Author Topic: My p2p client is not working properly anymore [v4]  (Read 39032 times)

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
My p2p client is not working properly anymore [v4]
« on: March 24, 2010, 06:57:07 PM »
The default Global Rules changed from being alerted for incoming traffic on a per case basis to a general block of all incoming traffic (default Stealth).

There are two solutions to this situation:
  • Restore the old way by using the Stealth Ports Wizard (Firewall --> Common Tasks) and choosing "Alert me to incoming connections - stealth my ports on a per-case basis" --> Finish (see first image)

You will now be alerted again when there is incoming traffic for the program.

• Try the new way and open the needed ports in Global Rules following:
    To open the port 1723 TCP and UDP for example

First step is to determine the MAC or Physical address of you network connector. Go to Start --> Run --> cmd --> enter --> a black box will show up and enter the following --> ipconfig /all  (notice the space before /all) --> enter --> now look up the Physical address and write it down.

Notice that Physical address = MAC address

Firewall --> Advanced --> Network Security policy --> Global Rules --> Add --> fill in the following:
    Action: Allow
    Protocol: TCP or UDP
    Direction: In
    Description: Open ports for p2p program

Source address: Any
    Destination Address: Choose MAC address and fill in the found MAC/Physical address
    Source Port: Any
    Destination Port: 1723           (see image 2)

Then push Apply --> Now make sure that the new rule is somewhere above the basic block rule(s) as the bottom (the block rules have red icons); you can drag and drop the rules --> Ok (see image 3).

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 03:00:09 AM by mouse1 »

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek