ESM Agent and Remote Assistance...

Good morning all,

I am doing a demo/trail of ESM 3.3.10307.236 and have a question about the ESM Agent installed on our Windows 7 endpoints. I would like to know if there is a way to hide the ESM Agent in the system tray? If not is there a way to disable the Remote Assistance feature? The feature is a great idea, but I don’t see us using it or at least not using it right away. I would prefer to be able to disable it so curious users don’t try to use it.

Off topic, but where would be the best place to make feature suggestions for ESM? Thanks.

Good afternoon,

I haven’t been able to find any where in the settings that allows me to disable the ESM Agent, but it appears that killing the ESM Agent process has no effect on the functionality of CESM for the endpoint in question. It would appear that all of the important features run via the CesmAgentService service. So I will just prevent the ESM Agent process from running and all should be fine.

It looks like the “request assistance” feature is about the only thing of use existing in that tray icon. It looks like it would be a quite useful feature.

Maybe my users aren’t as curious about things as yours, but in the 1.5+ years I have had it deployed, nobody has ever clicked the “request assistance” thing to my knowledge. Of course, if you don’t have the console open constantly, you wouldn’t even notice if they did.