Author Topic: CAVS3 - Am I the Only One Becoming Skeptical???  (Read 41276 times)

Offline GRASSU_

Re: CAVS3 - Am I the Only One Becoming Skeptical???
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 06:12:46 PM »
CAVS3 it will be "free for all" (including commercial use) or just for personal use (or small business use) ?
Thank you.

WaterWall

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 06:13:59 PM »
Yes. According to Mr.Melih CAVS 3 will be free for commercial use also  :-TU

(L)

3xist

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 02:58:02 AM »

http://antivirus.comodo.com/

Josh

Offline Yaraslau

• Comodo Member
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 05:50:04 AM »
Hi. How many virus signatures will be in CAV 3 database? Are there any comparisons with other antivirus products (Outpost Security Suite, NOD32 etc.) or maybe CAV will   be with ideal heuristics? Need something to install at the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus. 
Let people be happy!

3xist

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 05:58:27 AM »
Hi. How many virus signatures will be in CAV 3 database? Are there any comparisons with other antivirus products (Outpost Security Suite, NOD32 etc.) or maybe CAV will   be with ideal heuristics? Need something to install at the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus. 

Hey Yataslau, Welcome to the Forums.

CAV3 Database will have all from viruses, trojans, spyware, malware, rookits, etc... How many viruses? Don't know... But we have a special tool Called "Comodo Malware Analysis System" where users submit files through and it catches malware through there. For Example, Comodo put 30,000 files through that system and it caught 109 NEW Malware NO ONE DETECTS! (True Story by the way) :) So you have AV Researchers & That neat System.

As for comparison, CAV will be competing in the next 12 months or so. I am sure when CAV3 is released soon you will be impressed with the improvements, Yes it does have heuristics too and over 50 unpackers and expanding, and a VERY fast on-access and on-demand scanner.

Stay tuned... :)

Josh

Offline Yaraslau

• Comodo Member
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 06:10:14 AM »
3xist,  thanks for extremely fast reply! So...  I will wait for new release. Erm...  one question? Will CAV and CIS be working from simple USB flash stick?
Let people be happy!

3xist

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 06:14:09 AM »
3xist,  thanks for extremely fast reply! So...  I will wait for new release. Erm...  one question? Will CAV and CIS be working from simple USB flash stick?

If you mean portable, No not in the first release. But if you mean you can put it on a USB flash stick, Then Yes.

Josh

Offline Berliner

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2008, 06:53:07 AM »
Hello from Berlin/Germany! :Beer

I have a question.

Is it confirmed or not, that CAVS3 comes for Win 2000?

Thanks and have a nice day.  (:WAV)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 07:00:44 AM by Berliner »

3xist

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008, 06:54:50 AM »
Hello from Berlin/Germany! :Beer

I have a question.

Is ist confirmed or not, that CAVS3 comes for Win 2000?

Thanks and have a nice day.  (:WAV)

Wouldn't know yet...  :-\

Josh

Offline Berliner

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2008, 07:03:39 AM »
 :a0

Thanks for the answer!

;)

Offline Matty_R

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • How long is a piece of string?
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2008, 09:28:24 AM »
Sorry to dissapoint you Berliner but i`m pretty sure the answer will be NO.
Reason i say this is that the architecture for CAVS3 is being built around the cpfv3 architecture and that`s not compatible.

Matty  :Beer
A couple of computers :P

Offline fazio93

• Comodo Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2008, 11:04:47 AM »
i know this probably can't be answered yet but do you think cavs3 will have the R-click option to scan selected files/folders. i like that in an AV like avast.

(J)

and srry this is a little  !ot!
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CIS 5.12.256249.2599
Please remember to follow the Forum Policy.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2008, 11:18:26 AM »
i know this probably can't be answered yet but do you think cavs3 will have the R-click option to scan selected files/folders. i like that in an AV like avast.

(J)

and srry this is a little  !ot!

it should.. (not sure if this version or not).. however, in the version you can create scan profiles.. (eg: you can create a profile a folders etc you want scanning and just scan that profile). If not pls put it in the wish list.

As you all know, I was not happy with cav2, hence started building a much bigger (i mean bigger) team and gathered around some pretty darn good experts around me to build what world hasn't seen before! An AV that be number 1 an AV that won't slow your PC down, an AV that won't eat up your resources, an AV that will detect more and faster than others (that detection will take us upto 12 months after release so pls don't expect it immediately) and AV unlike other's 25 year old technology is built with latest technologies taking advantage of everything that current OS and infrastructure provides you. Not only are we going to make sure you have a secure and healthy PC (because without a secure and healthy PC there can be no Trusted Internet and Trusted Internet is what I want us all to have

So, one thing I can promise you all is that I will do my best to deliver you a world beating AV!!! And with CAV3 we have the beginnings of a world beating AV!

thanks

Melih

Offline fazio93

• Comodo Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2008, 11:26:54 AM »
it should.. (not sure if this version or not).. however, in the version you can create scan profiles.. (eg: you can create a profile a folders etc you want scanning and just scan that profile). If not pls put it in the wish list.

ok.

As you all know, I was not happy with cav2, hence started building a much bigger (i mean bigger) team and gathered around some pretty darn good experts around me to build what world hasn't seen before! An AV that be number 1 an AV that won't slow your PC down, an AV that won't eat up your resources, an AV that will detect more and faster than others (that detection will take us upto 12 months after release so pls don't expect it immediately) and AV unlike other's 25 year old technology is built with latest technologies taking advantage of everything that current OS and infrastructure provides you. Not only are we going to make sure you have a secure and healthy PC (because without a secure and healthy PC there can be no Trusted Internet and Trusted Internet is what I want us all to have

So, one thing I can promise you all is that I will do my best to deliver you a world beating AV!!! And with CAV3 we have the beginnings of a world beating AV!

thanks

Melih

sounds great!  (J) (L) (M)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CIS 5.12.256249.2599
Please remember to follow the Forum Policy.

Xman

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2008, 12:00:22 PM »
Hi Melih, I'm totally convinced that you'll deliver a top notch as always...
And again congrats on CRC 1st effort, nice showing and functional. Oh & BTW is the party over for the devs on that one so they can concentrate on CIS? How did your roadtest of the CEO privileged edition fare on your VM? ;)
 :Beer
Xman,  (:KWL)

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek