This is hopefully a simple problem since I can’t find anything related in the forums of knowledgebase:
- I requested a certificate using IE7.0.5730.11 on XP Pro SP2
- When I attempt to download the cert, I get a message saying “This Certificate could not be installed. Please ensure that… this is the same computer and web browser from which you applied for your Certificate [it is] you have not deleted your Private Key [I didn’t] you have not already installed your Certificate [I haven’t]”
- If I look at the cert in IE (there’s one there, even though it said it couldn’t download it – and I’ve tried deleting it and trying again), it says it *has* an associated private key
- If I try to export the key, it says it does *not have* a private key
- I cannot decrypted email messages with the cert
- I can successfully request and download the cert with firefox, so it looks like a problem w/ IE
I’ve revoked and retried 3 times on two different PCs.
Both PCs have Norton AV…don’t know if there is a known issue there.
Any ideas? I can’t be the only one with this issue!