A free online file verdict service “Valkyrie” is formally released today!

Hi, everyone,

We are very glad and excited to announce that a new product (service) with very nice and beautiful name “Valkyrie” is formally released today!

“Valkyrie” is a free online file verdict service ( http://valkyrie.comodo.com ), which is cloud based file analysis system that tests user-submitted files with a range of static and dynamic detectors - including heuristics, file look-up and real-time behavior analysis. By using “Valkyrie”, our users quickly gain a verdict on the safety of an unknown file and can help accelerate the identification of zero-day malware.

We are so proud that our “Valkyrie” file verdict service is the first opening public online service that adopts various kinds of AI techniques to tell its users whether their submitted file is malicious or safe with relative probability.

We sincerely hope that all of you can give us your feedbacks on the forum or email to valkyrie[at]comodo.com. We believe that with your concerns and under our continuous efforts, “Valkyrie” can be much more and more popular!

Visiting websites:

Fanny

Why the names of the AV’s are hidden? this is worst than DACS.
Virus Total is much better.

sorry if sounds like stupid question…but how is it different from CAMAS…

ps. i havent tried this yet.

Excellent work guys!

this is one amazing infrastructure!

Melih

this system can analyse files staticly (not dynamic like CAMAS) and uses amazing AI engines to do that. Also this system can tell you if a file is “Safe” or not…not only if a file is “Malicious” or not.

I just tested Valkyrie with mirc.exe and it was reported as malware. Although, using this program “may” open you up to infection, the program itself isn’t malware!

Valkyrie Report

excellent thanks…

lets keep testing the system pls…
thank you…

You mean another vendors engines or this is not related with DACS at all?
Have we to believe that DACS has disapear without notice, and now suddenly we have “Valkyrie” with multi AI engines made by comodo? ;D

nothing to do with DACS…
this is a system on its own…its one amazing AI system…

thanks melih. So, my next question is :slight_smile:
would this be integrated in Comodo Cloud lookup to obtain the verdict? If so, i think it would be great.

I will test it with real malware and see it how it performs…

Thanks,
Harsha.

This will be integrated in CIS?

DACS is dead forever?

Thanks for answer the questions

yes it will be part of the cloud system for CIS soon…

DACS is not dead.

For this version, we just support un-infected PE files at first. :slight_smile:

Sorry for making so many questions but, what is the future of DACS now that has been removed from Killswitch?

this particular quote @http://v.comodo.com/About.aspx looks interesting

Companies that wish to integrate FVS into their own services are welcome to use our APIs. For more details, please contact valkyrie@comodo.com.
I just tested Valkyrie with mirc.exe and it was reported as malware. Although, using this program "may" open you up to infection, the program itself isn't malware!

Valkyrie Report

http://www.mirc.com

It will be important to keep false positives to an absolute minimum if this service is going to be effective. Looking forward to its further development!

This will be part of a cloud system and you said this can tell you if a file is either malicious or safe both. Does this mean the autosandbox in CIS will be kinda non-existant coz V will classify the file as either safe or malicious?

Thanxx
Naren

What’s about autmoatic signatures creation for CAV by verdicts from this service?
The same like with CAMAS - Heur.Suspicoius.

Valkyrie.Suspicious :stuck_out_tongue:

About Comodo File Verification Service

Comodo FVS is a cloud based file analysis system that tests user-submitted files with a range of static and dynamic detectors - including heuristics, file look-up and real-time behavior analysis. By using FVS, our users quickly gain a verdict on the safety of an unknown file and can help accelerate the identification of zero-day malware.

Companies that wish to integrate FVS into their own services are welcome to use our APIs. For more details, please contact valkyrie[at]comodo.com.

Is this service free?

Sounds great…

Looking forward to see that happen.