Author Topic: COMODO Live PC Support Wishlist  (Read 43469 times)

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: COMODO Live PC Support Wishlist
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2010, 02:11:47 PM »
If I could ever connect, I tried it but it never connects for me.
What's the error message?
Are you using the latest version?
Can you login into your Comodo account?
avast! team member
Save freeware snapshot technology of Comodo Time Machine. Vote!

Offline intrepid44

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2010, 02:21:43 PM »
What's the error message?
Are you using the latest version?
Can you login into your Comodo account?
I finally got it thnaks, it just took a while to connect, I have to learn to be patient... ;D
WINDOWS 7 64 BIT 8 GIGS RAM 750GIG HARD DRIVE
CIS5 COMPLETE  DEP(enabled) UAC(enabled) SEHOP (enabled)

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2010, 02:46:27 PM »
Great!
avast! team member
Save freeware snapshot technology of Comodo Time Machine. Vote!

Offline cavehomme

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Live PC Support Wishlist
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 05:27:37 AM »
Don't hijack the PC and run silently a cleaning program the first time a person connects with Geekbuddy.

This is not a feature that I appreciate and it risks placing the good name of Comodo amongst the scareware suppliers. My Prevx went crazy and I had no idea what was happening until the agent intervened and stopped it.

A clean needs needs to be explicitly asked and explicitly accepted, not conveyed in a confusing popup message at the begining the first time you use Geekbuddy.
Windows 7 HP 32
Firewall: Windows
AV: CAV, Hitman Pro
Browser: Comodo IceDragon
Comodo DNS enabled

Offline AyeAyeCaptain

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2011, 06:44:49 AM »
Don't hijack the PC and run silently a cleaning program the first time a person connects with Geekbuddy.

This is not a feature that I appreciate and it risks placing the good name of Comodo amongst the scareware suppliers. My Prevx went crazy and I had no idea what was happening until the agent intervened and stopped it.

A clean needs needs to be explicitly asked and explicitly accepted, not conveyed in a confusing popup message at the begining the first time you use Geekbuddy.

I'm sorry but you cannot base your one experience as an opinion/review of LiveSupport as an whole, there was either a mis-understanding, or mistake, we are all human after all. So in turn, your replies to anything in relation to "LiveSupport", is scareware... Sorry but that's just how I feel.
Film Scum Remake
Comodo: Where is your Tool
User: What Tool?
Comodo: This f****** Tool.
Protect Yourself With Comodo...... lol

Offline cavehomme

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2011, 08:15:37 AM »
I'm sorry but you cannot base your one experience as an opinion/review of LiveSupport as an whole, there was either a mis-understanding, or mistake, we are all human after all. So in turn, your replies to anything in relation to "LiveSupport", is scareware... Sorry but that's just how I feel.

Sorry but are you REALLY saying that I CANNOT ake a proposal for improvement of Live Support based on my experience?  I am an experienced PC user for 25 years, used Comodo for 3-4 years, and yes I make mistakes, but the wording is confusing on the first use prompt of geekbuddy, and then it surprisingly goes off and sets of security warnings as a result.

There needs to be an explicit wording and acceptance before it does this. As an experienced user I am saying that in MY OPINON it is not good at the moment.

Windows 7 HP 32
Firewall: Windows
AV: CAV, Hitman Pro
Browser: Comodo IceDragon
Comodo DNS enabled

Offline AyeAyeCaptain

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2011, 08:25:03 AM »
Sorry but are you REALLY saying that I CANNOT ake a proposal for improvement of Live Support based on my experience?  I am an experienced PC user for 25 years, used Comodo for 3-4 years, and yes I make mistakes, but the wording is confusing on the first use prompt of geekbuddy, and then it surprisingly goes off and sets of security warnings as a result.

There needs to be an explicit wording and acceptance before it does this. As an experienced user I am saying that in MY OPINON it is not good at the moment.

I agree with your input to help improve the service provided, it was just the 'scareware, hijjack' words I did not agree with, and this in turn with your other thread where you stated this was based on your one time session with them, that is all... So do not take this as an insult to you, like you, and everyone else... We all have an opinion which we are entitled to have, question and debate. So we don't need to know you have 25 years experience to make you seem more credible... heh heh! Only joking, thanks for your reply to my reply.

PS- My addition to the wishlist.

Although I do not mind, that most programs auto-update silently (if you choose the option or secunia does it etc...) or manually/semi manually... it would be nice to have the option included within LiveSupport for those who choose it, or... have the option when it checks for updates, instead of installing straight away... click one of the two options
1. install now
2. install and remind me later (even set timer?)

bit like SAS, just my bit, put in another way of saying it.... *before you jump on me furiously cavehomme*  ;D
Film Scum Remake
Comodo: Where is your Tool
User: What Tool?
Comodo: This f****** Tool.
Protect Yourself With Comodo...... lol

Offline ozzyoscy

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2011, 10:24:51 AM »
When I got connected to someone (name witheld), I started writing my problem. I assume because I didn't press 'enter' after one minute, the guy ended the session on me!

Judging by the length of time it can take to connect to an operator, I'm sure these guys are a bit busy. However, I think it should be exercised that operators must wait 10 (or 5) minutes for a response, or maybe even some way of them telling when a customer is writing a message (like on MSN/Windows Live Messenger).

I'm only mildly peeved at it, but if I was writing about a problem that was really hindering me or even pissing me off, this would've taken me over the edge and I'd be buying a subscription to ESET, Kaspersky etc. right now. -_-

Offline jay2007tech

• Malware Research Group
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2011, 08:35:24 AM »
A simple place where logs can be found (like it should be placed on the desktop)  <--- I say put the logs on the desktop because the average person wouldn't know where to find log files (In general) AND if there is a issue, the customer can find it and report back the problem with logs available

A separate log for every person that worked on it

It's hard being a crooked Admin when the files won't pass an md5checksum test.  But like any other good crooked Admin it can be done, it just takes time(and lots of it) and a few aspirins

Offline UnKnown.??

• Comodo's Hero
  • Unknown Information
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2012, 05:38:58 PM »
If possiable I would like there to be a FREE version of GeekBuddy.  (:CLP)
Windows 7 Home Premium/Unknown Software/(?)/{?}/[?]/<?>

Offline w-e-v

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • BETA FORCE MEMBER
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2012, 07:31:30 PM »
I think COMOD LivePCSupport lincense value, should be connected to those who purchase CIS, specially those who purchase CESM (CESM audience its the perfect and correct audience for COMODO LPS afterall).

So why not create a combo?
If someone purchases x number of seats for CESM, then can use CLPS.
If someone purchases x number of seats for CLPS, then can use CESM.

Each product attracts the attention of the personnel to the other product.
I think this is a good way to promote.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek