Author Topic: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.16.295 released!  (Read 20944 times)

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.16.295 released!
« on: February 04, 2008, 10:11:47 PM »
Hi Guys,

I would like to announce the availability of COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.16.295:

What's New in V.3.0.16.295?
---------------------------------------

NEW! Anti-Leak Configuration:
- A new default configuration is introduced to make D+ show fewer number of popup alerts while still remaning leak proof.

NEW! On-Demand Virus Scanning:
- CFP now provides an option to scan for viruses during the installation and from its graphical user interface

NEW! A-VSMART Warranty Program:
- CFP now provides the users an option to enroll one of the available A-VSMART Warranty programs

IMPROVED! Self-Defense:
- There has been various reports that CFP 3.0 is attacked by some malware to disable its protection.
The self defense has been modified such that an ungraceful termination of CFP will block every unknown action (i.e. it will function as if "Block all unknown actions if the application is closed" option is selected. This option was not enabled by default).

IMPROVED! Default Configuration:
- Default configuration now protects more registry keys and more COM interfaces.
- Default Web Browser and FTP Client policies are modified to support passive FTP requests

IMPROVED! Handling of known code executing applications:
- Defense+ has been modified such that some known code executing programs such as rundll32.exe or windows scripting host are not autimatically trusted anymore.

IMPROVED! Pending Files:
- Defense+ has been modified such that it is not going to report any pending files if it is not in clean PC mode.

FIXED! Bugs in Defense+ Engine:
- Fixed numerous bugs that could stop Defense+ to properly handle the suspicious actions(e.g.bugs in registry and file protection, key logging etc).
- Fixed the bug that could prevent CFP from functioning properly in certain types of hardware configurations(e.g. when a USB harddisk is present etc.).
FIXED! Uninstallation bug:
- Fixed the bug which prevented CFP from being uninstalled properly

FIXED! Minor Bugs in the Graphical User Interface

Download location:
------------------------
http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/download_firewall.html

Users of the previous versions should receive the updates automatically. However Anti-Leak configuration is an update to the installation process i.e. it is created during the installation and it will not be automatically available with the automatic updates.

Regards,

Egemen
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 10:16:15 PM by Melih »

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
Re: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.16.295 released!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 10:15:45 PM »
For people wondering what AVSmart Warranty is, here is a little post in my Blog that might help you understand a bit better about why its important.

thank you and enjoy this great piece of art that we all call CFP V3 :)

Melih

Offline Jack Bauer

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 10:53:36 PM »

NEW! Anti-Leak Configuration:
- A new default configuration is introduced to make D+ show fewer number of popup alerts while still remaning leak proof.

Users of the previous versions should receive the updates automatically. However Anti-Leak configuration is an update to the installation process i.e. it is created during the installation and it will not be automatically available with the automatic updates.

Regards,

Egemen

So the only downside for the people who downloaded it from the program updater is that we will still have the anti-leak protection intact but these large amount of pop ups will still remain?

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 11:38:37 PM »
So the only downside for the people who downloaded it from the program updater is that we will still have the anti-leak protection intact but these large amount of pop ups will still remain?

Yes. It is makes some configuraton changes only during the installation

Josh123

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 12:45:10 AM »
Hey,

Is this "on-demand" scanner using BOClean database definitions??

When is CMF 2 going to be integrated??

Josh.

Offline SWIM

• Comodo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 01:05:46 AM »
During the installation process I told the installer I'm not interested in AVSmart Warranty. But if I changed my mind what can I do to order subscription? I failed to find something related.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 04:22:06 AM by uh »
XP SP2 x32 – Limited Account – CPF 3 – AntiVir PE 7 – DiskCryptor

Offline SiberLynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 03:04:50 AM »
Hi Egemen,

This is a bit confusing.

The previouse version was 3.0.15.277.
The Update from within CFP asked to restart 2 times.
The second time it the message stated something like:
"... important configuration changes were made...Reboot"
What are you saying - those are still not the changes, which lead to reduction of the number of pop-ups and those changes will not be available ever unless complete new installation performed?
If so, does the the downloaded new installation of 16.295 requires uninstall of 15.277?
Are some additional steps needed like reg. cleaning etc.?
Will the 16.295 accept saved settings?

Sorry, for the flood of Q... but I honestly didn't get the point of an update when one cannot have full advantage out of it unless one do full install  :THNK

Thanks in advance

My regards 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 03:06:32 AM by SiberLynx »
Main OS - Ubuntu
XP Pro, SP3 (32bit), Admin; Comodo Firewall 3.14.130099.587; Proactive with Defense+; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 x64, Admin (UAC off); Win7 advanced FW +TinyWall; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 Ultimate 32bit (UAC off); Emsisoft Internet Security v9 beta

Offline Fuzzfas

• Comodo Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 03:23:43 AM »
Hello. I have a question. Is it true that the antivirus definitions are updating while booting at Windows? I can't find a signature version somewhere. If so, will they update automatically, even if i have set automatic updates off, in miscellaneous?

Thank you.

ocky

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 04:05:10 AM »
Hi Egemen,

This is a bit confusing.

The previouse version was 3.0.15.277.
The Update from within CFP asked to restart 2 times.
The second time it the message stated something like:
"... important configuration changes were made...Reboot"
What are you saying - those are still not the changes, which lead to reduction of the number of pop-ups and those changes will not be available ever unless complete new installation performed?

Can confirm 2 reboots. I have always done clean installs in the past, was told by some forum member to get with it and use the updater "that's what it's there for.."
So I used the updater this time, only to see that I should not have ..
Quote from: egemen

Also despite D+ being set to inactive I had 7 pending files after running jv16. I removed
them and set D+ to disabled from clean PC mode. That fixed it.

Edit:  Oh I see anti-leak protection is there, but apparently cannot be configured to
          reduce pop-ups  in D+ unless installed with the installer ?
Edit:   Firewall only with anti-leak does require installation - updater won't do it.       
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 11:17:09 AM by ocky »

Offline hbobeck

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 04:56:00 AM »
Egemen,

I un-installed 15.277 and installed 16.295

Installation seemed to go well, but "scan my system" does not work!

Nothing happens when clicking the Scan-option.

Harry :THNK

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 09:45:58 AM »
FYI

I had run a poll about this service (AVSMART Warranty) we introduced some time ago and here are the results

http://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews/what_would_you_pay_for-t18681.0.html

thanks

Melih

Offline GoTo

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 10:26:34 AM »
Hi
First: Im new here and because im from Switzerland, my english is not the best :)
Im using Comodo CFP V3 and today i updated to the newest version (3.0.16.295) and now ive got some troubles with CFP:
When i start my Windows, the Comodo Firewall takes a really long time (3-4 min) to change the status from "Comodo Firewall is being initialized" to " All systems are active and running"! This is confusing because during those minutes i dont know if im protected!

The 2nd Problem is that the "Scan my Computer" option doesnt work: It opens the scan window and then does nothing... it doesnt scan any files, and it doesnt matter how long i wait...

Im using the newest version of CFP, WinXP Home SP2, and before installing v3.0.16.295 (with automatic update function) i didnt unistall the old version, because i thought it wasnt necessary!

But on the whole im really content with CFP ^_^

Greez

Offline Bubu74

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 02:11:42 PM »
I updated to the new version, everything went smoothly   ;D. I like the scan on demand feature, especially its speed. But it did found some false positives, a few leak tests and an old game's .exe. Should I send them to the lab?

May I ask what exactly am I missing if I don't reinstall the new version, but only update (as I did)? 
COMODO user since January 2007

WaterWall

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 02:15:10 PM »
I updated to the new version, everything went smoothly   ;D. I like the scan on demand feature, especially its speed. But it did found some false positives, a few leak tests and an old game's .exe. Should I send them to the lab?

May I ask what exactly am I missing if I don't reinstall the new version, but only update (as I did)? 

Nothing. If everything went smoothly - you're a lucky guy.  :Beer I had I few problems and I still have one - my scanner doesn't work. But that's a problem for many people using Vista  (:SAD)

Offline eXPerience

• Left the Forums
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Free Forever !
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 02:16:02 PM »
Hehe, everything running smoothly here  (:WAV).

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek