Author Topic: A free online file verdict service “Valkyrie” is formally released today!  (Read 253094 times)

Offline L.A.R. Grizzly

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Akron, Ohio, USA
    • Grizzly's Home Page
I just tested Valkyrie with mirc.exe and it was reported as malware. Although, using this program "may" open you up to infection, the program itself isn't malware!

Valkyrie Report

http://www.mirc.com

excellent thanks...

lets keep testing the system pls..
thank you...

It will be important to keep false positives to an absolute minimum if this service is going to be effective. Looking forward to its further development!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 11:52:32 AM by L.A.R. Grizzly »
Main Machine: AMD FX-8320 8 Core 3.50 GHz - 16 GB G.Skill DDR3 RAM - nVidia GT610 Graphics
Main Machine: Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit - Second Machine: Win7 Pro SP1 32 Bit - Laptop: WinXP Pro SP3 32 Bit
CIS 7.0.317799.4142

Offline naren

• Comodo's Hero
yes it will be part of the cloud system for CIS soon...

DACS is not dead.

This will be part of a cloud system and you said this can tell you if a file is either malicious or safe both. Does this mean the autosandbox in CIS will be kinda non-existant coz V will classify the file as either safe or malicious?

Thanxx
Naren
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 12:03:20 PM by naren »

Offline morphiusz

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Suspicious file?
What's about autmoatic signatures creation for CAV by verdicts from this service?
The same like with CAMAS - Heur.Suspicoius.

Valkyrie.Suspicious :P

Offline lordraiden

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
this particular quote [at]http://v.comodo.com/About.aspx looks interesting

About Comodo File Verification Service

Comodo FVS is a cloud based file analysis system that tests user-submitted files with a range of static and dynamic detectors - including heuristics, file look-up and real-time behavior analysis. By using FVS, our users quickly gain a verdict on the safety of an unknown file and can help accelerate the identification of zero-day malware.

Companies that wish to integrate FVS into their own services are welcome to use our APIs. For more details, please contact valkyrie[at]comodo.com.

Is this service free?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 11:58:45 AM by lordraiden »

Offline SivaSuresh

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Avert the danger that has not yet come
What's about autmoatic signatures creation for CAV by verdicts from this service?
The same like with CAMAS - Heur.Suspicoius.

Valkyrie.Suspicious :P

Sounds great..

Looking forward to see that happen.
with love Siva Suresh
|| Windows8 x64 | CIS 6 | Waterfox | Comodo Dragon x86 | Thunderbird | CCleaner | Evernote | PStart | SuperCopier | Dropbox | TeamViewer | Screenshot Captor ||
|| AMD Phenom II x4 955B | ASUS M4A88TD | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 240GB Sandisk SSD  || 3TB SATA II HDD 6Gb/s

Offline morphiusz

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Suspicious file?
What does "AI" mean?
Can you describe 1-15 "AI" detectors?
What they are?

Offline morphiusz

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Suspicious file?
Yes, exactly :)
Thanks.

Offline Siketa

• Comodo's Hero
  • ZIG ZAG

Is this service free?

Read the first post (from Fanny).....

"“Valkyrie” is a free online file verdict service..."

Offline naren

• Comodo's Hero
I guess V gives verdict as potential safe or malicious. I think there is a thread in the forum started by Chiron if I remember correctly where he mentioned that a service which will tell the user whether the apps/files in question are potential safe or malicious should be implemented in CIS to help the average user make decision with the popup. I think this can be implemented that way. Lets see how Comodo implements V in CIS.

Thanxx
Naren

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
Sorry for making so many questions but, what is the future of DACS now that has been removed from Killswitch?

DACS wasn't ready yet...instead of holding back CCE we thought we launch it without it.

Offline Valentin N

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Usability Study Group
    • My homepage at the moment
Nice thing :) could you make the max MB to 40? thanks and great website.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 07:07:32 AM by Valentin N »

CEVPN: Valentin N

CIS 6.3

Keep CTM alive by voting

Offline SerB

• Comodo's Hero
It would be nice to make a button in the CIS and CCE in Advanced settings - send the file to "Valkyrie"  ;)

but it's probably already too many want to ... :D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 02:08:23 PM by SerB »

Offline Budda

• Comodo Loves me
Sorry, but you requested feedback and I'll oblige.

This new and improved idea is nothing more so far to me and my understanding than a gimped up version of Virustotal and other various services.  DACS showed promise with the idea of bringing DACS to the end point consumer rather than the user having to submit each and every file to  the cloud hence saving time and technicality (and it provided malware samples for you).

You said you have not released DACS as part of CCE because you were too busy innovating but what is innovative about this?  You took a concept that has already been out there and threw it up on your own servers.  Cool?  Virustotal already has this with a social integration feedback existing AND I trust their forward development to be both constant and reliable.  Comodo has failed to do this with silly re-branding and deployment of "new" technologies that simply doesn't keep me the end user any safer then it did 6 months ago. 

Offline Valentin N

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Usability Study Group
    • My homepage at the moment
Sorry, but you requested feedback and I'll oblige.

This new and improved idea is nothing more so far to me and my understanding than a gimped up version of Virustotal and other various services.  DACS showed promise with the idea of bringing DACS to the end point consumer rather than the user having to submit each and every file to  the cloud hence saving time and technicality (and it provided malware samples for you).

You said you have not released DACS as part of CCE because you were too busy innovating but what is innovative about this?  You took a concept that has already been out there and threw it up on your own servers.  Cool?  Virustotal already has this with a social integration feedback existing AND I trust their forward development to be both constant and reliable.  Comodo has failed to do this with silly re-branding and deployment of "new" technologies that simply doesn't keep me the end user any safer then it did 6 months ago. 

Lets say that comodo makes a good use of what VT has to offer.

Regards,
            Valentin N

CEVPN: Valentin N

CIS 6.3

Keep CTM alive by voting

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek