Author Topic: CESM2 (40729.6) - Feedback  (Read 22947 times)

Offline Sergey Gorodetskiy

• CESMUser
Re: CESM2 (40729.6) - Feedback
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2011, 05:08:28 AM »
By the way,Can some one post a screenshot of how the CESM configuration tool looks like ? I could not get it to work for me.
CESM Administrator Guide: http://help.comodo.com/topic-84-1-285-3126-Appendix-1---CESM-Configuration-Tool.html

Please send me a private message with your PC environment: OS version, language, x64\x64, Antivirus and errors in the system Event Log. I will try to reproduce and fix this bug. Also it is possible to set all settings without  CESM configuration tool , but it is little bit tricky.

Offline w-e-v

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • BETA FORCE MEMBER
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2011, 10:57:47 AM »
HI W-e-v,

Your license key has been reset again.

If this happens again, please send me a private message and I will reset it.

Thanks,

Fiolla

Thank you very much Fiolla.
I will install the next beta relase, whenever comes available, and install again the lincese key.

I will definitely private you a message if it happens again.
Thanks for the great support.

Offline SivaSuresh

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Avert the danger that has not yet come
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2011, 09:32:35 AM »
One more point...

Is there a way to remove clients from managed clients?

I tried by uninstalling CESM, still the cients show that they are managed and server disconnected. Even the manage remotely link is working...i.e., if I click on the manage remotely link, it changes to remote managed client mode. I have to click manage locally again to make any changes to it. All this is happening when the CESM server is actually completely uninstalled...

This may be some bug or a wrong implementation. Please let me know if this behaviour can be changed in any other manner...
with love Siva Suresh
|| Windows8 x64 | CIS 6 | Waterfox | Comodo Dragon x86 | Thunderbird | CCleaner | Evernote | PStart | SuperCopier | Dropbox | TeamViewer | Screenshot Captor ||
|| AMD Phenom II x4 955B | ASUS M4A88TD | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 240GB Sandisk SSD  || 3TB SATA II HDD 6Gb/s

Offline w-e-v

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • BETA FORCE MEMBER
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2011, 09:38:22 AM »
One more point...

I tried by uninstalling CESM, still the cients show that they are managed and server disconnected. Even the manage remotely link is working...i.e., if I click on the manage remotely link, it changes to remote managed client mode. I have to click manage locally again to make any changes to it. All this is happening when the CESM server is actually completely uninstalled...

This may be some bug or a wrong implementation. Please let me know if this behaviour can be changed in any other manner...
+1

Offline René K

• CESMUser
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2011, 11:46:03 AM »
I used the bate for a few days untill i to had some license issues. Sadly after it still did not work after Fiolla reset it. However i am certain they will find a solution for this issue. For the time being i will share my thoughts on this new version.

Sadly I cannot say I'm impressed with the new interface. It looks nice but it lacks in my opinion the most important thing of an endpoint manager. Functionality!

1. Managing endpoints is very counter intuitive. As mentioned before the interface for adding nodes needs more explanation as it took me some time to realise I had to press the + sign. Next to that there is no way to de-install CIS remotely.

2. What I think is lacking most (I hope I just have not found it yet) is the ability to view endpoint requests for internet access. The old interface used to show a list of requests from endpoints that would show what software was trying to access the internet. This is important for 2 reasons. It allows you to see what software is developing within the organisation, but more importantly it would allow you to approve an application on the fly. Now I have to find the software, install it and clutter a desktop with more "crap" just to allow the software on the internet.

3. Although the web interface looks nice I would rather see a client that can be installed on a single pc. If his is not an option the ability to set access control for certain systems would also work. This will add to the security of the interface.

4. I also found that when using a node as "Main desktop" settings are not always pushed as expected. In my case I tried to change the update server on the main desktop. Waited for the set 20 minutes compliance interval. Then checked another desktop only to find it still had the old update server. After manually setting the new update server it was forced back to the old one once the agent became remotely managed again.

I have found several more minor annoyances that I will share with you once I find the paper I wrote them on  88) And I'm sure I will find some more once my license is up and running again.

I have to add that point 2 is probably a deal breaker for me. If this function is not there and it cant or wont be added my future with this version of ESM looks dim. It will add so much more work to just manage my endpoints that i simply can't justify it to my superiors.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 11:51:48 AM by René K »

Offline NataliaC

• CESMUser
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2011, 08:18:33 AM »
One more point...

In order to uninstall ESM client you should open "Control Panel" - "Add or remove programs.." on endpoint and uninstall ESM Agent.

Offline SivaSuresh

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Avert the danger that has not yet come
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2011, 08:21:09 AM »
In order to uninstall ESM client you should open "Control Panel" - "Add or remove programs.." on endpoint and uninstall ESM Agent.

Thanks,

But, I now understand that it is to be done from client side, not from within CESM console.

I am looking forward to be able to do this from CESM console, not from client...It really is a big missing point...
with love Siva Suresh
|| Windows8 x64 | CIS 6 | Waterfox | Comodo Dragon x86 | Thunderbird | CCleaner | Evernote | PStart | SuperCopier | Dropbox | TeamViewer | Screenshot Captor ||
|| AMD Phenom II x4 955B | ASUS M4A88TD | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 240GB Sandisk SSD  || 3TB SATA II HDD 6Gb/s

Offline glenmm

• Comodo Member
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2011, 08:37:00 AM »
Thanks,

But, I now understand that it is to be done from client side, not from within CESM console.

I am looking forward to be able to do this from CESM console, not from client...It really is a big missing point...

[at]SivaSuresh, you have a valid point, although the focus of our current efforts is on active users of CESM, there may be some utility for it even for them. I have put it into the backlog of features for a future release, tentatively as a feature of Delete button when in View Computers to uninstall Agent/CIS.

Thanks for your feedback.

--Glen Marianko
Product Manager

Offline NataliaC

• CESMUser
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2011, 09:10:25 AM »

1. Managing endpoints is very counter intuitive. As mentioned before the interface for adding nodes needs more explanation as it took me some time to realise I had to press the + sign.
This will be fixed in next beta.
2. What I think is lacking most (I hope I just have not found it yet) is the ability to view endpoint requests for internet access. The old interface used to show a list of requests from endpoints that would show what software was trying to access the internet. This is important for 2 reasons. It allows you to see what software is developing within the organisation, but more importantly it would allow you to approve an application on the fly. Now I have to find the software, install it and clutter a desktop with more "crap" just to allow the software on the internet.
ESM 2.0 has "Default answer" paradigm, which means that if there is no special rule for application, it's attempt to access Internet will be blocked (by default) or allowed if there is corresponding CIS default answer setting. This was done in order to get rid of multiple requests which often annoyed users, so there is no ability to answer requests "on the fly" any more. However, you are able to view CIS firewall logs, see which application was blocked and basing on this information add new CIS rules and import a policy.

4. I also found that when using a node as "Main desktop" settings are not always pushed as expected. In my case I tried to change the update server on the main desktop. Waited for the set 20 minutes compliance interval. Then checked another desktop only to find it still had the old update server. After manually setting the new update server it was forced back to the old one once the agent became remotely managed again.

If I understood you correctly, by "Main desktop" you mean endpoint which is policy source. After you did any changes in CIS configuration on policy source computer, you have to reimport the policy in order to apply these changes to other computers. In other cases changes will be reverted in next policy compliance interval.

I have found several more minor annoyances that I will share with you once I find the paper I wrote them on  88) And I'm sure I will find some more once my license is up and running again.

I have to add that point 2 is probably a deal breaker for me. If this function is not there and it cant or wont be added my future with this version of ESM looks dim. It will add so much more work to just manage my endpoints that i simply can't justify it to my superiors.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your efforts and we're looking forward to seeing more feedbacks from you soon.

Offline Ketler1701

• CESMUser
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2011, 06:24:17 AM »
First off, loving the new interface, a lot more intuitive than the old 1.6 interface, however there are a few things that caused issues.

Firstly when I was checking out the features I accidentally installed the agent a large group of my domain computers as I wasn't expecting it to start installing automatically when moving onto the next page. To prevent this from happening to others (and the fun task of manually uninstalling the agent, but thats another point) could there be a run instillation button that needs to be pressed rather than just starting the process. I know it sounds counter-intuitive but it would prevent a lot of headaches for other admins.

Secondly (mainly due to my first mistake), computers that have the agent installed keep adding themselves back onto the computer list even though I have removed them from the console. I assume that the agent must be manually uninstalled to resolve this issue, as others mentioned it would be useful to be able to do that from the console remotely instead of having to go around each machine.

I agree with other posters, there needs to be some sort of progress status for excecuting tasks, be it AV updates, antivirus scans or downloading CIS instillations. Really hard to know how long a task will take without any status information (problematic when you want to shutdown a PC but a scan is running).

My final note, Malware status is reported by the completion of a scan (local or remote excecuted), it would be nice if when the user performs a scan and found Malware, but then marked them as safe, for the Malware status to be updated on the console without the need for another scan to be run.

Just my thoughts so far, but again a massive improvement on previous versions, well done.

Offline Ketler1701

• CESMUser
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2011, 09:08:46 AM »
A workaround to remotely uninstall agents that I have found is to Manage the system with the old 1.6 CEMS and then uninstall the agent from there, then unmanage the system.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek