Author Topic: BSOD with the drivers of VX7000 webcam  (Read 7144 times)

Offline pandlouk

• I love Comodo
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Mod
BSOD with the drivers of VX7000 webcam
« on: November 23, 2007, 02:32:54 PM »
Conflict of cmdguard.sys and nx6000.sys (it comes with the drivers of my new vx7000 webcam).

The only solution for now is to uninstall comodo 3. :'(

edit: seems that is the comodo guardian driver. (I'll move the post over there and uninstall memory guardian instead.) ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 02:35:29 PM by pandlouk »

Offline Tyler Durden

• Comodo Loves me
Re: BSOD with the drivers of VX7000 webcam
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 04:26:22 PM »
Hi, I've digged that issue today. Something broke the kernel's notification routine's parameters in this case so the first "hook" (here - comodo memory guardian) crashed. This issue is fixed and the solution will be available in the CMG release (though this is a very strange behavior, it seems that something probably hides the dll/exe so the kernel can't pass us it's name as a parameter. Please try to scan your system with one of the antirootkits)
The Verve RETURNED !!! Can't you feel this beauty in life ?!

Offline pandlouk

• I love Comodo
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Mod
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 07:11:39 PM »
Hi, I've digged that issue today. Something broke the kernel's notification routine's parameters in this case so the first "hook" (here - comodo memory guardian) crashed. This issue is fixed and the solution will be available in the CMG release (though this is a very strange behavior, it seems that something probably hides the dll/exe so the kernel can't pass us it's name as a parameter. Please try to scan your system with one of the antirootkits)
Hi Tyler,

thanks, for responding. If it is a rootkit, then it definitly came with the installation of the microsoft applications/drivers. It happend right after I download and installed LifeCam 1.4 32-bit for Windows XP SP2 or higher(:AGY)

I'll check my system right away.

Offline pandlouk

• I love Comodo
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Mod
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 08:29:34 PM »
Hi Tyler,

thanks, for responding. If it is a rootkit, then it definitly came with the installation of the microsoft applications/drivers. It happend right after I download and installed LifeCam 1.4 32-bit for Windows XP SP2 or higher(:AGY)

I'll check my system right away.

From a first check my system seems clean. The antirootkits do not find anything. I scan my pc with avira and now downloaded a trial of kaspersky for a second check.

ps. Can it be that CFP3's defence+, somehow blocked comodo guardian from getting access to the name of the dll?

Offline Tyler Durden

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 03:10:13 AM »
No :) It's just an abnormal system bahavior but it can be fixed so who cares, MS surprises us as usual :)
The Verve RETURNED !!! Can't you feel this beauty in life ?!

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek