Is this download of Firewall legit?

Hello! I found one download of Comodo Firewall (an old version) and want to know if it’s legit or not.

Softonic may wrap installers with something extra. I downloaded the installer. It is CIS v5.4 with the signature intact. If you want to use the CIS 5 series please download the v5.12. Version 5.4 has an older av definitions format and the 5.12 of course has various fixes when compared to 5.4.

What is keeping you from using 8.2?

I still have Win XP Sp3 32-bit so I tried the x86 installers, but it said package corrupted, downloaded it again…same thing.
The latest versions of both CIS and CFW don’t work because if I click on them they start extracting, go all the way to 100% then my computer apparently shows it’s starting to load and nothing. The installer never shows up. This is a fresh install of windows so you can’t come up with the argument that there are remnants of Comodo on the system. Plus I think I only want the firewall.

Sorry I missed you’re using firewall only.

You can find older versions of Comodo Firewall at Filehorse: Comodo Firewall 12.2.2.8012 Download for Windows / Old Versions / FileHorse.com . In case you doubt whether a download is legit check the digital signature of the installer. If it is intact it is not changed after Comodo released it.

When you try to install the latest version of CFW or CIS is there another security program running in the background? When you would temporarily disable or uninstall it is it still impossible to install? If that is the case we are looking at a bug and all I can do is to ask you to consider filing a bug report.

Hi Normanxbf and Eric,
If Normanxbf is running an older CPU it may not have SSE2 support, this could be the reason version 8.2 fails to install.
CIS 8.2.0.4508+ doesn’t start on CPU without SSE2 support
What version of COMODO can be installed on Windows XP SP3 - 32 bit ???

Kind regards.

Thank you captainsticks. I had forgotten about this.