as many others I had problems with updating my av-bases and cis-updates using Comodo Offline Updater.
As a countermeasure I programmed a little tool which I named "ComoLoader".
It's a really simple console application written in java. In this way you can be independent from Windows.
The Archive contains 4 files:
comoloader.jar - my program
run.bat - for windows user
run.sh - for linux users
config.xml - config file
There are two ways to start my ComoLoader:
1. Using the console with the command "java -jar comoloader.jar".
If you get a OutOfMemoryException (might happen) try this:
"java -Xmx600m -jar comoloader.jar"
2. Use the run.bat/run.sh (recommended)
The config.xml contains 4 nodes: general, av, cis, other.
Setup Serveraddress, port and updateinterval in seconds here.
Setup the update58, update55, ... folders here (same as in Comodo Offline Updater)
Those folders will contain the Virus Signatures.
Setup the init_1800, init_1500, ... folders here (same as in Comodo Offline Updater)
Those folders will contain the Updates for CIS.
I used this for other files I found which CIS is requesting (Announcements and stuff).
I'm not sure if they are needed or not.
The config file is already set to the latest CIS version for windows.
For more information start Comodo Offline Updater and go to File->Upates information...
To stop ComoLoader press CTRL + c (Both win/linux).
- ComoLoader will now download cav.z files which are smaller
- If there's a problem downloading the cav.z it will download the cav file instead
- Fixed some smaller Bugs
- Updated config.xml for CIS 6.0 / CIS 2013
1. It's NOT a offical Software from COMODO! If there are questions/bugs/etc write a comment here.
2. I did NOT use code from COMODO software. I made it from scratch using the logfiles from
Comodo Offline Updater.
3. It will only download av-bases and cis-updates
4. This software is FREE.
5. This sotware can be shared but NOT in any way altered.
6. Please consider that my native language is not english
greetings Ralf "roop" W