Author Topic: System is trying to modify ...  (Read 6557 times)

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: System is trying to modify ...
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 11:47:52 AM »
Sorry to jump in here but since I have been getting the same "System can not be recognized" warning.

Please take a look at these screen shots...I no longer have any Predefined Policies since the latest
update...(5.10)
Sometimes when cfp.exe of cmdagent.exe crash you can loose rules. Best thing is to make back ups from your configuration from time to time.

At cska133. Does the problem also occur when you import and activate a factory default configuration? They can be found in the CIS installation folder.

Offline cska133

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 10:10:21 PM »
first of all I do not have the last version of Comodo , since I have some issues with the Comodo driver which has been set back from CIS 5.4 ---> but this is another story, I am in contact with Rick Wang who is working on that and reported that the driver will be "fixed" in CIS 6. So I am still using CIS 5.3.xxxxx. But maybe I will update to the llast version to see if the problem with the system popups stil occurs.

Scroll down until you see the entry tree "windows system applications". Its a collapseable tree entry. It contains:
system
%windir%\system32\svchost.exe
%windir%\system32\services.exe
%windir%\system32\smss.exe
and so on

Do you have it?

I was not at home , so I will check this out soon and will report.

Sometimes when cfp.exe of cmdagent.exe crash you can loose rules. Best thing is to make back ups from your configuration from time to time.

I remember that on that day when these popups came I had a Comodo crash. So maybe this is the case

Offline cska133

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 04:28:49 PM »
Defense+ rules list
There are your games, programs ect listed with notification about what kind of rules they got (custom, trusted, blocked).
Scroll down until you see the entry tree "windows system applications". Its a collapseable tree entry. It contains:
system
%windir%\system32\svchost.exe
%windir%\system32\services.exe
%windir%\system32\smss.exe
and so on

sorry, I really dont understand what CIS entry do you mean with D+ rules list? I dont find this, maybe because I have version 5.3
Please clarify in D+ modul what do I have to open Events, active process list or computer security policy? I think it should be in the security policies, but is it unter rules list or predefined policies ... BUT nowhere I do have collaseable tree entries????

Look at screenshots, whitch is relevant?

thanks

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 05:39:55 PM »
At cska133. Does the problem also occur when you import and activate a factory default configuration? They can be found in the CIS installation folder.
Could you try this and tell if the problem persists or not?

Offline cska133

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 02:27:38 PM »
yes, activating the defaut settings solve the problem

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 06:33:34 PM »
yes, activating the defaut settings solve the problem
Then the problem was somewhere in your configuration or. It may have gotten corrupted when cfp.exe or cmdagent.exe crashed or because of changes you made.

Offline clockwork

• Comodo's Hero
  • Oxygen requires Chuck Norris to live
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 06:24:50 AM »
Look at screenshots, which is relevant?
Number 3.
And in number 2 you can see "-" ..... if you press it, it becomes "+", and the column gets collapsed. Thats what i meant with collapseable trees, but in the context of number 3 :D
"If there is a problem, it`s something interesting. Try to circumvent or fix it.
In the old ages there was no support. That`s why we got the brain we have today.
Otherwise we would only be able to call a number and listen."

Offline cska133

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 02:22:47 PM »
yes, and in  screenshot 3 there was nothing about Windows system applications. I thing this was because of the Comodo crash I had just before

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek