Author Topic: Blocking IPs Tutorial  (Read 34959 times)

Someone

Re: Blocking IPs Tutorial
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2007, 05:07:25 PM »
You can't take PG2 out of context. I don't think it's for browsing... not with the lists.
And you can choose what kind of lists you want.

Myself, i use no IP-blocker. Specially not going to build my own list, i have better things to do.

Offline LuckyS

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 07:19:59 PM »
You can't take PG2 out of context. I don't think it's for browsing... not with the lists.
And you can choose what kind of lists you want.

Myself, i use no IP-blocker. Specially not going to build my own list, i have better things to do.

Close to a necro-bump but anyway:
If the banes bans are only for browsing the HOSTS Manager would be the better way imho.
It's listed under free tools here:
http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,1731.0.html
(A Bluetack-product as well)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 10:21:17 PM by LuckyS »

Offline cabal

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 03:35:15 AM »
Most block lists software have the option to white list any address you want. This combination ensures that you are able to reach the site you want to. Personally I think these lists are a good and time saving idea as opposed to creating your own. And it's nothing new either. In the beginning days of spam, net blocks where used to cut off entire ranges to punish a Spam host. Sometimes innocent users where locked out from sending/receiving email by this. But it worked fine to prevent these hosts from housing spammers.

Offline Ragwing

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 11:30:48 AM »
(Doesn't run on a LUA, needs to 'Run As...' Administrator.)

Just for your information, you can set up PG to run as a service. This way, it'll work on a limited user account too. ;)

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek