Author Topic: cursor/touchpad moves uncontrollably sometimes  (Read 15101 times)

Offline ganda

• thermodynamic defier
  • Comodo's Hero
cursor/touchpad moves uncontrollably sometimes
« on: April 27, 2010, 08:12:28 PM »
i just bought an HP mini 210-1000 netbook  88)

now i have this problem. at first i thought it has something to do with bricopack,so i removed brico pack but the problem still occurs.

any idea?  :-La

i can just reset the touch pad & fix the issue but not sure if it's permanent or temporary 

soyabeaner

Re: cursor/touchpad moves uncontrollably sometimes
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 08:38:53 PM »
Did you forget to install comodo security?

Offline ganda

• thermodynamic defier
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 09:05:12 PM »
Did you forget to install comodo security?
due to my slow internet connection & unavailability of offline installer, i'm forced to use avast & PCtools firewall x_x

you think it's virus?

ow, and the RESET DEVICES button didn't permanently solve the problem  88)

btw, if i disable the touchpad & use optical mouse instead, the problem's gone. so i think it's the touchpad issue. you think it's damaged? T_T

Offline ganda

• thermodynamic defier
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 08:12:55 PM »
any thought  :'(

Offline languy99

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 08:19:33 PM »
I would say you have a bad touch pad, the only thing you can try is to download the touchpad software, uninstall the old one restart and reinstall to see if that fixes it.
http://www.youtube.com/languy99

Software Reviews for all.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/languy99

soyabeaner

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 08:49:06 PM »
due to my slow internet connection & unavailability of offline installer, i'm forced to use avast & PCtools firewall x_x
There's your problem.

you think it's virus?
I'm joking (:TNG)

It might be tricky to uninstall the driver (I tried it on my work laptop) because Windows keeps reinstalling with its auto hardware detection, but you can at least update to the latest version.  But judging from the date, it doesn't look like your version is really old.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 08:51:21 PM by Soyabeaner »

Offline wozofoz

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 09:36:34 PM »
Just a thought, just in case  :)
Do you have the same options as in the images below and have you tried adjusting them ?

I had TouchPad problems when I first got my Netbook
I would be using the TouchPad then my cursor would start doing a dopey dance around the screen so I would move my hand away from the TouchPad but the dance would continue for a few more seconds. (I put this down to the high humidity factor but I could be wrong)

For me there was a combination of being in an area with high humidity (Touch Sensitivity) and accidental contact (PalmCheck) which meant I had all sorts of problems with the TouchPad until I made some adjustments.

There is no one correct setting for the TouchPad, just trial and error.

Now my TouchPad works perfectly and I haven't used a mouse in over a year  ;D

All the best, woz of oz
Acer Aspire One NetBook
AOA150 ZG5 • XP Home  SP3 • RAM: 1GB • Processor: Intel 1.6 GHz Atom • BIOS (updated): 0.3309 • WiFi

Offline ganda

• thermodynamic defier
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 10:42:03 PM »
I would say you have a bad touch pad, the only thing you can try is to download the touchpad software, uninstall the old one restart and reinstall to see if that fixes it.
It might be tricky to uninstall the driver (I tried it on my work laptop) because Windows keeps reinstalling with its auto hardware detection, but you can at least update to the latest version.  But judging from the date, it doesn't look like your version is really old.
duh? it's a new laptop.
yep, i deleted/uninstalled the touchpad via system/device manager, reboot and it automatically reinstalled.
Just a thought, just in case  :)
Do you have the same options as in the images below and have you tried adjusting them ?

I had TouchPad problems when I first got my Netbook
I would be using the TouchPad then my cursor would start doing a dopey dance around the screen so I would move my hand away from the TouchPad but the dance would continue for a few more seconds. (I put this down to the high humidity factor but I could be wrong)

For me there was a combination of being in an area with high humidity (Touch Sensitivity) and accidental contact (PalmCheck) which meant I had all sorts of problems with the TouchPad until I made some adjustments.

There is no one correct setting for the TouchPad, just trial and error.

Now my TouchPad works perfectly and I haven't used a mouse in over a year  ;D

All the best, woz of oz
i changed the setting. thx for the info. let's see if it works :)

soyabeaner

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 09:07:18 AM »
duh? it's a new laptop.

Sorry.  Your definition of new might be different from ours.  For example, you could have bought it from a friend (like you normally do per the forum problematic stories in the past).  Though technically "used", it's "new" to you ;D.

Offline ganda

• thermodynamic defier
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 08:11:32 PM »
Sorry.  Your definition of new might be different from ours.  For example, you could have bought it from a friend (like you normally do per the forum problematic stories in the past).  Though technically "used", it's "new" to you ;D.
>:(

anywho...my touchpad sucks  88)
it's still non responsive. i still have to reset the device everytime the touchpad gets naughty  88)

now i'm downloading the synaptic driver here:
http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers

« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 08:45:21 PM by gandazilla »

soyabeaner

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 08:29:41 PM »
it's still non responsive.
huh ??? first you complain it was jerking on its own, now you complain it doesn't move at all 88)

You know what this means.  It's Hammer Time!

i still have to reset the device everytime the touchpad gets naughty  88)
Maybe you have to respond in kind by being naughty yourself and touch it on the right spot ;D.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 08:44:15 PM by Soyabeaner »

Offline ganda

• thermodynamic defier
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 08:52:21 PM »
huh ??? first you complain it was jerking on its own, now you complain it doesn't move at all 88)
moving on its own is one kind of naughty disobedience  ;D ,now it's just non responsive, i still can move it, but it needs much much more extra effort, i think it has something to do with the palm check/sensitivity setting i did yesterday.

You know what this means.  It's Hammer Time!
Maybe you have to respond in kind by being naughty yourself and touch it on the right spot ;D.
aaah, the hammer.... good ol time.when a thing (in this case: a hammer) is a universal problem solver

soyabeaner

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 05:55:20 AM »
You need to finger it up real good ;D.

why couldn't you have tested something so common before buying these things?

Offline ganda

• thermodynamic defier
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 07:11:29 AM »
why couldn't you have tested something so common before buying these things?
i did use/test this laptop a day after i bought it, and there was no problem (i was still on vacation). and then i went back home, installed brico pack, and then noticed this issue. removed the brico pack already, but didn't solve the problem.

i think the problem's solved now that i reinstalled the driver i took from synaptic website, still not sure though, i'll wait til tomorrow. thx hon  :-*

soyabeaner

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 07:30:10 AM »
And you didn't believe us about recommending the driver update.  For shame.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek