Author Topic: Comodo Mobile Security on Android (CMS) v.1.1.16984.2 is formally released.  (Read 20069 times)

Offline Valentin N

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Usability Study Group
    • My homepage at the moment
Any chance to see full application firewall in mobile security? Thanks:)

It depends for instance, Java ME allows that. So depending on the programming limitations will determine if such application can be developed

CEVPN: Valentin N

CIS 6.3

Keep CTM alive by voting

Offline JJKTP

• Comodo Loves me
Glad now that we have CMS for Android.

Thanks to Melih and the team.

Offline MrAnt

Great work, guys.

As soon as I seen the little pop-up on my computer I got excited and downloaded it on my phone straight away (after uninstalling Lookout).

Can't wait for the upcoming additions to it ^_^

I'll be promoting it around the forums I mod at, and on my site  :-TU

Offline John Buchanan

• The greatest victory comes from the battle within.
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Personal Dragons can be defeated. Improve yourself
Over 10,000 downloads already.
Please follow Comodo Forum Policy

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog

Offline mclandytm

Any chance one of the next versions will work on an HD tablet (I have a Lenovo K1 Tegra2 tablet with Android 3.2.1)?  Right now, it doesn't show up for me in (or install from) the Android Market because supposedly it is not compatible.  I use Comodo on my PC and recommend it to all my friends, so I sure would like to also have it for my tablet.
Huh, I guess it's not a compatibility issue after all.  I was able to manually download and install the package, and it seems to work fine.  But I still can't make it show up in Android Market.  I have read that the Android Market pre-installed by Lenovo has some restrictions, but I have no idea why it would not show Comodo.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
Huh, I guess it's not a compatibility issue after all.  I was able to manually download and install the package, and it seems to work fine.  But I still can't make it show up in Android Market.  I have read that the Android Market pre-installed by Lenovo has some restrictions, but I have no idea why it would not show Comodo.

android market decides whether the app is compatible with your device or not, if not doesn't show it to you.

Offline JoWa

• Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
mclandytm,
You can go to https://market.android.com/details?id=com.comodo.pimsecure, sign in and click on Install. The page will also tell you whether the application is compatible with your phone or not.
I searched for Comodo in Market on my HTC Desire, and found nothing, but could install it as I described above.
Ubuntu 14.04.1, 64-bit | Chrome 38β | HTTPS Everywhere
Forum Policy | Comodo Product Help

Offline mclandytm

mclandytm,
You can go to https://market.android.com/details?id=com.comodo.pimsecure, sign in and click on Install. The page will also tell you whether the application is compatible with your phone or not.
I searched for Comodo in Market on my HTC Desire, and found nothing, but could install it as I described above.
Interesting.  The web-based Android Market also shows Comodo Mobile as being incompatible with the Lenovo Ideapad K1.  However, I have it installed (manually), and it seems to work fine.  Is there something in the manifest that would imply incompatibility?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 09:35:57 PM by mclandytm »

Offline Erythnul

Hey guys!

Always been an avid Comodo user on my desktop, just gave CMS a try. Smooth, great at what it does, but unfortunately, I'm not making the change from Avast just yet. Their having integrated Theft Aware into their app is great. I realise you've probably been working on this for quite some time already, but this is where a mobile security app truly needs to shine in my opinion. Viruses are not a very big problem yet, though that time is coming, and when that time is there I still want to be fully committed to Comodo ;)

So here is what I think, the wishlist looks good til now, backup, traffic monitoring and anti-theft sound great and I will switch when they're here, but the anti-theft does need to be on par with Avast's (I know it will be even better! ;))
-It needs good root integration (maybe even a temp-root solution for the users who are unwilling to root, but like the extra security? I don't know how possible this is though?),
-a web interface (if you're fast, you can still beat them to it! Though naturally it needs to be polished ;))
-and of course SMS integration etc,

Also, if you're considering a firewall this would presumably also only work for rooted users? If so, such a temp-root mechanism for the less technologically inclined would be even more valuable :)
You've probably thought of all of this yourselves but this is my 2c ;)

For the rest, looks like CSM will soon be an awesome app! Keep at it!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 09:49:19 PM by Erythnul »

Offline five.toed.dragon

Interesting.  The web-based Android Market also shows Comodo Mobile as being incompatible with the Lenovo Ideapad K1.  However, I have it installed (manually), and it seems to work fine.  Is there something in the manifest that would imply incompatibility?

How did you install it manually?  Is there a installer available to download?   I am having the compatibility issue on my Toshiba AT100.

Offline mclandytm

Re: Comodo Mobile Security on Android (CMS) v.1.1.16984.2 is formally released.
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2012, 04:23:10 PM »
How did you install it manually?  Is there a installer available to download?   I am having the compatibility issue on my Toshiba AT100.
Open your Android Web Browser, go to https://m.comodo.com/, click on the download button to directly download the .apk file, then open the Downloads folder and click on the .apk file to launch the installer.  Note that you may have to go into settings to enable installation of applications from sources other than Android Market.

(Still, wish I didn't have to do it that way, since there doesn't really seem to be an incompatibility.  My best guess is that there is something in Comodo's manifest that hasn't been updated to include compatibility with some Honeycomb/tablet feature, like SDK level or screen resolution.)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 04:40:45 PM by mclandytm »

Offline five.toed.dragon

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2012, 07:07:42 AM »
Open your Android Web Browser, go to https://m.comodo.com/, click on the download button to directly download the .apk file, then open the Downloads folder and click on the .apk file to launch the installer.  Note that you may have to go into settings to enable installation of applications from sources other than Android Market.

Thanks!  I will try that!

Offline hyatt69

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2012, 08:59:52 PM »
couldnt find a wishlist for cms

i hope when you add anti-theft features such as scream,lock,unlock,locate this can be done from a web interface.webroots paid version has this and its very nice.

Offline loveboy_lion

• Comodo's Hero
  • COMODO Is Good Hope We Make it The BEST !
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2012, 09:51:42 PM »
couldnt find a wishlist for cms

i hope when you add anti-theft features such as scream,lock,unlock,locate this can be done from a web interface.webroots paid version has this and its very nice.
here is the wishlist for cms http://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cms/wishlist-for-cms-t74087.0.html

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek