2010, 09:31:35 PM »

etc, etc...

Melih

OK, so its true Egemen responded that.
So, thanks for making my decision easy.

By the way I think Exp. has more credibility in this forums than Melih.

So, goodbye Comodo.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 09:36:16 PM by Guillermo391 »

Offline Bad Frogger

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2010, 09:46:23 PM »
Guillermo391,

All of this controversy aside.

If your reaction is based on this quote.
"we do not mind our product being bypassed."

This is very much out of context.
ie: Does not mean what it seems to imply at face value.

Bad
CIS    Firefox  NoScript  Please remember to follow The Forum Policy.

Offline kail

• Mostly Benevolent
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2010, 10:07:56 PM »
Goodbye Guillermo391.

For the rest, as Bad says, Xan's citation of Egemen's statement does need clarification.

I don't believe Xan genuinely ever did understand what Egemen's response was in reply to (ie. the all important context). Egemen was, in fact, merely responding to Xan's general criticism that he didn't take any failure/criticism very well and tended to attack/humiliate the people that generated the said failure/criticism (ie. point 5 on Xan's list).

The bold text was added later by Xan to highlight what he wanted show. Whilst, the uppercase GENUINE was added by Egemen, at the time of posting, to highlight something not addressed here.

So, that is the context that Egemen said..

I am receiving GENUINE threat reports from people every month and we do not mind our product being bypassed.

I hope this clarifies the statement. The context was testing, not real world situations, and being upset due to products being bypassed.

edit: typos, missing words, etc..
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 10:25:42 PM by kail »
My System Details: W8Px64 with CIS 6, Firefox 26 & Becky! 2.65
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline hammersmith

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2010, 11:00:36 PM »
Goodbye Guillermo391.

For the rest, as Bad says, Xan's citation of Egemen's statement does need clarification.

I don't believe Xan genuinely ever did understand what Egemen's response was in reply to (ie. the all important context). Egemen was, in fact, merely responding to Xan's general criticism that he didn't take any failure/criticism very well and tended to attack/humiliate the people that generated the said failure/criticism (ie. point 5 on Xan's list).

The bold text was added later by Xan to highlight what he wanted show. Whilst, the uppercase GENUINE was added by Egemen, at the time of posting, to highlight something not addressed here.

So, that is the context that Egemen said..

I hope this clarifies the statement. The context was testing, not real world situations, and being upset due to products being bypassed.

edit: typos, missing words, etc..

He said he does not give a ratsass if the product is bypassed.
Damn,if you are going to run interference,do better than that.
The CoolAid is not that good.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2010, 11:17:55 PM »
He said he does not give a ratsass if the product is bypassed.
dang,if you are going to run interference,do better than that.
The CoolAid is not that good.

which product was he talking about?

Melih

Offline Kyle

• Comodo's Hero
Why oh why are people arguing about Xan's reasons for leaving!!?? Hell, Just say cya- take care.
This conversation is increasingly argumentative and is not constructive at all.  :-TD

Windows 7 x64
AMD FX 8120, 8gb ram, ATI 6870 1gb

Offline slangen

• Comodo Family Member
This is eXactly y i love comodo. The drama, the intrigue, the innuendoes, the mystique, the suspicion, the wash dirty linen in public...awesome stuff.

We get this once a year; I dont even need to watch reality tv.....ever. Melih reminds me of Steinbrenner...and I love it when someone gets fired. They always come back to give their side of the view and then we have the real deal.

Serious Note:
1. to those guys who are reading this thread and un-installing comodo products  = if you were working for me i'd fire your ass out. you have 0 idea about system protection if you go by personalities. If a virus was made by a handicapped/extremely poor/from a 3rd world country/crime victim/etc person would you install it so that he/she could make money? its better to stay quiet and let people believe that you are wise than open your mouth and convince them you are a fool.

2. to xan - dude nice knowing ya. if you are a teenager let this be a nice lesson fairy early on in life.  :a0 best of luck playa.

3. to melih - honestly you are totally like steinbrenner.

4. to partice58 - man i share your curiosity.  ;D

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek