Author Topic: Need Help [RESOLVED]  (Read 15720 times)

HyJaxLTD

Need Help [RESOLVED]
« on: November 23, 2008, 05:11:53 PM »
1----
To be able to download ONLY the firewall!!!  NOTHING ELSE!!!!  NO VIRUS SCANNER, NO DEFENSE+, NOTHING BUT JUST THE FIREWALL!!!  DO NOT THINK THIS IS SAYING "INSTALL ONLY THE FIREWALL", I am sick of risking my equipment over apps that I choose not to install through the Comodo Installer yet sit and watch as all the peices I told not to install, do just that.  You have ONE good product, you might as well let it be available all by itself, since the rest of what you have is junk!

2------
Once again, you have made a product that out does AOL in leaving its footprint all over my system...even after uninstalling!!!  Before Comodo goes and releases any more products, don't you think they should actually fix all this broken junk the have already put out?  Try uninstalling the ISS...leaves data all over and totally ruins the windows security management system (i.e. security center). 

3-----
If you do a search you will find several posts why I REFUSE to download the CIS just for the firewall.  So please, don't ask why I only want the firewall...

Can I still download JUST Comodo Firewall v3?

4-----
My only wish for this product is for the developers to look at my open and hold support ticlkets and actually fix these issues, along with fixing the un-installer.  Pretty simple, huh?

5-----
Again, just as with the firewall, this does not un-install.  Probably does a worse job than the firewall uninstaller.  Security center all messed up with knowing if it even has a firewall...registry entries beyond...services registered that have no existant dependencies..the list goes on!!!  I have no time to work wiuth anyone over this, am dealing with much more serious issues caused by CIS.  COMODO DEVELOPERS PLEASE GO BACK AND READ MY SUPPORT TICKETS THEN GO BACK AND ACTUYALLY FIX THESE VERY IMPORTANT ISSUES.  Even when set to block all incoming connections, will ask for permission of new networks, uninstalling, defense + installing when told not to...quit releasing garbage on top of more garbage!!! You guys used to be very good at what you do, now its like why even bother letting you guys no something is wrong.  You have not fixed ANY of the SERIOUS security flaws in your software that I have given to your attention.

EDIT: Must Follow Forum Policy
http://forums.comodo.com/new_member_information/forum_policy-t1516.0.html
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 09:29:05 PM by 3xist »

HyJaxLTD

Re: Need Help
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 05:28:13 PM »
Melih,

I have read you blog on cyber terrorism and have a question?

Isn't the current state of Comodo products creating 'terrorist' acts in my PC?
I tell it to uninstall (firewall, antivirus, and Internet Suite), yet the all leave tremendous amounts of themsleves all over my PC.  Some causing very serious resourcing conflicts (with security center integration/un-intergration) which have always left me with only one choice...re-installtion.  Additionally, I am given choices during installation to NOT install certain aspects of said software, yet can literally sit and watch as the progress bar installs exactly what I am telling it not to.
If Comodo had actually addressed any of these issues I would not be asking this, yet I have many unanswered support tickets and see a whole new product line coming out with the EXACT issues that were brought to your attention.
Why has Comodo development chosen to ignore these VERY important issues?  Wouldn't all of this actually be a definition of  a security threat to my PC?  If no, how do you justify/backup your response?

HyJaxLTD

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 05:29:24 PM »
Melih,

I have read you blog on cyber terrorism and have a question?

Isn't the current state of Comodo products creating 'terrorist' acts in my PC?
I tell it to uninstall (firewall, antivirus, and Internet Suite), yet the all leave tremendous amounts of themsleves all over my PC.  Some causing very serious resourcing conflicts (with security center integration/un-intergration) which have always left me with only one choice...re-installtion.  Additionally, I am given choices during installation to NOT install certain aspects of said software, yet can literally sit and watch as the progress bar installs exactly what I am telling it not to.
If Comodo had actually addressed any of these issues I would not be asking this, yet I have many unanswered support tickets and see a whole new product line coming out with the EXACT issues that were brought to your attention.
Why has Comodo development chosen to ignore these VERY important issues?  Wouldn't all of this actually be a definition of  a security threat to my PC?  If no, how do you justify/backup your response?

Sorry, I guess I have more than one question...

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 05:37:59 PM »
Sorry, I guess I have more than one question...

Dear HyJax1

You sent me a PM and posted your issue in 2 other places.

I appreciate you are frustrated because you have an issue with our product. As I responded to your PM earlier on, what you are seeing is an exception and we are more than happy to get to the bottom of it and identify what is causing your issue. We thank you for your patience.

ps:Mods: its ok to split this topic and put it into a relevant board so that OP can get better help.

thanks
Melih

CGPMaster

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 05:47:00 PM »
Welcome

1. Once Downloaded the CIS Installer it will ask you if you want to install AV and FW
Select only the FW and make sure the AV box is unchecked THEN Select Firewall Only
This is Possible. (SEE PICTURE)

2. Can you explain more of this problem?

3. Yes You Can See #1

4. The Developers Do A Perfectionist Job At What They Do, They Probably Already recieved Your Ticket,

5.Whats wrong with the uninstaller?
and what other issues are you having?

CG
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 06:35:16 PM by CGPMaster »

HyJaxLTD

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 08:10:41 PM »
Welcome

1. Once Downloaded the CIS Installer it will ask you if you want to install AV and FW
Select only the FW and make sure the AV box is unchecked THEN Select Firewall Only
This is Possible. (SEE PICTURE)
Again, I refuse to download the entire package AGAIN as it was such a hassle to get back and running after the firsat time.   After my frustrations you have got to be insane...unless you want to start paying me for my 'help'?

2. Can you explain more of this problem?

I will explain what happened, I will not re-install the CIS as it was impossible to recover from last time.  However, I can give you some simple steps to re-create every claim I have made:
1.  Get a fresh machine (no OS)
2.  Install OS, drivers, then CIS.
3.  Install anything else
4.  Try to unintall CIS, after re-boot look in the security center screen, look in the services, and check the registry for Comodo entries.
5.  Quit asking us about the same issues and get development to fix them!!!

---on a side note, use a router to enable/disable network communication and see if Comodo is actually stopping filesharing and network discovery...it's not, btw I can go right into any of my drives from another network PC just as if filesharing was enabled

3. Yes You Can See #1

NO I CANNOT!!! #1 is an example of downloading the entire CIS and choosing just to install the firewall.  Normally, I would be fine with this, however, when you COULD get just the firewall, you could not stop it from installing Defense+ and that was a viable selection so why would I think making the selection of just firewall would work here(btw...it doesn't) and NO I will not reinstall it just to do Comodo developers job (unless you want to pay me)

4. The Developers Do A Perfectionist Job At What They Do, They Probably Already recieved Your Ticket,
The only thing the developers have done is to bundle this with other faulty programming.  ZERO of six issues have been solved since their submission, the last in August.  CIS has the same uninstallation issues since day 1 but are compounded as now they are dealing wioth the whole suite.
Even though I am supposedly set to "Block Incoming Connections), I am alerted any time I had a device to my network...not to blocked huh?
They have had my issues, promised me they were looking into them, yet here is the next-gen comodo product with the same issues?  I would love to be an employee for anyone who thinks of this behavior as a 'perfectionist'.

5.Whats wrong with the uninstaller?
and what other issues are you having?
If you are still asking, maybe try thorough reading instead of skimming (which I admit I often do to so please dont think I am being hostile.  If anyone wants the exact details then go to my response of item#2.  I dont have the time, unless of course Comodo wants to start paying me to be a tester.  In other words I have much better things going on then the constant reinstallation of my OS just to help Comodo work out SERIOUS bugs that have gone ignored for over 6 months through my support tickets.

Sal has been a great help but if the developers are telling him to wait for an answer then what can he do?

Offline ganda

• thermodynamic defier
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 10:48:54 PM »
errr perhaps use uninstaller app for better cleaning could help ??? i usually use revo uninstaller to uninstall/reinstall CIS and other software.

about the windows security center issue, you mean CIS is still showed up on Windows security center after uninstalling?perhaps this could help?
http://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/cfp_3_shows_up_in_security_center_after_uninstall-t19445.0.html

goodluck  :Beer

HyJaxLTD

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 11:06:05 PM »
Using software like Revo is for stuff like beta uninstalls or of course AOL.  I guess Comodo is portraying a Cyber terrorist.  I can really find no other way to explain what CIS leaves in my system; and btw sometimes it is just a quick cmd to unregister a missing component (other times it is a day of searching all over a drive, cause vista indexing really screwed the search functionality if something is not in a common folder, for the left over components that are registering in the security center) but unless you want to do exactly what I have purposed (i.e. start with a complete blank PC and install everything from scratch) I would appreciate comments that do not fix the issue left somewhere else or PM me.  No offense, but really, my problem is not with Revo..it has become with Comodo.

Offline ganda

• thermodynamic defier
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 12:07:49 AM »
ouch that hurts

ok,maybe someone else could help.  (:WAV)

Offline dchernyakov

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 05:43:04 AM »
 - Issue with Windows Security center is  known and will be fixed

- Detection of new network is not actually related to firewall rules. Detection of new network does not override any rules (unless you choose to trust that network) and if Firewall security level is Block all - all connections from/to new network will be blocked as well.

- If you choose not to use Defense+ during installation it will be installed, but all drivers will be disabled until you would now enable them from Defense+ --> Advanced --> Defense+ Settings --> Disable Defense+ permanently. (BTW most of firewalls/anti-viruses with HIPS module behaves the same way, just keeping HIPS disabled, but CIS at least does not hide it)

-
on a side note, use a router to enable/disable network communication and see if Comodo is actually stopping filesharing and network discovery...it's not, btw I can go right into any of my drives from another network PC just as if filesharing was enabled
Do you mean you make some block rules for in/out connections or you set Block all security mode for firewall? How it relates to router?

HyJaxLTD

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 11:30:53 AM »
- Issue with Windows Security center is  known and will be fixed

Been known for several months now and still nothing other than a bundled app that is even worse than the stand alone.-  FACT

- Detection of new network is not actually related to firewall rules. Detection of new network does not override any rules (unless you choose to trust that network) and if Firewall security level is Block all - all connections from/to new network will be blocked as well.
If I am choosing to "Block all incoming connections" though the stealth ports wizard, I should NEVER be told of any new network connections, unless of course they have already been pre-defined but then again, they wont give me a new connection alert if they are already defined and part of a trusted network.  So this problem IS exactly as I have stated...and yes, according to the support ticket system, Comodo dev is, and has been, aware of this MAJOR issue since before August!!!  I think you may be reading to far into what I have posted.

- If you choose not to use Defense+ during installation it will be installed, but all drivers will be disabled until you would now enable them from Defense+ --> Advanced --> Defense+ Settings --> Disable Defense+ permanently. (BTW most of firewalls/anti-viruses with HIPS module behaves the same way, just keeping HIPS disabled, but CIS at least does not hide it)
Not true.  You would think that this is what is supposed to happen but again, Comodo dev was given actual screen shots of Defense + "not" being installed yet halting ALL activity due to the fact the 'Alerts' slider was not turned to disabled as well.  I almost lost two peices of hardware during flash updates so I know this is what is happening.  And again, it has been duplicated by the support staff...still no fix and this one was given to them in like June or July.

-  Do you mean you make some block rules for in/out connections or you set Block all security mode for firewall? How it relates to router?
My router can keep all coneections separate thru a 'Privacy Seporator'.  With this enabled, it is impossible to create any shared network.  It really stops all incoming network requests to each host machine.  When I disable the 'Privacy Seporator' I am immeaditly notified of incoming connection requests...even though I am supposedly stealthing ALL of my ports.   But if you read the top of this reply you know this part already.

Thank you for trying to defend Comodo.  I do think they are onto something most other vendors refuse to see.  However, it seems that in their rush to create a paid service firewall application then a  registry cleaner then a bundled security suite they forgot to actually fix these MAJOR issues.  I cannot be the only one this ihas happened to, and a detaled search through the forums will show this.  Just most of the posters are simply looking for advice on wheteher to use Comodo or not and read of these issues and dont screw with it.  Hardware is EXPENSIVE if your not the company issung security certificates to the world.  You would think a company in charge of that would pay a little more attention to fixing the GIANT holes in there current application before releasing a new one, but hey...someones got to be the next AOL or MS, right?

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 01:42:18 PM »
If I am choosing to "Block all incoming connections" though the stealth ports wizard, I should NEVER be told of any new network connections, unless of course they have already been pre-defined but then again, they wont give me a new connection alert if they are already defined and part of a trusted network.  So this problem IS exactly as I have stated...and yes, according to the support ticket system, Comodo dev is, and has been, aware of this MAJOR issue since before August!!!  I think you may be reading to far into what I have posted.

Those network alerts are there for providing the ease of use. If you dont want to see them, disable them. There is no issue or bug here.

Not true.  You would think that this is what is supposed to happen but again, Comodo dev was given actual screen shots of Defense + "not" being installed yet halting ALL activity due to the fact the 'Alerts' slider was not turned to disabled as well.  I almost lost two peices of hardware during flash updates so I know this is what is happening.  And again, it has been duplicated by the support staff...still no fix and this one was given to them in like June or July.

D+ is disabled but file protection will always be there to protect firewall applications fom being modified. These are default settings that are designed for the good of the most users. Again if you dont want to see them, disable them manually. File protection is a shared component. However, this is a very common feedback and we have already considered this. Pls search the forum about SHA1/MD5 discussions.

Thank you for trying to defend Comodo.  I do think they are onto something most other vendors refuse to see.  However, it seems that in their rush to create a paid service firewall application then a  registry cleaner then a bundled security suite they forgot to actually fix these MAJOR issues.

We are listening to you despite your attitude. Just dont expect us to change some defaults or make some changes without considering our other users. Especially after calling our products piece of junk.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 02:05:01 PM »
I must agree with Egemen

We are always more than happy to entertain our user's requests as we are building everythign we do for them, but come on HyJax1 where have you ever achieved someone to do something for you by insulting them? Its not a nice thing to do, especially to people who are trying to help you.

Melih

HyJaxLTD

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 03:01:58 PM »
I must agree with Egemen

We are always more than happy to entertain our user's requests as we are building everythign we do for them, but come on HyJax1 where have you ever achieved someone to do something for you by insulting them? Its not a nice thing to do, especially to people who are trying to help you.

Melih
Look im sorry if you find truth insulting.  I have not degraded anyone, nor have I knocked there claimed knowledge.  I have simply stated fact.  I do apologize for my calling peices CIS junk in entirty, but I have submitted these issues to support staff, some over six months ago.  And instead of seeing updates to fix repeatable HUGE security flaws I get told I am being insulting and have an attitude.  Or am told that it is not a security flaw, but I cant explain it any other way when I tell a firewall "NO INCOMING CONNECTIONS" and then an alert pops up asking if I want to allow an incoming connection and what I want to name it(this happens at first install of Comodo EVERY time and I highly doubt I am being hacked from my motherboard so it cant be a bad install, also when I run diagnostics thru the CFP panel it always comes up fine).  Maybe if you can't afford to replace your ONLY PC becuase some app didn't get the attention it needed you might understand my frustration...not anger...at this whole deal.  I would hope you of all people would know that I REALLY am a fan of Comodo, but until I can see them actually take responsibility for errors in there app I cant, in good judgement, keep recommending this to anyone.  I would love to come back to Comodo and even pay for there product, but being that again, your support staff duplicated pretty much everyhting I have submitted...what does that leave one to believe after six months.  Please don't close this topic just because right now Im not using Comodo thinking its all resolved because I would love to come back to you...if these can be addressed.  I will not however, put Comodo back on until at least the Stealth ports part of it is fixed, and being that I am alerted even after telling it not to alert me, this says its broken.

Those network alerts are there for providing the ease of use. If you dont want to see them, disable them. There is no issue or bug here.
Again, I used the 'Stelth port Wizard' from the CFP control panel and told it to "BLOCK ALL INCOMIJNG CONNJECTIONS".  And its description tells me that I will not be notified of any new network connection attempts, yet I am.  How exactly is this not a bug?

D+ is disabled but file protection will always be there to protect firewall applications fom being modified. These are default settings that are designed for the good of the most users. Again if you dont want to see them, disable them manually. File protection is a shared component. However, this is a very common feedback and we have already considered this. Pls search the forum about SHA1/MD5 discussions.
Again, if you do not go and turn the slider in the Defense+ part to "Disable" alerts, Defense+ will HALT the system until the alert is dealt with...even though you say that Defense+ is not active.  I really almost lost two hardware peices due to this so I KNOW that this IS a bug. (they were saved by reflashing after removing Comodo entirely because I dont have the money laying around to just replace it cuase you tell me its not doing what it is doing.)

We are listening to you despite your attitude. Just dont expect us to change some defaults or make some changes without considering our other users. Especially after calling our products piece of junk.
You are correct, I should not have lost it to say that all of the new CIS app is junk.  I do apologize for that, howver, someones ignorance in a post should not EVER be the reason that flaws such as these go unfixed.  They exist.  They have been duplicated and as far as being told the network alerts should happen even after stealhting ports is honeslty a ridiculous statement...no offense intended just really read what you are wanting me to believe here(which btw, doesn't happen when I stealth with Kaspersky but I would rather be back with Comodo so dont say you dont want Comodo anymor... topic resolved).

Bottom line is if I am telling a firewall I do not want to know about ANY connection attempts and just block them...that's EXACTLY what should happen, yes?  Also, if I tell it not to install part of it thruogh its own installer, it should not install it or at least completly disable it...to include it not giving any alerts, because after all choosing not to install it means I dont want it to tell me nothing, true?  And finally, when I  uninstall an app, I dont want it hanging around in any part of my computer, thats why I left AOL.  Maybe I am asking too much...maybe Comodo is trying to provide something they cant quite yet?

I dont know, I DO love what Comodo's vision for there security software is, but cant risk losing my machine or personal info due to people misunderstanding, or feelers getting in the way of what they are trying to answer.  I will continue to do my best in not insulting anyone or there knowledge, but they must also in turn see that I am degrading the current state of a flawed app and  not them personally just because they might be responsible for that portion of the app.  If I do slip and be human please dont hesitate to let me know and I will do my best to edit the post or remove it completly, but as of yet, I am pretty sure I am just mad at the app.

HyJaxLTD

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 03:03:16 PM »
On a side note, I did notice that CIS does completly disable Defense+ when you tell it to...bravo!!!  (:NRD)

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek