Author Topic: Manual uninstall of CFP 2.x  (Read 225367 times)

Offline Dennis2

• Awaiting Admin Approval Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Manual uninstall of CFP 2.x
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2008, 09:07:08 AM »
Pandlouk said:"If you have problems uninstalling or reinstalling CFP, download "comodo Uninstall.zip" and extract both "clicapi.dll" and "fwconfig.exe" in the C: directory.
Then at the command line of windows use the following command:
c:\fwconfig.exe -uninstalln"

WHAT is the C:directory???? I can find no such thing on my computer!! So how do you extract those two files into a C:directory that is not anywhere on the computer?? And is there  supposed to ne an 'n' on the end of uninstall? Will somebody please tell me where the C:directory is and how to extract something 'into' it? We do not all have the same degree of expertise and therefore many things that are understood by some, are 'not understood by others and are completely meaningless!!
Local Disk C:\ screenshot below.
c:\fwconfig.exe -uninstalln    Type exactly as Pandlouk says the way it is written is because it is a DOS Command.
Dennis
Moderator: Aims Forum a friendly place. Any concerns? Please PM me and/or review the Forum Policy 2012Updated.
System:Windows 7 SP1(UAC)x32,LUA, CIS7.0.4132Upgrade,Sandboxie4.08
Vista Home P.(UAC)x32 SP2, LUA, CIS.7.0.4132

yankee1620

« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2008, 10:08:05 AM »
Your picture shows a picture of the disk ...that is my hard drive...how do I extract something into it...??? Winzip has always just extracted things onto my desktop. So how do I extract those two files into the disk on MY Computer??? It is not a directory...it is just a picture of the HD.
Sorry...I know that I am old and stupid but I am still trying to learn how this computer works and I still don't know how to extract those files into the C:directory that is somewhere on my computer. I am very confused about this because it doesn't mean anything to me...

Offline Dennis2

• Awaiting Admin Approval Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2008, 10:39:54 AM »
Your picture shows a picture of the disk ...that is my hard drive...how do I extract something into it...??? Winzip has always just extracted things onto my desktop. So how do I extract those two files into the disk on MY Computer??? It is not a directory...it is just a picture of the HD.
Sorry...I know that I am old and stupid but I am still trying to learn how this computer works and I still don't know how to extract those files into the C:directory that is somewhere on my computer. I am very confused about this because it doesn't mean anything to me...
Winzip /open/click next/click next/select file to unzip/click next/select different folder click on this which I have enclosed in box screenshots below for next steps.
Unzip Now.
Dennis
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 10:42:05 AM by Dennis2 »
Moderator: Aims Forum a friendly place. Any concerns? Please PM me and/or review the Forum Policy 2012Updated.
System:Windows 7 SP1(UAC)x32,LUA, CIS7.0.4132Upgrade,Sandboxie4.08
Vista Home P.(UAC)x32 SP2, LUA, CIS.7.0.4132

yankee1620

« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2008, 11:10:41 AM »
Thank you very much for going to all that trouble, Dennis2!!!!!
I really appreciate it!!!

Offline mo

« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2008, 03:06:15 AM »
Http-in traffic denied - https works.
Hello! I'm running XP and had a lot of trouble after installing Comodo. Previously I uninstalled the older Zonealarm Firewall and some other Products of securitysoftware. I got the problem, that since installing Comodo I had to reboot my computer to have a view minutes of internet http connection. I'm very wondering about the fact, that it's only http incomming and printing that stops working. I tried all to solve. I tried to reconfigure it -  I open all rules or i shut down comodo. At the end I deinstalt commodo - nothing changed the probs. The effect is the same, even I use firefox or internet explorer or something else. I used the advices given here - cleaning up from comodo - no effect. At the beginning I could go back to a securitypoint - that helps. But I tried it once again and now its even not possible to go back to the securitypoint. If I'm booting "safemode with network" everything works fine.
Please help!
- After days of  (:AGY) I got it! The problem was ZoneAlarm. After installing it again, everything works fine. But now - how to uninstall it totaly? I think I have to look in an other forum. But, if someone have an idea, you will make me lucky.
mo
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 08:32:34 AM by mo »

yankee1620

« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2008, 12:32:35 PM »
Pandalouk said: Do you have extracted the 2 files in the C:\  directory? Just put "clicapi.dll" and "fwconfig.exe" in the C:\ directory, not in another folder.

WHERE is this C:\ directory where these files are supposed to be unzipped???

Offline poool

« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2008, 06:04:49 PM »
I registered in 3500 time  only say you : worse rubbish* I never seen. Uninstall this from vista 64 is horror. You say that Widows not Comodo is bad, but not: uninstall Kerio without problem also Fortknox. After uninstall Comodo i have about 10 registry entries infected by this tojan. I try manually delete this entries but Windos report error.
Maybe is here some manual. Try in google "unistall Comodo" -175 000 entries . Because this incredible UNSUCESFULL
rubbish* afflict thousands people on all word. I say you how working good uninstall : you click on button and software maybe ask something but its all. When you try this with comodo you spent hours in manually deleting, asking people on forums and reading tens of pages about HOW UNINSTALL THIS rubbish*. (L)

Offline poool

« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2008, 06:30:37 PM »
After "standalone uninstaller" c:\fwconfig.exe -uninstalln I see in registr
legacy_cmdagent
legacy_cmdguard
legacy_cmdhelp
and its not all
manually delete dont work - its probably rootkit and I havent tools for Vista 64. So what to do with this infection ?
I have so much work years ago with some trojan. Fu*k you. I havent time for this. (V)

Offline gglading

« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2008, 04:50:18 AM »
I can't find Pandlouks original post to download the .zip.

How do I locate it

Offline gglading

« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2008, 05:30:36 AM »
Downloaded the zip .

Extracted , ran uninstall etc , restarted.

can't delete comodo files - access denied in dos , in windows won't delete

Offline panda123456789

« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2008, 03:38:58 PM »
Right then.

I'm afraid i made the mistake of trying to install the firewall onto vista. Found the uninstall problems when I tryed to uninstall it from the "programs and feautures" option Came up saying it couldn't find the config file. Naturally I searched here for a solution. The unzipping process of those two files failed, because even though im a admin on my pc, it said access denied. I then tryed Revo installer (mentioned in one of the posts), and im not entirly sure wether it worked or not. It appears uninstalled, but when I was in the process, it still came up saying the config file isnt working, but Revo carried on.

Please give me an answer because it is a real pain.

Thanks for your time.

Offline fcf

« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2008, 08:48:35 PM »
This is one of the worst computer sagas I have endured.   

Offline GamaFu

« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2008, 01:38:06 AM »
This is one of the worst computer sagas I have endured.   

I installed and used Comodo firewall on my old xp laptop few times before, and uninstalling it is always a pain in the ass... It never uninstalls completely on my pc. Sometimes even though it uninstalls, the security centre still shows Comodo is working, sometimes there's just no way to get rid of it without any painful manual deletes. I think the developers should spend some time to improve this. This is one of the reason why I am reluctant to use it on my new Vista laptop.

EDIT: I notice this thread is for version 2, not the current version 3. Is it still a problem with new version?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 02:45:35 PM by GamaFu »

Offline JIML

« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2008, 10:19:15 AM »
I tried this 5 times and each time I tried to delete "repository" it starts to delete and them windows tells me "error, make sure no other programs are utilizing this. Even if I shut down my anti virus, bo clean etc. and try again, I still get the same message. This is becomming a damn nightmare. Am I doing something wrong?

Offline yaccah

« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2008, 05:10:46 PM »
After trying the comodo uninstall.zip option, i got an error message saying that i don't have administrator level privileges. Here is exactly what i did, at the command line, I entered the following as instructed:

c:\fwconfig.exe -uninstalln

And I get the following message: "YOu do not have administrator level privileges. Please login as administrator or one with equivalent privileges to uninstall Comodo Firewall."

The problem is that I am the administrator and the only person using the system. I want to reinstall comodo v3 on my laptop (running on 32-bit vista business edition). It won'l let me install saying that comodo is still installed even though I uninstalled it. Please help. I've unzipped the uninstall.zip as instructed. Please help.

Regards,

Yaccah

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek