Author Topic: How Do I install Digital Certificate?  (Read 4972 times)

Offline percy

How Do I install Digital Certificate?
« on: August 07, 2006, 06:50:41 AM »
Hi All,

First of all - forgive me for being such a noob when it comes to this, but i could not find instructions anywhere on how to get the certificate installed and functioning. 

My scenario is that a doctors surgery had this installed by their internal IT person and she has gone on maternity leave.....leaving me to reinstall them after a rebuilb of the main server. :-(
(For some reason their certificates were lost when their workstations were reattached to the domain ....computers are weird sometimes.

THeir IT person did have a copy of the certificates on her computer which i can access.

Has anyone got a step by step or at least something like that?  I am very computer literate and am open to any help. 

Pleeeeeze i need the help. 

Thanks for any input.

Offline garry

• Retired Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: How Do I install Digital Certificate?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 09:49:44 AM »
If you don't have the private key that lives on the user machine then it isn't possible
to re-install email certificates.

The only option is to contact support and have the originals revoked so that you can re-apply
for new ones.

I recommend, after getting the new ones, that you back these up with the private key
so that they can be re-installed if a machine crashes...and store the backups in a safe
place away from any user machine.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek