Author Topic: Quick Cliq Alerts ?  (Read 1315 times)

Offline wozofoz

• Comodo Family Member
Quick Cliq Alerts ?
« on: February 27, 2011, 10:39:15 AM »
Hi,
I am using Comodo Firewall (Safe Mode) with Defense+ (Safe Mode) only (no AV or Sandbox)
Microsoft Security Essentials
All are up to date.

I downloaded Quick Cliq launcher which is Portable and based on AutoHotKey
When first launched Quick Cliq has "Automatically check for updates" ticked by default and Defense+ popped up the following:

3 Modify Registry alerts (screenshots QC 01 - 02 - 03)
InternetSettings\ProxyEnable
InternetSettings\ProxyServer
InternetSettings\ProxyOverride
1 Access DNS/RPC alert (screenshot QC 04)
\RPC Control\DNSResolver

I Blocked these and then Quick Cliq wanted to connect to the internet which I have Allowed.
I have unticked the automatic update but this happens when I look for Updates manually (how I got the screenshots)

I have uploaded the Quick Cliq file to VirusTotal and it gets Result: 0 /43 (0.0%) See report here

Although I believe this software is totally legit and safe I have never seen this type of alert before and was wondering if someone could explain what is happening and confirm if it is 'normal' or a False Positive or whatever.
Should I Allow or Block ?

Edit: I ticked "Send the file to Comodo for analysis"

All the best, woz of oz
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 10:46:42 AM by wozofoz »
Acer Aspire One NetBook
AOA150 ZG5 • XP Home  SP3 • RAM: 1GB • Processor: Intel 1.6 GHz Atom • BIOS (updated): 0.3309 • WiFi

Offline Boris 3

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Quick Cliq Alerts ?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 01:50:39 PM »
Hi,

You can safely allow these requests, there are normal for an application which connects to the internet.

As you are certain that the software you downloaded is safe, you should move it in your trusted applications to reduce possibly future alerts from CIS.

Boris

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek