Author Topic: Comodo Firewall Wishlist V6 [CLOSED]  (Read 198687 times)

Offline DaRtH VaDeR.

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Everything in life comes to an end, exept life
Re: Comodo Firewall Wishlist V6
« Reply #390 on: May 29, 2008, 08:27:15 PM »
and I say before installing, the systemdiagnostic works afterwards...
DaRtH VaDeR says: "The path of success and progress is not to be reached by the things you have done, but by the things you will do, so think before you act,the voice of your history will confirm this fact.."

DaRtH VaDeR says: "Your system is as secure as the weakest link in your entire security"

Offline UPieper

« Reply #391 on: June 02, 2008, 12:33:02 AM »
Hi,

don't know if this has been requested already, but I'd think that the following would be nice to have in the firewall network security policy window:

- Copying of the IP address via right click menu (I often do a whois query)
- Possibility do search for a string (I have quite a few entries there and searching through all these entries is quite time consuming

Another suggestion: If firewall and/or defense+ is disabled then put a sign (eg. exclamation mark) on the trayicon. (it happened more than once to me that I had forgotten about it...)

Thanks

UP

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #392 on: June 02, 2008, 11:17:25 AM »
I have a long list of programs in D+ and network fiewall. It would be convenient to have a search function to quickly find the desired program's settings.

Offline MrBrian

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #393 on: June 02, 2008, 06:56:22 PM »
I have a long list of programs in D+ and network fiewall. It would be convenient to have a search function to quickly find the desired program's settings.

I agree.  Here's what you can do for now though.  You can use CTRL+F while in Computer Security.  Also, you can sort the entries by hand by moving them around.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #394 on: June 02, 2008, 07:03:15 PM »
Ths MrBrian for the tips. Very useful.

Offline SiberLynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #395 on: June 02, 2008, 07:11:28 PM »
Hi EricJH and everybody,

In addition to similar requests about Searching features it would be very helpful to add Sorting.
Usually it is the standard nowadays when grids are sorted by clicking  on headers.
It is convenient to get list by "treated as" ... and so on.
I wouldn't argue if more extensive (advanced) Search and Sort buttons will be added to those present at the right side bars.
Basically if that implemented as well designed modules it will be easy to add them to any existing List/Grid and "future Comodo lists/grids"

My regards
XP Pro, SP3 (32bit), admin; CIS 3.14.130099.587 (firewall only; Proactive with Defense+)- that is the only Comodo's thing I need; Emsisoft Anti-Malware
Win 7 x64, admin (UAC off); Comodo Firewall 3.14; Emsisoft Anti-Malware

Someone

« Reply #396 on: June 02, 2008, 10:35:58 PM »
I forgot to ask, make the toolbar a separate program...  :'(

Offline DaRtH VaDeR.

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #397 on: June 04, 2008, 03:26:45 AM »
HI all!

I want the firewall to have detection sensors or something, I mean that the firewall detects when changed systemenvironment or firewall configuration that has been set by the user (who doesn't have a clue about what he is doing) is giving trouble with normal functioning of the firewall that the firewall will alert the user about consequenses of the chosen changes he has made is making. The firewall should give a restore option or something.

I want to share with the comodo developpers that I like your products a lot and I will spread the word Comodo to people I know. Threatcast is a great innovation, I know it is still in a b├ęta stage, I would like to share some options with you that would make this feature more usefull:

* When you see an alert about a program that is wanting to do something it would be nice to get more usefull information about a program, that would make a decission much easier and would make the database of better quality. Threathcast should have info about programs that are unknown for users. The info must be helpfull and informative (like wikipedia).
* I would like to interact with comodo experts about suspicious behaviour or with other threatcast users, so the gathered information will be usefull within threatcast community.
* Threatcast should come with a kind of summarypage with top 10 safe programs and top 10 unsafe programs, and most allowed, not allowed etcetera, this sort of info is verry helpfull for novice users! and make decissions much easier.

I Hope you guys find my posts usefull, I would appreciate your feedback about my requests.

Okey, wish you a nice day!!

(R) (V) :THNK
DaRtH VaDeR says: "The path of success and progress is not to be reached by the things you have done, but by the things you will do, so think before you act,the voice of your history will confirm this fact.."

DaRtH VaDeR says: "Your system is as secure as the weakest link in your entire security"

Offline DaRtH VaDeR.

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #398 on: June 05, 2008, 09:17:30 PM »
HI all! (it is me again!)

Maybe it is a good idea the firewall gives important notifications about a systemscan? notifications about to make a backup  for rules and configuration (kind of a reminder balloons)

okey, have a nice day folks!

(R) (S) (V) (B) (J) :THNK

Offline Lazza

« Reply #399 on: June 05, 2008, 10:42:45 PM »
2 Simple requests:

1. 'Game mode' style feature to turn off automatic updates temporarily, and leave something on-screen until disabled (ZA style). If this could cover CAV as well that would be fantastic.

2. Let me choose an option: "Never ask me to switch to Installation mode", so I can assign a program as an installer without being prompted to enter Installation mode - it's easy to do on the GUI if i really want it.

Thanks  :)

Offline aigle

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #400 on: June 06, 2008, 08:16:29 PM »
It might be posted already. I want a feature like PC Tools FireWall that shows the web site name along with the IP. Very neat feature indeed.

Offline DaRtH VaDeR.

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #401 on: June 06, 2008, 08:56:26 PM »
HI all!

I want the improved Comodo Firewall will come with standard themes installed!!!  I know you can built your own skins with the skinning tool, but give some samples themes already!!!  I want the comodo gui looks fine and shiny!!

Give some os themes, like vista theme, xp theme, mas os x theme, linux theme etcetera  You understand me??? say what?? you got it!?? okey good!!

okey, Have a nice day folks!!!

(V) :THNK

Offline Luxor

• Comodo's Hero
  • In The Doghouse
    • Take M.E. Seriously
« Reply #402 on: June 07, 2008, 05:24:14 AM »
No, no, no. Skins should be an optional download. Keep Comodo bloat free.
We say just what we want because we might be right.

Offline fazio93

• Comodo Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #403 on: June 07, 2008, 11:54:13 AM »
It might be posted already. I want a feature like PC Tools FireWall that shows the web site name along with the IP. Very neat feature indeed.

:-TU
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CIS 5.12.256249.2599
Please remember to follow the Forum Policy.

Offline DaRtH VaDeR.

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #404 on: June 07, 2008, 04:54:13 PM »
No, no, no. Skins should be an optional download. Keep Comodo bloat free.

Yes optional is a good idea, but they do have a themes tab for changing the skin if you want. Would you not agree with me if I say that is optional??

okey, Have a nice day!

(V) :THNK

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek