Author Topic: Manual uninstall of CFP 2.x  (Read 225960 times)

Offline pandlouk

• I love Comodo
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Mod
Re: Manual uninstall
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2007, 10:39:22 PM »
Awesome worked like a charm. I take back some of my earlier comments, this really is a good firewall; I hope you fix the uninstall issues in the future though.
:Beer

Offline Filhodobar

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 05:59:02 PM »
I have uninstalled Comodo from my Windows XP, following the steps in this post, but now i can´t open a lot of pages, like www.microsoft.com or www.uol.com.br, as example.

Can you help me?

Offline pandlouk

• I love Comodo
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Mod
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 06:41:13 PM »
I have uninstalled Comodo from my Windows XP, following the steps in this post, but now i can´t open a lot of pages, like www.microsoft.com or www.uol.com.br, as example.

Can you help me?
Do you have installed an IP blocker like peerguardian?
Have you checked your hosts file?

Offline Filhodobar

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 07:15:40 AM »
Hi, Pandlouk... after a lot of registry scans and restoring the system to the default settings, the problem is solved.

Thanks for the attention... Comodo is a great firewall, the best i have tried.

[]´s

Offline scaa

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2007, 07:26:15 AM »
This is a problem of Xp and not of the Comodo Firewall.

For resolving it:

1. At the command line of windows XP  "Start" ->"Run" enter the command "CMD.EXE" and press Enter.
2. At the new window (Command Prompt window), type "NET STOP WINMGMT /Y" and press Enter. Then type "exit" end press Enter again.
3. Then go at the folder C:\windows\system32\wbem and delete the folder "Repository".
4. Reboot windows. The folder will be recreated by the Security Center and will display the correct information. ;) ;D

Is it necessary to restart winmgmt services or does this start automatically after reboot ?

Offline pandlouk

• I love Comodo
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Mod
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 09:07:45 AM »
Is it necessary to restart winmgmt services or does this start automatically after reboot ?

It starts automatically after reboot

Offline Dr.SideLove

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2007, 04:32:07 PM »

For resolving it:

1. At the command line of windows XP  "Start" ->"Run" enter the command "CMD.EXE" and press Enter.
2. At the new window (Command Prompt window), type "NET STOP WINMGMT /Y" and press Enter. Then type "exit" end press Enter again.
3. Then go at the folder C:\windows\system32\wbem and delete the folder "Repository".
4. Reboot windows. The folder will be recreated by the Security Center and will display the correct information. 
I did as adviced here, but it didn't work.
I still can't reinstall Comodo.  I still get this message:

"you seem to be having Comodo firewall installed using older version of installer. Please go to 'start....'and un-install Comodo firewall."

Maybe i can tell you a little bit first why i want to reinstall?
Actually it was not my intention to uninstall Comodo. I had it on my laptop for a while (and still), and as i am quite satisfied by this firewall, i wanted to install it on my PC as well.
However, i guess i made a mistake by not installing it on the same partition as where my operating system is situated. The firewall didn't want to start up.

So, i decided to uninstall it and then reinstall it on the proper partition. Well, that didn't work, i got that message of 'older versin...and so on'.
Then i decided to remove any file that was still on my system, and to remove any registry key still present. So i did, however there is one reg key i can't seem to remove (why?):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDAGENT\0000
      (deviceDesc     REG_SZ    Comodo application Agent)

Maybe this is causing the trouble of reinstall?

I also tried as suggested above, but that din't work as well.

I don't know what i could do next. Could you help me out? Thanks.

soyabeaner

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2007, 04:36:39 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Dr.SideLove.  I don't know if the legacy registry is the problem, but to delete it just right-click on the key (not the value) and set the Permissions to Allow on Full Control.

Offline Dr.SideLove

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2007, 04:45:23 PM »
Thanks, soyabeaner!

I was able to remove the regkey.
Though that didn't seem to be the solution, still can't reinstall.

soyabeaner

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2007, 07:12:48 PM »
Dr.SideLove, I just read through your first post to its entirety (sorry I didn't do that at first) and noticed that you quoted some steps that involved rebuilding Windows' repository directory.  That shouldn't be relevant to uninstalling CFP because it's more for refreshing the Windows Security Center's recognition of CFP's installed status.

Have you tried pandlouk's method on this first post by running the uninstaller?

Offline Dr.SideLove

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2007, 01:24:26 PM »
Yes, i've tried it a second time. It worked, as easy as it is. Don't know what i did wrong the first time?
Anyhow, thanks! Comodo firewall is installed again!

Offline fordracingfan

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2007, 06:31:16 PM »

For resolving it:

4. Reboot windows. The folder will be recreated by the Security Center and will display the correct information. ;) ;D
When i type "NET STOP WINMGMT/Y" it says the system cannot find the path specified.

soyabeaner

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2007, 06:37:18 PM »
When i type "NET STOP WINMGMT/Y" it says the system cannot find the path specified.

I also received an error in the command prompt, "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."

You can run Ewen's script that's free of charge :D

Offline fordracingfan

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2007, 03:59:44 PM »
I also received an error in the command prompt, "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."

You can run Ewen's script that's free of charge :D
When i run his script a window pops up asking if i want to shut down wmi.Should i type yes,and does his script do the rest of the work or will i have to do anything further? Thanks for the link and your help in this matter!

soyabeaner

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2007, 04:02:05 PM »
WMI = Windows Management Instrumentation = Basically the service that controls the Repository directory.  So yes to it.  You'll need to reboot after that to let the directory refresh.  Now the stubborn Security Center will report accurately.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek