Author Topic: [Merged]Firewall appears to be blocking iTunes 10  (Read 68861 times)

Offline Streinslov

Re: [Merged]Firewall appears to be blocking iTunes 10
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2011, 07:04:21 AM »
Same here, couldn't pinpoint the issue, until checked with friends new laptop with that had only Windows firewall.
Disabling didn't work for me on Windows 7 64bit, only uninstalling allowed me to AirPlay iTunes to AppleTV.

So please fix the issue asap, since there's no other firewall, which does the job as how I use it.

Windows firewall will eventually pass something nasty on my machine.. so change the priority of this defect "to next patch"  ;)

Offline marcel4

« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2011, 04:08:10 PM »
What the heck after almost 13 months still no fix  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2011, 05:41:05 PM »
Are the findings by deathdrone helpful in your situation?

Online mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2011, 05:53:08 AM »
Is this fixed for you in CIS 5.8

Many thanks in anticipation

Mouse

Offline Magic Man

« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2011, 03:23:48 PM »
The only problem i have with itunes and comodo firewall, is that it takes so long to load (since 5.3). If i uninstall the firewall it loads within 1 second or less, otherwise i need to wait at least 30 seconds.

It's actually gotten worse with CIS 5.8. When i load itunes i have the outline of the program on the desktop as if it's frozen, but it loads fine after about 40 seconds. This is on Windows 7 x64.

Offline aim4it

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2011, 11:18:28 PM »
What mode is your AV/Defense+ settings and are all the itunes exe's dlls added to the trusted list?

Offline skickahit10

« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2011, 08:04:53 AM »
Found this thread because I was experiencing the same trouble as you all did (using CIS 5.4.x).

I uninstalled it however and installed CIS 5.8.213334.2131. When I uninstalled 5.4.x all my firewall settings where removed, so I started with a "clean slate" so to speak.

When I then rebooted Windows (Vista), during the install, CIS 5.8.x detected my home network and I marked is at safe - i.e. all incoming and outgoing connections are allowed - and now iTunes could find my Airport Express and stream music without any trouble at all.

So - just letting you know. Maybe something for y'all to try?

Offline skickahit10

« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2011, 08:18:33 AM »
Found this thread because I was experiencing the same trouble as you all did (using CIS 5.4.x).

I uninstalled it however and installed CIS 5.8.213334.2131. When I uninstalled 5.4.x all my firewall settings where removed, so I started with a "clean slate" so to speak.

When I then rebooted Windows (Vista), during the install, CIS 5.8.x detected my home network and I marked is at safe - i.e. all incoming and outgoing connections are allowed - and now iTunes could find my Airport Express and stream music without any trouble at all.

So - just letting you know. Maybe something for y'all to try?

I'm attaching screenshots of my settings so you can see for yourself.

Online mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2011, 01:04:11 PM »
Maybe this:

Itunes doesn't wanna discover shared itunes libraries from another computer

Is key. CIS does not remember paths to networked files (yet). So it will forget that these are trusted?

Maybe in CIS 6.0

Offline Ronny

• Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Volunteer Moderator
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2011, 08:53:40 AM »
This issue should be resolved by the following setting:

Firewall Global rule
Action=Allow
Protocol=TCP
Direction In
Source=Any (Or replace with local LAN range for better security)
Destination=Any
Source Port=Any
Destination Port=3689

Firewall Global rule
Action=Allow
Protocol=UDP
Direction In
Source=Any (Or replace with local LAN range for better security)
Destination=Any
Source Port=Any
Destination Port=5353

* Make sure these rules are above any block rules to make this work.

Application rule(s)
Give all iTunes apps the predefined policy "Trusted Application" which will allow them to accept in/out traffic.

Also see here for more information:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1601

Can someone please confirm this working?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 08:59:14 AM by Ronny »
Volunteer Moderator
Any concerns? Please send me a PM or review the Forum Policy -  update Jan 3rd 2013!

Offline chiefmongo

« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2011, 04:17:22 PM »
Ronny,

I tried your suggestions, but I am still unable to get iTunes to connect to my homeshare and to my airport express while comodo firewall is installed.

When you say, "give all iTunes apps (plural)" do you mean just different locations of iTunes.exe or other apple .exes like AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe, etc?  I tried adding a couple other apple processes to the trusted applications ruleset (mDNSResponder, AppleMobileDeviceHelper, etc.... see my attached screenshot), but that didn't seem to help.  If you have any others in mind, please let us know.

What I find to be very strange is that if I disable Comodo, and try to open up iTunes, I still can't get iTunes to access my homeshare or airport express.  However, if I uninstall Comodo, iTunes works like a champ.  This seems to be a problem that is beyond setting up some simple rules and more in line with some sort of conflict with iTunes and the installed drivers...

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.  I'd be willing to troubleshoot directly with someone if possible.

Windows 7 64-bit
Comodo Firewall 5.8.213334.2131, Defense + disabled, geekbuddy not installed

Offline Ronny

• Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Volunteer Moderator
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2011, 05:02:29 PM »
Do you have any settings activated on the Firewall, Advanced settings?

If that doesn't work please try the following, open network and sharing center, change adapter settings, select your active adapter en untick the 'Comodo Internet Security Firewall driver'.
Now see if iTunes works as expected. (Don't forget to turn it back on after testing).
Volunteer Moderator
Any concerns? Please send me a PM or review the Forum Policy -  update Jan 3rd 2013!

Offline chiefmongo

« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2011, 05:47:11 PM »
Ronny,

Thanks for the quick reply!  I checked the advanced settings, and nothing was selected (see attached).

I disabled comodo, unchecked the comodo driver in my adapter settings (see attached), and restarted my computer, but iTunes still isn't working as expected.

To try to figure out what could be running in the background while Comodo is disabled, I tried disabling the "Comodo Internet Security Helper Service" and restarting my computer (see attached).  Still nothing... iTunes still won't see my homeshare/airport express!

Is there anything else from comodo that could be running in the background that I could try disabling?

Offline Ronny

• Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Volunteer Moderator
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2011, 05:37:29 AM »
So it's not the firewall, if the driver is detached it's no longer filtering any traffic (assume Windows FW is disabled also, pls verify).

Setting the Helper Service to disabled will make CIS go in defense mode as if it was attacked by malware so that's probably better to switch back to automatic.
If it's not Firewall then it's probably caused by Defense+ can you go to Defense+, Settings and tick the 'Deactivate defense+ permanent' option, reboot and see if that helps?

If that doesn't help take the 2nd tab and disable 'Image execution' also, reboot and try again.

If that doesn't help put all iTunes related processes to the Image Execution Exclusions list, reboot and try again.

If that doesn't help I'm out of options, are you willing to let staff allow access to your system to troubleshoot the issue remote?
Volunteer Moderator

Offline chiefmongo

« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2011, 10:19:57 AM »
I turned the service back on, kept comodo firewall disabled, and unchecked the driver from my LAN adapter.  I verified that windows firewall is currently disabled.  Defense+ has been disabled all along (I unchecked it when installing), I disabled the image execution option, added all the iTunes .exes I could see in the process list (maybe there are more I don't know about that could be causing this problem?), and restarted my computer, but still no dice.

I would definitely be willing to troubleshoot this issue remotely with the staff.  I think this is pretty major issue and I'm sure everyone in this thread would greatly appreciate a resolution to this problem. :)

Settings screenshots are attached (I know when I worked support I didn't actually trust that people made the changes I suggested, so here's proof :))

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek